It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photographer captures stunning images of UFOs above Hatfield

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

The Jupiter shot was taken on a Canon 10-20mm

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

You are of course entitled to your own thoughts, this is why I wanted the images in the local press in the first place, so people would talk and give there ideas on what i photographed. I actually took the 20 min exposure to see the object was moving! I thought it might have been a weather balloon when I first saw it. I did take loads of photos but they have been lost (previous post). After the 20 min exposure i noticed they were not moving with the stars, (there for worth doing the 20 min exposure)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Threegirls

Not a problem, glad people are talking about this! Sorry for slow replies, I am moving around the London Underground ATM, Making reply's difficult. lol.

link   
reply to post by Jasonlreeve

Thanks for joining the thread.

What is lighting up the trees in your images?

I think that there are lights out of shot at the bottom of the image creating lens flares as CHUD has described.

Similar to these:

edit on 19/11/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

link   
In my opinion it's lens flare, I'm a photographer, I have a 60D, I take night exposures, I know what lens flare looks like, sorry to be blunt but that's what it is. It made even more sense when I found out it was the 17-85mm lens because this is a known characteristic of the lens.

It might not have been bright enough to be visible in the viewfinder and only showed up during long exposures.

In fact if you draw a line straight through the yellow one the line will eventually meet a light source at the bottom of the photo in perfect alignment thus proving it is the light source responsible for the flare, the movement of the trees no doubt obscures the the light sources to a degree although they would not have been bright to begin with if the long exposure is anything to go by.

The fact that all three are aligned vertically and converge inwards is also telling as is the basic shape of all three "objects", as is typical for this kind of lens flare you get the "jellyfish" or "spinning top" shape where we see a very basic insight into the actual optical layout of the lens with the large front element at the front of the lens and then smaller elements towards the rear.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I am NOT the man from Welwyn Garden City who has over 80 videos of UFOs! But this was mentioned in the News Paper! Might have to get in touch with him!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Thanks for joining the thread.

What is lighting up the trees in your images?

I think that there are lights out of shot at the bottom of the image creating lens flares as CHUD has described.

Similar to these:

Snap!

My thoughts exactly although in this instance I believe the light sources are in the frame but just not very bright, don't forget this is a very long exposure so we are seeing very dim light sources being amplified. The middle one can be lined up easily but the other two appear to be obscured by the movement of the trees.

There is one uncropped version in the flickr set

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdeeman

Interesting! There is in fact two street lights outside my window! but not in the direction I took the photographs. I also say this thing in the sky! I AGREE! it really does look like some sort of Lens Flare. But I assure you it is not! The Len used in a 17-85mm canon but I keep my equipment in tip top working order. When I have had lens flare in the past it is visible on the lcd screen of the camera and will move about when u move the camera. I have seen this happen, and is exactly what you have described. But I saw this thing with my eyes! You can only have my word on that im afraid!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

If it make you feel any better I saw a UFO quite close-up one day, I ran to get my camera and snapped away as the object moved away. The pics were terrible. Also by the time I butchered them with trimming etc (didn't have a clue what I was doing) they weren't even worth a second glance. BUT I SAW IT.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Hi there fellow Scot.

When and where was your sighting? Did you do a thread on ATS about it?

If so, got a link? I like your signature. LOL.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jasonlreeve
reply to post by fatdeeman

When I have had lens flare in the past it is visible on the lcd screen of the camera and will move about when u move the camera.
Of course not all lens flare is created equal. In some cases I'm sure you can see it through the viewfinder as you state. However, this was a 20 minute time exposure, which by its very nature means that it can amplify something that's not visible without the long time exposure, including a very dim lens flare.

I have seen this happen, and is exactly what you have described. But I saw this thing with my eyes! You can only have my word on that im afraid!
Actually your story doesn't seem to be consistent in that regard.

You said you saw one thing with your eyes, but there are three things in the photograph, right? So are we in fact talking about different things?

I previously asked about the one versus three objects, but you never really answered.
edit on 19-11-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

HaHa, you crazy! that is funny!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Sorry, I have been on the move and trying to reply with my iPhone!

I saw the funnal shaped obect in the sky, I DID NOT see the other lights until I looked at the long exposure shot, I never saw all those lights with naked eye. Only one! The one that looks like a tornado! It was dim but visible!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Could you post the full version of that photo, instead of just a cropped section?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

PHOTOS HERE

www.flickr.com...@N03/sets/72157627875873619/detail/

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Computers can doctor pictures to look like anything.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Don't you have a full resolution version of that photo, only that cropped version?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Here's the full sized original:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
To post links to Flickr, you have to leave off the http://

ATS doesn't like the @ in the links.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join