It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All I really needed to know I learned in Kindergarden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
All I really need to know about how to live and what to do and how to be I learned in kindergarten. Wisdom was not at the top of the graduate school mountain, but there in the sand pile at school.

These are the things I learned:

Share everything.
Play fair.
Don't hit people.
Put things back where you found them.
Clean up your own mess.
Don't take things that aren't yours.
Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.
Wash your hands before you eat.
Flush.
Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.
Take a nap every afternoon.
When you go out in the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together.
Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Styrofoam cup: the roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.
Goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup - they all die. So do we.
And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.

Everything you need to know is in there somewhere. The Golden Rule and love and basic sanitation. Ecology and politics and equality and sane living.

Take any one of those items and extrapolate it into sophisticated adult terms and apply it to your family life or your work or government or your world and it holds true and clear and firm. Think what a better world it would be if we all - the whole world - had cookies and milk at about 3 o'clock in the afternoon and then lay down with our blankies for a nap. Or if all governments had as a basic policy to always put things back where they found them and to clean up their own mess.

And it is still true, no matter how old you are, when you go out in the world, it is best to hold hands and stick together.

[Source: "ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW I LEARNED IN KINDERGARTEN" by Robert Fulghum]

This was taken from www.peace.ca... and I couldn't get the ex-text function to work right.

That said:

There needs to be no analysis with this and it's not up for debate. I'm gettting real tired of the bs!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I for one enjoyed it. There is alot of truth in what that had to say. It's amazing how we are schooled socially as young children, but then polluted as Adults by this plastic World. I guess that's reality, but it should not be. Great post my friend. Very positive, while tapping into the roots of our own experience. Well, most of us who have been fortunate enough to do so. ~SheopleNation
edit on 18-11-2011 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Umm no, while good points they also make you a good cog in the wheel.

The best part of life (educationally) is understanding where you come from. Delve into the history of this world, that which the public indoctrination centers don't touch or teach. You'll be amazed at how cruel or amazing the human being can be, and the great feats we are capable of achieving.

There is more to life than 'do unto others', 'share', and 'nap'....

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Every year past primary school is only a tool to seperate and oppress people.
All I learnt after year 6 was not to stand up to authority.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoungBloodNews

But does it need to be forced on people by the government? I think we are legally made to go to school for at least nine years to force people to learn to listen to ANY authority figures as a way of keeping people from doing what is natural human actions and speak against what they believe to be right.

Also, I think middle schools and high schools are so viscous because the elitists intentionally made them that way through the media, if you can tell teens whats cool and whats not and make them look down on people for being "uncool" then you can break someones unique individuality and make them think they can never be different from what the media and trend-setting television stations like MTV say they should be like. Coincidentally the media has labeled all the conspiracy theorists to be complete nuts.

You might say "the amount of academic curriculum involved in the mandatory 9 years of school is the perfect amount to prepare someone for adult life" but, i would have to disagree. Most people in their 30s, who didn't go to college, don't remember what they learned past 6th grade cause it gets too complicated to remember without constant use (e.g. day to day activities which normally don't include anything learned past 6th grade). Then there's the working aspect. You can go to school for 12 years and still only be able to get a job that has nothing to do with anything you learned in high school (9 outta 10 times).

I don't believe kindergarten is the only education the government should force upon people i think 6th grade is the perfect grade to stop preparing someone for adult life. Of course it could still go to 12th grade and then people would have access to even higher learning than that through college but it's my opinion that going to through school for so long is a way of the government programming us in some subliminal way. No proof it just makes sense, with the lack of proof of things like this sometimes you just gotta trust yourself.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp
Every year past primary school is only a tool to seperate and oppress people.
All I learnt after year 6 was not to stand up to authority.

Guess i coulda just said that huh?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoungBloodNewsThere is more to life than 'do unto others', 'share', and 'nap'....

Yeah, obviously. I think we have already tried it that way my friend. That was the OP's point I would guess. ~SheopleNation

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by douglas82391

I didn't read past your first sentence because that says it all. No, I would never trust my child (if/when I have one) to 'the state', and that includes kindergarten. We need to be tribal and raise our young to value the beliefs we have.

Interesting point I have yet to see posted here (and someone probably will after this):

Pelosi proclaims her goal to “do for childcare what we did for healthcare”

hotair.com...

Yeah, obviously. I think we have already tried it that way my friend. That was the OP's point I would guess. ~SheopleNation

No, the main stream education white-washes our history, do your own research and understand the truths the make mankind...

edit on 18-11-2011 by YoungBloodNews because: Truth

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
One thing that is not learned in school is how there was a huge fight against it. People that lived off the land were told that their children would be forced to go to school, and even with little or no formal education they knew that it was wrong, and people knew it was a form of indoctrination when corporal punishment was around, and still is in the U.S. If you didnt follow the rules, you were hit, by an authority figure, until you learned to "bee-have".

You learn their his-tory, not real history. Christopher Columbus discovered America! Really, is that really still taught in schools? You learn to be a "worker" bee, and nothing else. If your different your picked on, you are treated like an animal (the Povlove experiment) with the school bell.

Children are ripped away from their parents, so that they learn to be good little soldiers. I hope that more parents learn about the school system. You can start by reading, "Lies My Teacher Told Me".

