It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of giant-headed mummy found in Peru - 18th Nov 2011.Is this an Alien ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...en.wikipedia.org... ki/Artificial_cranial_deformation
Artificial cranial deformation (From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

ie: Skull deformed for aesthetic reasons (Atacameño Culture, AD 260–300).

"...showing a Chinookan child in the process of having its head flattened, and an adult after the process.Artificial cranial deformation, head flattening, or head binding is a form of permanent body alteration in which the skull of a human being is intentionally deformed. It is done by distorting the normal growth of a child's skull by applying force. Flat shapes, elongated ones (produced by binding between two pieces of wood), rounded ones (binding in cloth) and conical ones are among those chosen. It is typically carried out on an infant, as the skull is most pliable at this time. In a typical case, headbinding begins approximately a month after birth and continues for about six months."

Yes, there are pictures of the process.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazloFarnsworth
The eye holes and mouth ears and nose will stretch proportionately in this process.

The research will show you this is part of history and not only in Preu.

Actually none of those things stretch in the elongating skull process you should probably find some facts before you start talking. Like how is has been noted by the experts dealing with the case (which I'm sure you haven't looked into) that the inside of the jaw has find like objects not found in any species of human since human existence....but you saw a few pictures so that makes you an expert....right???

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LazloFarnsworth

The research will show you this is part of history and not only in Preu.
Care to present some other photo's that show all the discrepancies of these skulls? I've been lurking ATS a long time and I've never once seen pictures of skulls like this. I've seen ones that are a bit similar, but nothing this amazing.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Metaphysic
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Yeah sir, but what about the eye holes??

I'm considering LazloFarnsworth's logical explanation www.abovetopsecret.com...

Still, it's all interesting stuff - cultural anthropology I mean.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Yes, there are pictures of the process.

You mean like this one? (edit: well it's not the process but the resulting skull, which is what we are focused on)

Now tell me how that explains this picture:

edit on 19-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazloFarnsworth
en.wikipedia.org...en.wikipedia.org... ki/Artificial_cranial_deformation
Artificial cranial deformation (From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Yes sir, those are ELONGATED CRANIUMS! What you're failing to understand is the whole skull itself is over sized, yet all the facial attributes are in context with the size and shape of the skull. You said the eye sockets nose cavity and ears somehow stretched during the elongation process...would you like to explain how this happens or provide pics cause everything im finding from people who actually know what they're talking about say you're 100% wrong

EDIT: In case anyone following this thread missed this link, www.andina.com.pe...
edit on 19-11-2011 by douglas82391 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Friend? It is DATED stuff. Stuff known to those with an interest in this decades before yourself. It is found in many books back to the 70's and farther. So, that which may be new to some...are not.. to others of us. Thats fine.

I neednt debate proven factual history and tribal practices. The history and documentation speaks for itself.

Thanks

PS Once again...there are TONS of available GOOGLE searches that can provide many, many hrs of reading on this...with as many photos...actual children bound in this technique...and also explainations as to why it is practiced.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

I neednt debate proven factual history and tribal practices. The history and documentation speaks for itself.
But you need to debate how your explanation actually fits in with what we are seeing here. Because it clearly doesn't offer an adequate explanation. These are bloated craniums, not elongated, and as douglas has been trying to point out, the facial features are in context with the size and shape of the skull. You have absolutely failed to explain that. Your explanation is flimsy at best.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Oh yeah, I'm googlin away buddy. Yet, still, the only documents i can find about your statement regarding the growth of the eye sockets, nose, ears, and jaw during the cranial elongation process completely contradicts your claim, so, if you would please, share some of your extensive older-than-me knowledge directly relating to the stretching of the face through cranial elongation. I would appreciate it very much and look forward to hearing back from you

Aww, poor guy logged off right when he read my post i didn't want to hurt feelings, guy!!!!!!!
edit on 19-11-2011 by douglas82391 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
That is strange looking for sure. I want to say it has to be a deformed or diseased human, but when that many anthropologists look at it and say that it is not human, it makes me wonder...really wonder. If this were just a case of head-binding practiced during the days when this thing was living, then why the other strange features, mainly the eyes?

The sockets seem much too large to be a human, but I suppose it is possible this is some type of disease or deformity, probably genetic, that got weeded out in the human gene pool a long time ago...maybe, but that is quite a stretch considering the short-term evolution that would have to take place.

Maybe it's a known disease or deformity, which does make more sense. Did the ribs look weird to anyone else? I am not sure, as I am no expert, but aren't human ribs more rounded? The ribs in the photograph look almost perfectly flat.

The good news is that the scientists mentioned they are going to be able to do DNA analysis, because there is still eyeball matter/tissue in the right orbital. So we will possibly find out in the coming months if this thing is an alien, or some scientists will come up mysteriously missing and we won't hear another word about it. Either are quite possible.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
The sad thing is, what other finds have archeologists dug up that have never conformed to their "history of man" chronologies and have never seen the light of day? Artifacts that do come to light are usually explained away as human deformities and unexplained objects are explained away as ritual objects or other convenient ideas that fit with their narrow perspective of human history. It will be interesting to see how they justify this find.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
This isn't an alien nor a giant. It is en.wikipedia.org... .

What's interesting to me is that these manmade, forced deformities were practiced in South America AND in countries on the other side of the oceans!
edit on 19/11/2011 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

holy crap, you got it all figured out don't you, .....
way ahead of the curve compared to the experts, huh?

why aren't you one of these people going there to examine it? The truth is, is that you don't know anything for sure, so lets wait for the people who get paid the big bucks for this to give the final answer. IMHO, I don't know what to make of these skulls, I'm totally on the fence about it, the real question is why did these beings, or humans want to shape their skulls this way? and if it was a deformity, then why would these people be revered as something more special than what they were? In the image of the gods perhaps?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Thank you all for your replies,and my question still,those skulls belong to Occupy Peru?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
If that is the skull of a true giant, then according to science he must have been dumb.
I read an article in Scientific American in summer about the relation between brain size and intelligence.

It turned out that the brain needs to be exactly our size (humans) for intelligence.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
If that is the skull of a true giant, then according to science he must have been dumb.
I read an article in Scientific American in summer about the relation between brain size and intelligence.

It turned out that the brain needs to be exactly our size (humans) for intelligence.
Not all the humans with big or small heads are dumb...The size doesn't matter just take a look at G.B.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I doubt a 20in body would be classified as a giant. I'm just saying...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

I doubt a 20in body would be classified as a giant. I'm just saying...
Hmmm I just saw another picture of the skulls and I realized how small they are. Is it possible they could be small children or babies? That would mean they couldn't have had the chance to ritually deform their skulls. And if they are just little men, well that has even larger implications.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I don't care what any of you say, those eye sockets are too big to be homosapien

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Looks like they've found Bart Simpson.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join