It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of giant-headed mummy found in Peru - 18th Nov 2011.Is this an Alien ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
There are features that seem to have gone overlooked in this discussion, that would substantiate a claim to either potential origin; what do the molars suggest about its diet and even its digestive process? Were there other teeth that might provide further evidence? Did it have any canine teeth? Were the incisors thin like ours or wide and flat like a herbavore?
What do the thin, flat, frail ribs suggest about its physiology, or its structural capacity for weight and size? What other vestigial features are there that may indicate a biological origin beyond human?
Are there pictures of the back of the skull to work from? How is the occipital bone structured? What about its other appendages?
The elongated skull can and has been manipulated by human cultures and is not evidence enough, nor the large optical cavity; but assuming that the larger facial features are unique to our own, what do they suggest about the subject's eyesight and other senses?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

Originally posted by Jepic
If that is the skull of a true giant, then according to science he must have been dumb.
I read an article in Scientific American in summer about the relation between brain size and intelligence.

It turned out that the brain needs to be exactly our size (humans) for intelligence.
Not all the humans with big or small heads are dumb...The size doesn't matter just take a look at G.B.

All humans have relatively the same diameter of brain.
But since I don't remember all the details I'll direct you to a snippet of the article since you have to pay to read the full one.

Scientific American - The Limits of Intelligence

It has to do with the speed at which signals travel in your brain and body.
The bigger you are, the slower the signals. But this is pretty watered down.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The experts need to find a small strand of DNA on that mummy and then this whole thing will stop. Once the test results are done ,people will know if it's human or part human or an alien. I personally think it is part of the paracas culture.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.lahistoriadelperu.com... ( this link is in Spanish but it basically talks about the culture and rituals they had. I'm only showing this one because there's a diagram of how they would mold their skulls.)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

Originally posted by Jepic
If that is the skull of a true giant, then according to science he must have been dumb.
I read an article in Scientific American in summer about the relation between brain size and intelligence.

It turned out that the brain needs to be exactly our size (humans) for intelligence.

I doubt a 20in body would be classified as a giant. I'm just saying...

The idea holds for both ends of the spectrum.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by belastaris5

Part of one of the eyeballs remained in one of the eye sockets and is primed and ready for DNA testing. If you read the story about it, it says it was found 2 years ago but only made public recently. Wouldn't it make sense to carbon date, DNA test, and examine its every aspect before saying to the public "we had some doctors take a look at it after 2 years and they all said it's not of human origin"? I think they have already run the tests, archaeologists don't just tell the world they think they found an alien cause if it turns out not to be ET then they just look crazy. I believe it has already been tested and now they're attempting to stage a new discovery so they can make the info available to the public without outright saying 'ya we found this 2 years ago and have extensively tested it and it is not of human origin"....people would flip!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Mmmmk did you stop to look at the huge eye sockets or the huge nose cavity or the huge mouth that are all in perfect context with the size of the head? Of course you saw all that you just decided to ignore it. No recorded cranial deformity/deformation in history has resulted in the eyes nose and mouth being in perfect context with the cranium and it doesn't really seem possible to me, deformities are just that, deformities. The being in the picture above was meant to grow to look that way it was no mistake. C'mon it's like, BAM, right in your face and what do you decide to do? Oppression, my friend, governments can't do it themselves they rely on ignorant people like you....

It seems the scale of the picture is misleading if you look at the skull of an infant you see huge eye sockets large mouth large nasal cavity etc.

seems it may have been exactly as has been said: artificial elongation of the skull from birth on. The ribcage also shows evidence of this being a small child or infant.
edit on 19-11-2011 by SMTRu44 because: learning

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Here's a possible explanation.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Certainly doesn't look like a regular 'elongated cranium'.

And a 50cm body with molars means it's an adult. So, it must be a deformed dwarf. But it doesn't really look like one of them either... Perplexing.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hmm an alien or progeria. I can't decide.

Which one could possibly be the simplest answer?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReeceIkyle

Very few progeria cases live past the age of 13. This skull apparently has adult teeth.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

pfft, Alien obviously. *sarcasm*

In all seriousness, progeria accounts for all of the abnomalities they've listed...except for the Molars. Apparently most cases have delayed growth in teeth, but it's not unheard of for them to come in prematurely.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Very few progeria cases live past the age of 13. This skull apparently has adult teeth.

It's not unheard of, though.

I think that's what we're seeing here.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
NAZCA LINES and SKULLS. What is the link between Nazca lines and elongated heads?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

What are 'adult teeth' because when you are around 5 or 6 you start to lose your first set and I don't remember being gummy until I hit puberty.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

reply to post by FOXMULDER147

What are 'adult teeth' because when you are around 5 or 6 you start to lose your first set and I don't remember being gummy until I hit puberty.

This actually got me thinking...did they say Molars or Wisdom Teeth? If they said Molars, I'm going to consider this "case closed".

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

It could be a case of macrocephaly, it is possible, it is a very common genetic defect where you see head elongations. This could also be a case of macrocephaly due to someone having beta thalassemia. Though provoking thread nonetheless!
edit on 19-11-2011 by Unvarnished because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

This picture looks like an ape skull lol.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
i posted a link here a few pages back that goes into more detail about when and where it was found and discoveries made regarding the skeleton. Archaeologists and doctors explain that the ribs aren't normal, they go into detail of the second, even smaller, skeleton found with the same facial attributes. Oh ya and then there's the fact that they both have 2 strange fins located in their jaws and how the flat ribs correspond to not that of a human but that of a much smaller being with less weight to support with its ribs. Then they go on the say a piece of the eyeball is still in good shape and they expect full DNA tests to be successful. If you'd like to know more about this please visit the thread and translate the language using your web browser. I think its Peruvian language.

Here we go: www.andina.com.pe...
edit on 19-11-2011 by douglas82391 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished

This picture looks like an ape skull lol.

I don't think so

source(www.theistic-evolution.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join