It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What sort of sicko did this to a defenceless animal :'(

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

This is not a Disney film... Punishment to fit the crime isn't your typical time out or dunce cap.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
They should be forgiven for their mistakes

lol jk off with their heads

So, would you be the one to chop off a child's head for this? Would you do it in front of their parents? How would you feel about the crimes of the child afterward? How would you feel about yourself afterward? What would you tell the parents when you put the axe down, and the child's head is at their feet?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I've got a great knock-knock joke for you...

Who's there? Interrupting Cow... Interrupting Cow wh... MOO!!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

Originally posted by spacekc929

I couldn't possibly like, let alone love, any person who is capable of committing a heinous act such as this. Not ever.

I don't even want to meet or know anyone like it either.

And that's the problem. It's all about you. You don't care about the dog, you don't care about the other people this kid might hurt. All you care about is your own security and righteous life. You don't care about the dog, you care about the fact that you want to assure yourself that you are "good" and that you would never associate with people who are "bad".

If you actually cared about preventing heinous acts, you would change your attitude towards people who commit heinous acts. The end.

I am an animal lover through and through, and anyone who knows me personally will tell you that I am active in reporting animal cruelty, to the point where perpetrators have been charged, convicted and banned from keeping animals for ten years. So that's what I do to help animals in distress, and the 'humans' (I use the term extremely loosely indeed) who committed these acts didn't get a heavy enough sentence in my opinion. They should be in jail.

I repeatedly petition my MP to push for heavy jail sentences to these sadistic hellhole people.

So, what is it that YOU do to help these wonderful cruel kids you seem to have so much empathy for?

Get out of here.

I am a mentor at a juvenile detention center. I work to help kids who have done bad things because I have faith that they can do better.

You know what those people who you put in jail think about you? They hate you. Do you know what they think about animals? The exact same thing that they thought before you put them in jail. Even when they get out, even with a ten year ban on cruelty to animals, their mindset about animals has not been reformed. The only thing that has been reformed is your self-righteous certainty that you have made a difference in the world. You haven't. Animals already got hurt by them, and will continue to get hurt by them, so in the end, they hate you, they will never listen to your good ideas about why animals deserve to be treated with kindness, and they will continue hurting animals. Who wins? You won, you get to feel good about yourself because you are such a champ for animals. How many animals did you save? none. You got revenge for the animals that already got hurt and ensured that the perpetrator will hate you and all animal rights activists for the rest of their lives, making them want to hurt animals more.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sine.nomine

A couple of blackcats up the nostrils might do the trick.

Hand 'em two tubes... Neosporin and superglue. That and a mirror. They're already familiar with duct tape, so it should be a cinch to figure out what to do next.

edit on 18-11-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

This is not a Disney film... Punishment to fit the crime isn't your typical time out or dunce cap.

I never said put the kid in time out for this crime... it was an example of a way that punishment can be arbitrary and non-effective in reforming a child's mindset.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

That's sad, beautiful German Shepard too.
poor thing.
RIP little fellow. No one will hurt you now.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

I never said put the kid in time out for this crime... it was an example of a way that punishment can be arbitrary and non-effective in reforming a child's mindset.

Use your time wisely, and come up with a fitting (perhaps preventative as a bonus) punishment.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
sick sadistic pig. the people that do this are sick and should be tortured and shot

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I am a HUGE animal lover. My Pug is my little buddy for life and so is my cat and they even love each other!

Now, this is a very sick thing to do. But killing or physically hurting the person will not bring the animal back to life or change these kids. I would make them work at an animal hospital or shelter after school until they turn 18 or until they really show they've changed. They'll have to live with what they did for the rest of their lives.

I know. I had to put down a very ill animal when I was younger because there was no other way at that time. Even though I was told it was the right thing to do, the moment still eats away at me. Especially when it looked to me for help. Life is too precious...no matter what!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I would say....Enjoy. seriously, this is a dog, but could have been a child

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

At the end of the day nothing of value would be lost

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Could've been Newt freakin' Gingrich, but it wasn't. Look, I love animals, too. I have three cats and a dog. I've worked in a juvenile correction facility, as well, doing data entry and counselling. Children need guidance. If it was an adult that did this, then yeah, punish them to the fullest extent. But you people are nuts. I don't even know what to say anymore, and it really doesn't matter. I just hope none of you crazy bastards have any children. Anyone who is advocating an eye for an eye and doesn't see the hypocracy of it just need to take a step back... I don't know, get a nap in or something.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

At the end of the day nothing of value would be lost

I was really looking forward to your answers to my questions. I can't say this route surprises me though. Oh well...

At this point, I wouldn't expect them to be serious anyway.
edit on 18-11-2011 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Alright, if I was in charge of the kid, this is what I would do.

