It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Huff post article laying out how Ron Paul can win the general election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Very good read, and a bit of encouragement for those of us working so hard to get Ron Paul elected.

There is a man who's working on Obama's campaign right now -- just as he did in 2007 and '08 -- who will be voting for Ron Paul in the general election if he's on the ballot. I know because we have a mutual friend who told me about a conversation she had with him.

That's one hell of a political cross-over.

And there's plenty more where that came from.

This week, pundits have been abuzz with the fact that the latest poll in Iowa puts Paul, Romney, Cain and Gingrich in a statistical dead heat to win the GOP primary in a couple of months.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

The numbers don't lie.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
The numbers don't lie.

The numbers have never been the problem... the lying by other media outlets has!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Well, at least we have a few in the media who are on the right side...with a big grass roots effort, along with the good media, we can do this.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Good catch.

I find it both humorous and disgusting that the other candidates keep ripping off his more 'mainstream palatable' ideas.

They don't "get it" of course, but they see and hear the applause and attention Ron Paul gets and have no compunction being mealy-mouthed liars.

I think it's backfiring though. As more folk realize the talking-head candidates are not only empty shells, but that they are willing to parrot Dr. Paul in certain areas, I think some of the implications are breaking through and making sense to more mainstream folk.

I hope so. We need a real man in charge. Been waaay too long without one.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I would say there are many cross overs. I am one of them. I had to register Rep. in order to vote in the primary and I have been campaigning for Ron Paul.Personally I believe Obama has been the final straw for lies and deception in the political world. People put their hopes that he would help get the US back on track and has done the complete opposite. Any one who has been keeping up with what is going on has to face the fact that we were all used and now being abused.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

I'm also a cross over. I'm an Independent who voted for Obama, and took his promises to the bank. Of course my check bounced like yours did. I didn't know anything about Ron Paul other than the few signs I would see here and there in 07-08, probably because I was quite done with Republicans after Bush and wasn't paying any attention to their primaries. I also switched over to Republican for this one, even though Independents can vote in the primaries here in AZ, I don't want to take any chances of some last minute dirty trick by the GOP establishment. Starting to do some on the ground campaigning next week with my local meet-up group, I've never been politically active before, but this is too important.
edit on 18-11-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I saw this article as well. Very encouraging to know we would have an 8% advantage beating Obama over other candidates. It would be political suicide for the nomination to go to anyone but Paul. I think the establishment themselves are beginning to see this.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Great post OP F&S.

I have never been politically active. In fact, I abhor politics, but I have been pulled (kicking and screaming) into political activism by the only honest person I have ever seen in the political arena, Dr. Ron Paul.

I am a veteran and a patriot, and I have watched in despair as the country that I love has fallen into lawlessness and tyranny. I see only one hope left that perhaps we can turn this around and return the United States of America to a country that we can be proud of.

We must return to the principles that this country was founded upon, those principles embodied in the Constitution of the United States. Although there are other Presidential candidates who pay lip service to the Constitution there is only one who has proven, by his voting record, that he truly believes in and supports the law of the land.

I have volunteered as a delegate in my home state, and have my yard signs up already.

If you believe in what this country was founded upon, if you want to be proud of your country again, if you want to see equality in the way people are treated, then you must vote for Ron Paul.

With enough popular support, and enough people letting their representatives know to do their jobs properly, Dr. Paul can fulfill his campaign promises, but remember, we must support him after he is elected as well. It is the only way he can accomplish his good works.

We must hold all elected officials accountable for their decisions. If they are not doing what we pay them for, then we must let them know and force them to do it.
edit on 19-11-2011 by gamesmaster63 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
I think the establishment themselves are beginning to see this.

I've been thinking the same. Paul is obviously their last choice but they're realizing he's the only one who hasn't made a fool of himself, has a pretty spotless political career, is winning over hearts and minds every day and would hold his own if not destroy Obama in any one on one debate.

But this also concerns me. If he has the full backing of the GOP and becomes President, they will certainly try to assimilate him into the program. We all know Dr. Paul well enough to understand he won't have any of that. But then what?

I feel this is going to be a long tough battle for him even if he does get elected. I just hope and pray they don't try to off him.

Am I being too paranoid?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

It's funny you say that; I said the exact same thing to my wife today. Ron is his own man and that is a very dangerous thing to be in Washington. I hope he either has or gets some secret service protection very soon, cause the powers that be will not sit by and watch all they have created fall down like legos. I was fooled by Obama too, but I can admit my mistakes.

Ron Paul 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
This is why Ron Paul will win Iowa:

www.youtube.com...

As he wins Iowa, Mitt Romney will panic, and others will start to drop out of the race.

new topics

top topics

join