It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IAEA fails to refer Iran to Security Council - Israel poised to strike?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Well, surely that's it then....the diplomatic route has been exhausted. There was a very slim chance that if Iran was dragged before the Security Council they might get hit with further sanctions. However, they couldn't even get that far due to the IAEA having to appease the Russians and Chinese.......who would have vetoed any Security Council sanctions anyway. Seemed like a pointless exercise really.

Israel has been saying that the world must deal with Iran or they'll do it themselves. Well, it looks like they've got their answer.....the Security Council isn't involved. If that report wasn't enough to trigger more sanctions then nothing will. Israel is on its own. And by "on its own" I mean "with the full backing of the US"

The bunker-busters may be being loaded as we speak. Israel has already considered the Iranian response and feels it's more than acceptable...

In a radio interview about the military "option", Mr Barak acknowledged there would be Israeli casualties.

"There is no way to prevent some damage. It will not be pleasant," said the defence minister.

But, he added: "There is no scenario for 50,000 dead, or 5,000 killed and if everyone stays in their homes, maybe not even 500 dead."

Source: www.bbc.co.uk...

Any day now folks...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I was hoping that Russia and China could see their way to controlling this situation. It seems to be evidence for the claim that a war would weaken the US, Israel, and Iran so badly that there would be a power vacuum that China and Russsia could exploit.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Isnt there currently a no fly zone in effect detering a strike by anything other than missles i would think

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
www.bbc.co.uk...

Well, surely that's it then....the diplomatic route has been exhausted. There was a very slim chance that if Iran was dragged before the Security Council they might get hit with further sanctions. However, they couldn't even get that far due to the IAEA having to appease the Russians and Chinese.......who would have vetoed any Security Council sanctions anyway. Seemed like a pointless exercise really.

Israel has been saying that the world must deal with Iran or they'll do it themselves. Well, it looks like they've got their answer.....the Security Council isn't involved. If that report wasn't enough to trigger more sanctions then nothing will. Israel is on its own. And by "on its own" I mean "with the full backing of the US"

The bunker-busters may be being loaded as we speak. Israel has already considered the Iranian response and feels it's more than acceptable...

In a radio interview about the military "option", Mr Barak acknowledged there would be Israeli casualties.

"There is no way to prevent some damage. It will not be pleasant," said the defence minister.

But, he added: "There is no scenario for 50,000 dead, or 5,000 killed and if everyone stays in their homes, maybe not even 500 dead."

Source: www.bbc.co.uk...

Any day now folks...

Judging by the way Israel whooped the collective ass of the 5 arab nations assembled against them that came to destroy them in the 6 day war in '67, i really do not think they are worried about much of anything. There's a reason they are called God's chosen people, and Iran is about to find out why.

I seriously doubt Iran has any nukes though, if they had they woulda used them by now the way Ahmadinejad has been calling "Death to Israel" over the last few weeks in rallies.

Not saying i condone any of this but be honest to yourselves. This has always been a war of religion. Religion is intermingled in every nations government in the middleast and there are always ulterior religious motives behind these acts. Best thing you can do is find a nice corner of the world where there aren't very many people and keep your heads down.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Nah....looks like the US just said tonight that they will be issuing sanctions on Monday. Will this be anough for Israel is the question.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I respectfully disagree that there are religious motives in this situation. I do not think religion has anything to do with this israel/ Iran mess. I think this is about people who want to control other people and they use religion as a excuse to engage in acts that a truly religious person would never engage in.

If these great leaders were truly religious they would seek peace with each other, not threaten to kill each other.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
More BS from Israel that will cause death and suffering in many other countries, and for what?

If the Pro Israelis think that many hate Israel or Jews then you ain't seen nothing yet..

ANOTHER pre emptive strike by Israel with little substance may just be the straw that broke the camel's back IMO..

They will reap what they sow.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ipleadthe5th

Forgive me, I don't understand. When you said "More BS from Israel," what did that have to do with Russia and China watering down the sanctions proposed for Iran?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mijamija

I respectfully disagree that there are religious motives in this situation. I do not think religion has anything to do with this israel/ Iran mess. I think this is about people who want to control other people and they use religion as a excuse to engage in acts that a truly religious person would never engage in.

If these great leaders were truly religious they would seek peace with each other, not threaten to kill each other.

Right, seek peace with eachother would be exactly what Christ would want but guess what? Neither of these countries follows his will so it is not going to happen.

Religion is imbedded in every aspect of the respective countries governments, saying it is not is sticking your head in the sand and denying what is right in front of your face. You have superstitious religious fanatics running the highest seats of these countries governments and Ahmadinejad has already stated he wishes to bring on the Mahdi (their version of the messiah) and how do you force the return of the messiah? By having a war so huge that almost all human life on earth gets wiped out and what weapon accomplishes this in an incredibly fast amount of time? Nuclear bombs/missles.

