It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light Created from a Vacuum

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Does this imply the existing of something like "sub-space" (i.e. an underlying structure to the fabric of the universe) that can be manipulated?

No. These particles either exist or they don't, there is no "sub-space" where they hide when they're not appearing in real space. In fact, in general, these particles don't exist at all. It's Heisenberg Uncertainty that says that it's possible for tiny bits of energy (actually, small quantum fluctuations) to spontaneously appear for extremely short periods of time.

It's like hanging a bed sheet on a clothesline. The wind causes essentially random ripples to appear in the sheet. This is similar to the way Heisenberg Uncertainty causes random ripples to appear in the quantum wave function of the vacuum.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Meanwhile, or is it meanwhere?
Scientists in another dimension are puzzled at the disappearing act of real Photons in their anti-vacuum chamber.

"We just don't know" said one scientist. These photons have been stable for long periods of time...lately, they been
going "virtual on us" every now and again. Gone, and then back again, without losing their place in the anti-vauum. As if they are behind a curtain..

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

Does this imply the existing of something like "sub-space" (i.e. an underlying structure to the fabric of the universe) that can be manipulated?

No. These particles either exist or they don't, there is no "sub-space" where they hide when they're not appearing in real space. In fact, in general, these particles don't exist at all. It's Heisenberg Uncertainty that says that it's possible for tiny bits of energy (actually, small quantum fluctuations) to spontaneously appear for extremely short periods of time.

It's like hanging a bed sheet on a clothesline. The wind causes essentially random ripples to appear in the sheet. This is similar to the way Heisenberg Uncertainty causes random ripples to appear in the quantum wave function of the vacuum.

One could say that a hamburger doesn't exist until it is made... But then I understand your analogy as well.. similar to how I explain electricity and tsunamis to people.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Your title is incorrect. It should be light created from *the* vacuum. This has nothing to do with sucking the air out of something. It refers to the space-time vacuum, sometimes called the Dirac Sea.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Ok, so while I have heard of this theory before, I have never delved into it to any great extent. Does this imply the existing of something like "sub-space" (i.e. an underlying structure to the fabric of the universe) that can be manipulated?

My mind is spinning with ideas on it, but none of them are valid until I have better understanding. Guess I should try to dig into some reading material.

I love it when experimental physicists take a theory (virtual) into technology (physical)

This will be a completely inadequate analogy, but might go some way to help. Imagine a pool full of water. But there are waves sloshing back and forth on its surface. Sometimes waves coincide in such a way that small droplets of water break free of the pool and rise into the air for a fraction of a second, then fall back down into the pool again. These are like the virtual particles. They exist only fleetingly.

What this new experiment does is to give those droplets a little extra push so that they break completely away from the pool and remain separated from the pool.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
I mean, the idea that the universe "created itself".. I can't grasp it.

Kinda like this....

put a whole bunch of oxygen and hydrogen atoms into a big jar... mix in just a very tiny amount of energy and you have a big bang... and lo and behold... there is water....

Simplified I know... but surely you get the drift?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
this sounds really very very cool, and a link to dark matter and or dark energy would prove extremly useful.

awesome find! S+F

Link to Dark Matter...

"Dark matter may be an illusion caused by the quantum vacuum"

Dark Matter has already been posited to be related to the quantum vacuum... although this seems a step further in my opinion. Perhaps the "unknown mass", is really countless brief virtual particles taken into account as an aggregate? Perhaps there are places where they are less brief and condensed or prolonged... or at least a regular enough occurrence. Just because we don't know how what when and where quantum and multiverse physics come into play, does not mean they don't.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
I mean, the idea that the universe "created itself".. I can't grasp it.

put a whole bunch of oxygen and hydrogen atoms into a big jar... mix in just a very tiny amount of energy and you have a big bang... and lo and behold... there is water....

How can something create itself. That's nonsense. The existence of something cannot be contingent on itself. If it had to wait for itself to exist before it could exist, it would never exist.

Either something's existence is contingent upon a cause outside itself, or it had no beginning.
edit on 18-11-2011 by XtraTL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by XtraTL
How can something create itself. That's nonsense. The existence of something cannot be contingent on itself. If it had to wait for itself to exist before it could exist, it would never exist.

HEY don't shoot the messenger
It's not my theory

Stephen Hawking says universe not created by God
• Physics, not creator, made Big Bang,

"Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing," he writes. "Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist.

"It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going."

In the forthcoming book, published on 9 September, Hawking says that M-theory, a form of string theory, will achieve this goal: "M-theory is the unified theory Einstein was hoping to find," he theorises.

