It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens 15 - Aliens, Gods And Heroes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Its been a few weeks now since the last episode of Ancient Aliens but they are finally back with a new episode Aliens, Gods And Heroes. A few a of their last episodes have really gone off track but this seems like this one has gone back to basics dealing with ancient Gods and mans desire to become God like himself.

Entertaining and controversial as ever...as ancient alien theorists believe.

edit on 18-11-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Ever notice how many of the theories "as ancient astronaut theorists believe" contradict the other things these theorists also believe??

In one show they will say they believe ancient astronauts did this...
then the next episode the same ancient astronaut theorists believe something completely contradictory to what they claimed to believe in the previous week.

These ancient astronaut theorists are looking to be a fickle bunch.

btw: I tried to use the phrase ancient astronaut theorists/theory as much in this post as they do in the same amount of script from the show.

edit on 11/18/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I think the show is more about presenting a variety of theories that all fall under the same general category. That is, the change in view isn't to suggest that ALL ancient alien theorists believe both X and Y, rather it is presenting both X and Y as possibilities where some theorists believe X and others believe Y.

Regarding this episode... it was pretty good, better than a few this season, but was also largely a rehash of old topics. I'm really wondering how much new material they will be able to come up with.
edit on 11/18/2011 by xenthuin because: Added comment regarding episode

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I think the show and most of the guests on it present everything as a "what if" instead of presenting all of these theories as fact, which I really like. I know that they all believe that aliens have been involved with mankind in the past, but I get the feeling that they don't have strong opinions on many of the particular details.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy
I think the show and most of the guests on it present everything as a "what if" instead of presenting all of these theories as fact, which I really like. I know that they all believe that aliens have been involved with mankind in the past, but I get the feeling that they don't have strong opinions on many of the particular details.
What if, as ancient astronaut theorists believe, ancient astronaut theorists strongly believe in their what ifs???

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I like the series, but that Greek guy with too much instant tan and hairspray always irritates me for some reason. Who is he, anyway?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Equidae

Giorgio Tsoukalos

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Thanks for the info!

No wonder the Mayans died out. That much hairspray can't be good for your brain.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xenthuin

Great sense of humor you have there,huh?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Good judgement of character based on knowing nearly nothing about me... just like some of the "experts" on Ancient Aliens jumping to conclusions so quickly (irony). And good job staying on topic (sarcasm, self-deprecating since I'm doing the same thing).

And as some ancient astronaut theorists suggest, emoticons suck!!
(self deprecating imitation).

I did, actually, find your post humorous and I'm telling you since you are in apparent need of attention (mild insult based humor).

ANYWAY, my point just was that I enjoy the show because of the various viewpoints presented and I don't expect all the viewpoints presented to necessarily be consistent with one another. I meant no disrespect to you in my original reply and the above is all in jest.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Its been a few weeks now since the last episode of Ancient Aliens but they are finally back with a new episode Aliens, Gods And Heroes. A few a of their last episodes have really gone off track but this seems like this one has gone back to basics dealing with ancient Gods and mans desire to become God like himself.

26:00mins

"Our Ancestors SAW SOMETHING! Cuz... why would you HURL yourself.. from a hundred foot POLE. Out of Nothing! To imitate a BIRD?! BIRDS ARE NOT THAT IMPORTANT! Something very Significant HAppened."

30:00mins

"We've got these flying Guyz, that have these WINGS attached... TO THEIR BACKS! and they HURL themselves out of PLANES. and some even have ROCKET ENGINES attached to them. and so they essentially themselves BECOME... AIRPLANES!"

Hahahahahahaha. I love Giorgio.

edit on 21-11-2011 by Abarat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I think we should start a Hairspray-O-Meter to help rate the Ancient Aliens episodes.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenthuin
ANYWAY, my point just was that I enjoy the show because of the various viewpoints presented and I don't expect all the viewpoints presented to necessarily be consistent with one another.

Strange, I find its all just about one viewpoint and its very consistent - aliens are behind every fantasy made up by man, ever.
edit on 21-11-2011 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abarat

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

26:00mins

"Our Ancestors SAW SOMETHING! Cuz... why would you HURL yourself.. from a hundred foot POLE. Out of Nothing! To imitate a BIRD?! BIRDS ARE NOT THAT IMPORTANT! Something very Significant HAppened."

30:00mins

"We've got these flying Guyz, that have these WINGS attached... TO THEIR BACKS! and they HURL themselves out of PLANES. and some even have ROCKET ENGINES attached to them. and so they essentially themselves BECOME... AIRPLANES!"

Hahahahahahaha. I love Giorgio.

Obviously Giorgio has never been to Alabama during turkey, dove, and duck season.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by merka

Sure, in that regard I agree. But the details can be contradictory. For example, some believe that mankind was genetically created based on alien physiology, others that mankind was genetically modified from species already on earth, others that we are the aliens and have forgotten our past. Some believe the pyramids and other megalithic structures had to be created by aliens, others think they were built by man to appease the aliens or in servitude to alien beings.

By the way, I don't actually believe in anything on the show... Yet I still enjoy the show. I just put it all in the same bin as religions. All are possibilities, and I'll never know which, if any, are the actual truth.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Ever notice how many of the theories "as ancient astronaut theorists believe" contradict the other things these theorists also believe??

In one show they will say they believe ancient astronauts did this...
then the next episode the same ancient astronaut theorists believe something completely contradictory to what they claimed to believe in the previous week.

These ancient astronaut theorists are looking to be a fickle bunch.

btw: I tried to use the phrase ancient astronaut theorists/theory as much in this post as they do in the same amount of script from the show.

edit on 11/18/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

It had occurred to me that it would be the perfect basis for a drinking game. Lately they have been swapping out the word "believe" with a few other words of similar meaning. It's now "As ancient astronaut theorists ___", and apparently they "____" just about anything and everything._

top topics

join