Now you know why Israel has a boner for Iran. It has nothing to do with the fact that Iran has nukes at all (or even the capability), but that they want to force the return of their messiah and destroy almost everyone on the planet including Israel to accomplish this goal. There are other muslim nations that have nukes but they haven't been openly saying anything about bringing the Mahdi which is why Israel hasn't been paying them any attention.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

Guess what? Good News! (At least for some time)

Israel was counting on more support, and talking a bit (too much?) in the meantime.

US is too occuppied with other matters at this time.

I predict: no strike anytime soon.....

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Forgive me, I don't understand. When you said "More BS from Israel," what did that have to do with Russia and China watering down the sanctions proposed for Iran?

The US said they were happy with the sanctions..
What don't you understand about my post?
You seem to not understand a lot in threads.
Maybe you should go somewhere a little "easier' on your abilities..

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The fact that Defence Minister Barak is already openly discussing possible future casualities in the case of an attack on Iran already clearly indicates that there must be serious posturing by the Hawks within the Knesset and Israeli Cabinet and that the momentum of the Hawks is increasing. The Likud government tends to be plagued by anti-diplomacy, affirmative action, activist Hawk types. Its a seem to see that another aviodable and un-justified Middle East conflict is about to come to full frutution.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BurningSpearess
reply to post by Curio

Guess what? Good News! (At least for some time)

Israel was counting on more support, and talking a bit (too much?) in the meantime.

US is too occuppied with other matters at this time.

I predict: no strike anytime soon.....

Don't bet on that, you won't win. Israel has a history of making pre-emptive strikes. They have been doing it for thousands of years and it is ingrained in their DNA and the evidence for this is all throughout the bible which is the history of the Israelites insofar as the Old Testament is concerned.

Smaller country with a smaller army, but little dogs have a mean bite and can more often than not dominate larger dogs. It would be like a chihuaua dominating a german shepherd and ive seen that happen.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
Isnt there currently a no fly zone in effect detering a strike by anything other than missles i would think

The no-fly zone over Iraq expired on the 8th and the fastest way to Iran from Israel is through Iraq.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Israel has a history of making pre-emptive strikes. They have been doing it for thousands of years and it is ingrained in their DNA and the evidence for this is all throughout the bible which is the history of the Israelites insofar as the Old Testament is concerned.

Israel was only founded in 1948..
Or are you saying Israel is ALL Jews??
I certainly hope not..
Many Jews are anti Israel and for good reason..

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

You're absolutely right that I have limited abilities. And limited knowledge. On ATS I was hoping to find people with much more knowledge than I have so that I can learn. What good is it to be the smartest fellow in the room? Unless, of course, you're teaching others.

Anyway, what I was asking was what is coming from Israel? Not the IAEA report, nor Russia's or China's diplomatic position on the issue. What then? The US willingness to make things easier on Iran is from Israel? What in the OP's article indicated that anything was coming from Israel and, if there was, why is it BS?

Oh, where would you suggest I go to help improve my knowledge and understanding? (That's known in entertainment circles as a "straight line.") But an answer would be appreciated.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

What in the OP's article indicated that anything was coming from Israel and, if there was, why is it BS?

From the thread "title"..

Israel poised to strike?

What do you think may be coming from Israel?
I'll give you a hint..
They go "boom" and usually kill innocent civilians..

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipleadthe5th

Israel has a history of making pre-emptive strikes. They have been doing it for thousands of years and it is ingrained in their DNA and the evidence for this is all throughout the bible which is the history of the Israelites insofar as the Old Testament is concerned.

Israel was only founded in 1948..
Or are you saying Israel is ALL Jews??
I certainly hope not..
Many Jews are anti Israel and for good reason..

Um, you don't know the history of Israel? Israel disappeared in 70 A.D. in their failed revolution against the Roman Empire and the roman general Titus destroyed Jerusalem and nearly 1.5 million jews were killed and 100k taken as slaves back to europe, only a few survived which the decendants became the sephardim jews today. Caesar Hadrian had the temple mount ploughed under and all traces of the city were gone and then he renamed the region Palestina as an insult to a conquered and destroyed peoples. Israel had been a nation from circa 1700 B.C. until 70 A.D., They returned in 1948 to retake their ancestral homeland after being spread across the earth for nearly 2000 years.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Another reader of fiction??

Have any facts with that ??

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipleadthe5th

Another reader of fiction??

Have any facts with that ??

Can you take your anti-Israel attitude out of my thread, please? Everybody knows that all sides are as bad as each other - everybody is out for themselves. Such is life. The whole region (the whole world even...) needs its collective heads banging together sometimes. Your attitude is part of the problem, not part of the solution.
edit on 18-11-2011 by Curio because: Spelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join