It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaddafi Son Saif Arrested In Southern Libya

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Gaddafi Son Saif Arrested In Southern Libya

news.sky.com

Saif Al-Islam, son of Colonel Gaddafi, has been arrested in southern Libya, the country's justice minister says.

Libyan militia commander Bashir al-Tayeleb said Saif was captured with two aides trying to smuggle him out to neighbouring Niger.

He was brought to the city of Zintan, the home of one of the largest revolutionary brigades in Libya.

There was still no information about wanted former intelligence director Abdullah Senoussi or where he is located.

The 39-year-old, who studied in the UK, is wanted for crimes against humanity.

An arrest warrant for Saif had been issued b
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
So the heir to the gaddafi regime has been arrested, but no footage of his capture has been released. I appreciate it is Breaking news, but what price he meets an unfortunate end just like his father?

If he does know secrets involving the Western powers dealings in Libya, then I guess he will be silenced before being handed over for trial.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

but no footage of his capture has been released.

My god man give it some time, lol.

He was arrested with-in the last hour sky news are saying. It's way too soon to be suspicious that no footage has come about yet, just give it some time.

Patience is a virtue.

Edit: They're reporting that he's been captured along with his aides. So, for example, if we suddenly start to hear about his unfortunate death then yeah, maybe It's time to be suspicious that not all is as it seems..
edit on 19-11-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Yes, I appreciate that and I did make reference to the fact it is breaking news.

It's interesting that Sky were quick enough to show footage from Tripoli showing people celebrating his capture. Or is it library footage?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

The US and UK probably have a whole library of JUST middle eastern people celebrating. They've been tearing through it this decade too. A country for every occasion. S+F, I look forward to seeing what he has to say, if he ever gets a chance to talk. I really wanted to hear what Gaddafi knew, but I called way in advance that he would not get the chance to live.

The U.S. would never, ever, ever bring him into a court. The have one intention and that is to kill him.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I went full blown conspiracy theorist for the week of Bin Laden being killed and wrote the above conspiracy theory post.
edit on 19-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

It's interesting that Sky were quick enough to show footage from Tripoli showing people celebrating his capture. Or is it library footage?

Ah yes, they're showing that footage again literally as I'm typing this out. They're just repeating the same celebrations over and over again.

From the looks of it this was a pretty public arresting so hopefully that means plenty of opportunities for footage of the arrest to be captured on tape for us all. I guess time will tell..

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The BBC is showing a post-capture picture of Saif. He has three fingers in bandages but he looks otherwise alright.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Sorry didnt see there was a thread here

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Yes, let's hope it remains that way. I know the I.C.C are keen to bring him to trial and it would be unpalletable if he was to be exterminated, especially after his Father's public execution.

Sky are reporting that a lynch mob have tried getting into the building where he is being kept. Although, they are only reports, nothing has been verified at this early stage.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Apparently an angry mob is preventing Libyan authorities from moving Saif from Zintan. That's not a good sign.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

An angry mob will be the ideal solution for the Western Governments I'm sure.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

Not really. They have crews and sat link-ups in Tripoli, they don't on the Niger border area, so it stands to reason they would have pics from the capital and not some remote border zone.

Like has been said, give it a chance and there will be some shaky mobile footage or something. And no, I don't think the rebels are as daft this time round to let anything happen to him, they already have enough dodgy questions to answer about other incidents.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by Soshh

Yes, let's hope it remains that way. I know the I.C.C are keen to bring him to trial and it would be unpalletable if he was to be exterminated, especially after his Father's public execution.

Sky are reporting that a lynch mob have tried getting into the building where he is being kept. Although, they are only reports, nothing has been verified at this early stage.

Typical i think that Angry Mob is paid by the western governments i mean isn't it obvious?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
wow anyone buying this?

1335 GMT: Accounts are emerging of how Saif al-Islam may have been caught. A spokesman for the Sabha local revolutionary council tells Libyan TV al-Ahrar that local guide Yousif Salih al-Mahdi was approached by Saif al-Islam and his entourage to smuggle them into Niger. The spokesman said the guide instead risked his life and contacted the NTC to tell them of his whereabouts.

It seems that the local guide tricked Saif al-Islam
I guess the old saying goes be carefull who you trust.

# 1304 GMT: Carl Bildt, Foreign Minister of Sweden tweets: Warmly welcome that Saif al-Islam has been arrested. Now important that authorities protect his transfer to ICC and international justice.

Looks like he is going to get a trail at the ICC afterall.
edit on 19-11-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
He will be tried and executed in Tripoli!
And rightly so! Its the Libyains that have suffered and they should have the right to determine his fate!
He conned the west and everybody he was a reformist but showed his true colours!
Thus, his pending fate is appropriate!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RP2SticksOfDynamite

He conned the west and everybody he was a reformist but showed his true colours!
Thus, his pending fate is appropriate!

So did Barack Obama, so when can we expect his kangaroo court date and swift execution, live on pay-per-view?

He'll be found guilty of whatever they want him found guilty of, truth or otherwise isn't important when it comes to the ICC, which is itself nothing more than a politically controlled dog and pony show for the masses.
As with Saddam Hussein before him, he'll be tried with a narrow set of charges and anything outside of those charges will be censored. If he tries to speak of anything else he'll be removed from the court and hic mic cut off very quickly indeed. We've seen it all before and it's a farce!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
He wont get to the ICC.
But he will get retired early for sure.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

Apparently an angry mob is preventing Libyan authorities from moving Saif from Zintan. That's not a good sign.

I`m sure the angry mob consist of mainly rebels.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Here is a video www.youtube.com...

I doubt he will be allowed in open court.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Notice they said he's wanted for crimes against humanity.

Eh?

He is? How about the rebel NTC Scum? Who, after the Fourth Reich NATO bombed the hell out of the innocent people the NTC rebels then went in and beheaded everyone including women and children!

I support Saif because like his people who were cowardly murdered he is innocent. He won't last 5 minutes. He will be murdered just like his Father was to SHUT HIM UP!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join