1) First, I would explain to him in a conversation (not a lecture, for I know from experience that it's easy to tune out lectures) why what he did was wrong. I would assure him that he is not bad, but that he did a bad thing, and as such, he will be punished.
2) Intense grounding. No fun, of any kind, for six to eight months. No dessert, no toys, no fiction books, no hanging out with friends.
3) I would put him in therapy, with someone I knew and trusted, to help me understand if it was physiological, psychological, a one-off attention seeking thing, or what.
4) I would make him write a long, long essay, something in the realm of fifteen to twenty pages, about what he did wrong. I would "grade" it severely, and not let him do anything else but this until I was certain he truly felt bad about what he did. At this point, I would make it very clear that I have forgiven him, but that his punishment is not over.
5) I would find the people who owned the dog and send them the essay. I would then have him apologize in person and read his essay out loud to them, so that he realizes he has to face people he hurts. (if it was our dog, I would force him to bury it somewhere back at the beginning and at this stage, I would force him to read his essay out loud to the grave, as well as to me)
6) In all the free time this kid would have after not being allowed to do fun things, him and I would read books about dogs, about how they function, about what they are like. He would know everything there is to know about dogs by the time we're done. I would also have him read books about empathy and how to not cause others pain. I would intermittently check up by making him write more essays about the things he has learned or simply tell me what he has learned.
7) Him and I would do community service for an animal shelter after I am sufficiently certain that he would not hurt any of the animals. He would be forced to help them and learn to care for them. Failure to comply or insufficient empathy for their pain means longer grounding and more research, as well as more essays, as well as no privileges. Only after doing this for at least a month would I let him have his privileges back.

That's what I would do if it was my kid, or if I was somehow in charge of his punishment. the kid is like 10, he has plenty of room to grow and I wouldn't give up on him as hopeless so quickly. But this punishment sounds a lot more complex and time consuming for YOU than "castrate him and let him go", doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
stuff like this makes my blood boil, i dont know what to say,

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I couldn't possibly like, let alone love, any person who is capable of committing a heinous act such as this. Not ever.

And that's the problem. It's all about you. You don't care about the dog, you don't care about the other people this kid might hurt. All you care about is your own security and righteous life. You don't care about the dog, you care about the fact that you want to assure yourself that you are "good" and that you would never associate with people who are "bad".

If you actually cared about preventing heinous acts, you would change your attitude towards people who commit heinous acts. The end.

I am an animal lover through and through, and anyone who knows me personally will tell you that I am active in reporting animal cruelty, to the point where perpetrators have been charged, convicted and banned from keeping animals for ten years. So that's what I do to help animals in distress, and the 'humans' (I use the term extremely loosely indeed) who committed these acts didn't get a heavy enough sentence in my opinion. They should be in jail.

I repeatedly petition my MP to push for heavy jail sentences to these sadistic hellhole people.

So, what is it that YOU do to help these wonderful cruel kids you seem to have so much empathy for?

Get out of here.

I am a mentor at a juvenile detention center. I work to help kids who have done bad things because I have faith that they can do better.

You know what those people who you put in jail think about you? They hate you. Do you know what they think about animals? The exact same thing that they thought before you put them in jail. Even when they get out, even with a ten year ban on cruelty to animals, their mindset about animals has not been reformed. The only thing that has been reformed is your self-righteous certainty that you have made a difference in the world. You haven't. Animals already got hurt by them, and will continue to get hurt by them, so in the end, they hate you, they will never listen to your good ideas about why animals deserve to be treated with kindness, and they will continue hurting animals. Who wins? You won, you get to feel good about yourself because you are such a champ for animals. How many animals did you save? none. You got revenge for the animals that already got hurt and ensured that the perpetrator will hate you and all animal rights activists for the rest of their lives, making them want to hurt animals more.

I don't care if they hate me. I hate them too. How about that?

I will NEVER stop what I do, NEVER. Animals are living beings too. They cannot speak, they cannot tell us what is happening to them at the hands of cruel humans. Someone has to help innocent creatures. I cannot stand by and do nothing. These people KNOW what they do is sadistic and cruel, they LIE in court, they will try to put the blame on someone else, they try every trick in the book to escape justice for the wrong they know they have done. And they hang their heads in shame in court for what they have done. Yes I am a champ for animals, and I AM PROUD OF THAT.

What worries me is some of these people I have helped convict for animal cruelty have children, and I ask myself have their kids been witness to the cruelty their parent has committed, I don't know the answer. If they cannot treat an animal properly, what chance do their kids have?

You say I have saved no animals, I know I have, by preventing these criminals from owning another animal for years. I will do this and more if I can, for as long as I live.

You carry on saving the kids, and I'll save the animals.
edit on 18-11-2011 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
What the hell is wrong with people

Somebody would pay for that!!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Just put the individuals who committed this heinous act into a room with several hungry dogs and let them all work it out together.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sine.nomine

I hate to break it to ya, but chances are you do know people capable of this. Chances are you've loved someone who has done something similar. The thing is, most people grow out of torturing animals at a very young age and don't care to speak of it again.

The people I have known to do such things are either in jail where they belong or had some other type of court justice

And that makes me happy

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join