It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 7/11 Expeirence Just Now - $3 Cigs - Killer luck for 2 weeks straight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I put this in "skunk works" on purpose because this was just weird and doesn't really have any real implications about anything.

So, I just got back from buying cigarettes at 7/11.

I asked for my pack of choice. The guy (a young dude, about 20ish) asked if I had my ID, I said yup.

I then also asked for a mini bic lighter.

He looked at my ID, and because it was when I was younger and had long hair on my ID pic he looked at it funny. I was like "yup I shaved my head since then" and he said "yeah I can tell"

He rang me up and told me the total was $3.60

I looked at the cigarettes and lighter and gave him a weird look, but I just handed him my $20 assuming I heard him wrong.

He gave me my change, all $16.40 of it.

I gave him another weird look, and looked down at my cigs and lighter. He told me to have a good day.

So, I left, feeling weird because I'm usually the guy to correct the cashier when I get wrong change. But this just confused me. A lighter costs less than $3.60 and cigs obviously cost more. The fact that we briefly discussed my ID and I gave him the funny looks kinda made me feel like he was just hooking up a random guy. IDK, still not sure if I should feel like a bad person for that lol.

Weird stuff has been happening to me lately, I have been getting the best of luck. If this continues I am really going to loose my mind (for those who don't think I already lost it
). I am not even gonna go into the weird day I had on 11/12/11, that just freaked me out. Anyone else having strange really good luck, or bad luck, lately?

edit on 18-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I had a guy give me 40 bucks this morning while I was walking to the car to take my wife to work, he called me over and said I'll give you 20 bucks if you go to the store and buy me a 6 pack and two packs of smokes. I'd be dumb not to not great luck but weird though

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

Um....
how old was he?

You may have provided for a minor.
lol

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
I had a guy give me 40 bucks this morning while I was walking to the car to take my wife to work, he called me over and said I'll give you 20 bucks if you go to the store and buy me a 6 pack and two packs of smokes. I'd be dumb not to not great luck but weird though

He said he would give you $20 and you asked for $40? lol

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The bank gave me an extra $20 the other day.

I only found out after I was driving away, I like to think that usually I would go back and reimburse them, I didn't. I feel bad for it, but strangely justified.
edit on 20-11-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join