"The fact that we human beings – who are ourselves mere collections of fundamental particles of nature – have been able to come this close to an understanding of the laws governing us and our universe is a great triumph."

www.guardian.co.uk...

"Spontaneous creation"

I Like it

edit on 18-11-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
One liner: Yes. Enough said

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yeah, that wasn't aimed at you, but the idiotic claim itself.

It's the ultimate triumph of science really. Science began by adopting empiricism and methodological naturalism, i.e. conducting experiments under the assumption that the reason for something lies in nature itself. It was incredibly successful. Fairly soon, people adopted philosophical naturalism, namely the belief that no other causes are necessary.

The problem is, the origins of nature itself must by definition lie outside of nature. Science cannot and does not attempt to explain why there is a natural order to begin with.

And so it is with Hawking. He ignores the actual beginning and talks about what happened *after* the beginning. After all, science can only talk about what is already in nature. Thus it has nothing to say about the origin of nature itself.

Hawking effectively says that given a pile of exquisitely tuned constants, given that inflation happens, given that you have a large quantity of vacuum energy lying around, etc, etc, then given that there is a law of gravity, the end result will be some kind of cosmos.

Too bad that scientists who have adopted philosophical naturalism are unable to say anything at all about the origin itself. All they can tell you for sure is that there was one.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I've been losing some weight recently, at least I feel lighter.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Not a professional scientist but... is a vauum defined as an abcence of "light" matter? If so, it could contain dark matter and therefore transmuting dark matter to a "light" matter light particle is changing something rather than creating it from nothing?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
In the Kybalion says over and over again that science is only now proving what was known since the acients.

I believe information like this is only be revieled when tptb believe we are "ready" for it. Such as the neutron that was found to be faster then light (only by fractions). This experiment has not been repeated in a natural enviroment yet, though. It is as you stated "virtual." Don't be wowed by the news instead ask yourself can it be repeated outside of HC.

I think this type of thing is also, in part, the belief of the illuminati. This whole struggle between knowledge and truth. The illuminati embedding symbolism throughout media and making the decision when we are ready. This is the essential battle between those who know and those who don't. Who is to make the decision wether we are "ready" or not. I believe you can't make that decision until you try and in part the difficulty is not just the weight of the student, but also bears on the teacher.

From the Kybalion:

There are thosewho have criticized this attitude of the Hermitists, and who have claimed that they did not manifest the proper spirit in their policy of seclusion and retitcence. But a moments glance back at the pages of history will show the wisdom of the Masters, who knew the folly of attempting to teach to the world that which it was neither ready or willing to recieve the message. The Hermetitist have never sought to be martyrs, and have, instead, sat silently aside with pitying smiles on their closed lips, while the "heathen raged noisly about them" in their customary amusement of putting to death and torture the misguided enthusiasts who imagined that they could force upon a race of barbarians the truth capable of being understood only by the elect who had advanced along the Path.

"capable of being understood only by the elect who had advanced along the Path." Those of us who have theorized this, but don't have the tools outside of our minds to measure this, have known about this. It has been discussed...

But tptb want to keep the masses dumb.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

If it happened in this universe then it did not happen in a vacuum. There is no such thing as a vacuum. There will always be "space" within any vacuum and there will always be physical laws applies to that space/time. There will always be enegry vibrating in and out of various states within any so called vacuum in this universe. Things like matter, energy, mass etc are to a large extent purely perceptual. You can perceive such things even in dreams so how real or unreal can they be?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Sounds like bubbles in beer. You don't see a rush of bubbles until you open the beer. And maybe these particles have a switch to turn them off and become empty space.
try and figure out who said this:

"But has certain important physical properties and therefore demands our attention."
edit on 18-11-2011 by UFOOWNER because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalThought

To the illuminati "the people are ready" means "dinner is served."

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOOWNER

Interesting.
Quantum fizz. Relax the "ether" and the bubbles appear.
Then, there is Light beer. More bubbles?
And could there be Light space..with less ether.
Whatever ether is.....I assume is the space/time structure that we haven't a real clue about..

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Where does all of the energy firing the neurons in your brain come from, and where does it go when you die?

Is that lite or Light beer your're thinking about?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jcord

I believe that is the idea being feed. The real disclosure such as Light created in a vacuum, faster then light, ET and so on is not something the illuminati want to "feed" us. They feed us distraction from the truth, such as this which has been known for some years as shown in the video I posted.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join