It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help With A Dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
We all have or have had those dreams sometimes where you know whats happening but as soon as you wake up you think "where did that dream come from?"
I had one of those dreams last-night. After trying a method to having lucid dreams, it happened.
Here's how it went.

I was in my house and this monster kept killing all my friends that came around.
After it killed one of my friends that was staying in the spare-room i went for a walk around town.
I saw some alcohol bottles on a shelf that had a little bit of drink left in them, next to the bottles were shot glasses and assortments of different kinds of things one of them looked like a dipping sauce dish. I went for the 'dipping sauce dish' first, and them i saw these little mini shot glasses.
I poured myself four shots, and drank it.

Then i caught up with some of my friends in the dream. We went for a walk.
We then ended up on what seemed like a buildings roof top, with a view of huge green mountains, beyond the mountains were what seemed like gigantic monuments.
(The one on the left was like a tower with Griffins sitting around the top of it, the second next to it was also humongous in size and in the appearance of an Aztec temple.)

I told my friends "look its South America" and that the monuments were made of gold, but were so old that the gold had turned green, also that they were so huge.
The Aztecan style temple was covered in moss, while the tower was about the size of two of the temples on top of each other.

I have seen these same monuments in another dream, but of different context.
In this other dream, i was flying around the world, and i landed in this area of South America.
I stayed in that place until i woke up.

I have found no meaning in these dreams yet, im going to look through different online dream dictionaries e.c.t.
But, if anyone could help out with their opinions on what they might symbolize, that would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Read it twice, your dream must have been like a harry potter version of the "hangover".

These words are what you should search/investigate!

Alcohol

Griffins

Aztec

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
i used to practice teqniques for lucid dreaming, and the best tool you can possibly use is a dream journal. keep a note pad at the side of your bed and as soon as you wake up wite down everything you can remember. this will help you spot patterns in your dreams which will lead to better interpratations. Also using a journal will help you to spot things that only happen in dreams and you will start to use this as your key to entering into a lucid dream rather than a normal dream,

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by z1ppo45

Thats a great idea, that night i was trying to concentrate on having a lucid dream. Must have got it.
Thanks.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
just wondering if you had any luck entering lucidity again last night?
and how long have you been practicing the techniques, also what techniques are you using at the moment??

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by z1ppo45

I didn't get into a lucid state last-night but i did have a dream.
Ive just started practicing under 2 months ago, the technique that i use is the wake initiated lucid dreaming. www.dreamviews.com...
edit on 11/20/2011 by NZkraw because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
it seems like a sound technique to me! it seems to roll a few of the techniques i started out doing into one! The only other tip i can give you is to research reality checks and start doing them as often as you can! the one i find best is to hold ur nose and try to breath with your mouth shut, in a dream this will be entirely possible! if you can get into the habit of doing reality checks in the waking world you will start to do them without thinking in the dream world, then as soon as your checks confirm you are dreaming (ie you can breath whilst covering your mouth and nose or you count your fingers and realise its either impossible or youll have something like 9 fingers and two thumbs on one hand) you will realise your dreaming and be fully lucid!

now you have to stay grounded and calm to keep in a lucid state and not slip back into a normal dream! but thats another story.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

If you haven't received a pertinent reply yet about your dream and are still looking for an answer...
bear in mind that the one I have for you is not going to be the one you want to hear... kind of uncomfortable truth, maybe? Let me know.

Intrptr

new topics

top topics

join