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by douglas82391

Originally posted by YoungBloodNews

But does it need to be forced on people by the government? I think we are legally made to go to school for at least nine years to force people to learn to listen to ANY authority figures as a way of keeping people from doing what is natural human actions and speak against what they believe to be right.

Also, I think middle schools and high schools are so viscous because the elitists intentionally made them that way through the media, if you can tell teens whats cool and whats not and make them look down on people for being "uncool" then you can break someones unique individuality and make them think they can never be different from what the media and trend-setting television stations like MTV say they should be like. Coincidentally the media has labeled all the conspiracy theorists to be complete nuts.

You might say "the amount of academic curriculum involved in the mandatory 9 years of school is the perfect amount to prepare someone for adult life" but, i would have to disagree. Most people in their 30s, who didn't go to college, don't remember what they learned past 6th grade cause it gets too complicated to remember without constant use (e.g. day to day activities which normally don't include anything learned past 6th grade). Then there's the working aspect. You can go to school for 12 years and still only be able to get a job that has nothing to do with anything you learned in high school (9 outta 10 times).

I don't believe kindergarten is the only education the government should force upon people i think 6th grade is the perfect grade to stop preparing someone for adult life. Of course it could still go to 12th grade and then people would have access to even higher learning than that through college but it's my opinion that going to through school for so long is a way of the government programming us in some subliminal way. No proof it just makes sense, with the lack of proof of things like this sometimes you just gotta trust yourself.

I think the real problems come in at college level. In grade school and high school it is more about having social issues with other students but the curriculum is pretty basic learning stuff.

College to me is just:

Ii wish the professor would shut the # up and do what he is paid to do and that is to teach. I dont want your damn opinion on life, on politics, on religion. Dont give two #s about that really.

And i do agree with the OP as far as kindergarten.
edit on 18-11-2011 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
You guys are all pretty much in agreement, which is cool.

The term Kindergarten is actually German in origin and what a surprise...They are the most rigid regimen of people probably with the exception of the Japanese that you will come across and rigidity is almost the biggest factor of what made the Nazis so formidable during WWII.

But it wasn't my aim to go in that direction, though you are all on a very relevant path. My aim was about the simplicity of it and how it applies to the crazy times we find ourselves in. It also applies to our personal lives that we so easily muck up.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Yes, this one, Lies My Teacher Told Me is good. I didn't read the whole thing, but my teacher g/f got it after another teacher referred it to her and it's just jam-packed full of interesting thought points. Awesome. Btw I like the avatar. Where can I get one similar to it? or did you make it?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungBloodNews

Please educate me about what I am already aware of. Really, will you please? ~SheopleNation

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Yea, the government sucks and doesn't do stuff right.
Wonderful and light-hearted children's tale.

Originally posted by TheMatrixusesYou

That said:

There needs to be no analysis with this and it's not up for debate. I'm gettting real tired of the bs!

Uhh.. Wait, you actually believe everything you need to survive and thrive you learned in kindergarten...?
Well. You said don't do an analysis... Which basically means don't think deeply... And it's not up for debate...

So I'll just go ahead and skip the crap and say you're wrong.

Sorry if that makes you mad, but if you don't like people expressing what they think, don't post on ATS.

What you need today to survive is a way to make a sufficient amount of money.
What you needed in the past to survive was the ability to grow edible fauna, shepherd animals, built shelter, etc.

I don't mean to be this critical, but perhaps a better title would have been "Interesting Correlations Between What We Learn in Kindergarten and The Way We Live"
edit on 20-11-2011 by thegagefather because: sc

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
My, oh my..... It's getting hot in this kindergarten room. Some people aren't following the rules. Go stand in the corner! ((((while I get my ruler out to smack your fanny)))))

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You learned to be a dog? Did you learn to sit and roll over too? Sheeplegarden?

Originally posted by TheMatrixusesYou
All I really need to know about how to live and what to do and how to be I learned in kindergarten. Wisdom was not at the top of the graduate school mountain, but there in the sand pile at school.

These are the things I learned:

Share everything.
Play fair.
Don't hit people.
Put things back where you found them.
Clean up your own mess.
Don't take things that aren't yours.
Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.
Wash your hands before you eat.
Flush.
Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.
Take a nap every afternoon.
When you go out in the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together.
Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Styrofoam cup: the roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.
Goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup - they all die. So do we.
And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.

Everything you need to know is in there somewhere. The Golden Rule and love and basic sanitation. Ecology and politics and equality and sane living.

Take any one of those items and extrapolate it into sophisticated adult terms and apply it to your family life or your work or government or your world and it holds true and clear and firm. Think what a better world it would be if we all - the whole world - had cookies and milk at about 3 o'clock in the afternoon and then lay down with our blankies for a nap. Or if all governments had as a basic policy to always put things back where they found them and to clean up their own mess.

And it is still true, no matter how old you are, when you go out in the world, it is best to hold hands and stick together.

[Source: "ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW I LEARNED IN KINDERGARTEN" by Robert Fulghum]

This was taken from www.peace.ca... and I couldn't get the ex-text function to work right.

That said:

new topics

top topics

join