It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS opinion from a Brit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

All of this whining about how bad it is here and we are all slaves. It's pathetic. We have one of the highest standards of living in the world, and we still complain about how crappy everything is.

Of course, what do I know? I've obviously been brainwashed by TPTB.

Hi GeorgiaGirl,
I don't really agree with OWS's tactics, lack of trajectory, or collective de-centralized disorganized lack of leadership. I also don't agree with their logistics, strategic planning, or . I also do not agree with their unsalubrious work/living conditions.

But...

You mention "all this whining about how bad it is here and we are ll slaves. It's pathetic."
Consider the following facts:

FACT 1 ► Every American's (man, woman, and CHILD's) fair share of the national debt is nearing $50,000.

FACT 2 ► There is not enough money in circulation for each & every person to pay off their fair share of the debt.

FACT 3 ► It is illegal for me to make/print my own money at my house.

So the legal options left are .... ??? ಥ_ಥ

GeorgiaGirl,
Do you know the specific number of laws that exist in America? How many laws would I have to comply with and conform to in order to be a "law abiding" citizen in the land of the free? Do you know what all these laws are word for word, and what they all mean when held in context with eachother simultaneously?

Are the existing laws each and every citizen of the U.S. must comply and conform to required learning in schools? Because, I know ignorance of the law is not an excuse in a court of law.

Brainwashed? Consider the product of the public school system in America and it's results/facts:
FACT 1 ► The national average IQ in American is 98.
FACT 2 ► Legally impaired (aka legally retarded) is an IQ of 70 or less.
FACT 3 ► The genius range IQ is 140 and above.

70 or 140. Which one is 98 a lot closer to? ಥ_ಥ

It's hard for Americans to make informed decisions when Americans are not informed.
And, yes, Americans are brainwashed. Ever watch Fox News get away with broadcasting lies?

OWS movement is justified. It's just legally there is next to nothing they can do.
These are some of my thoughts on this particular issue.

If you read all that, thanks for your time GeorgiaGirl. Have a good weekend. - ILikeStars

edit on 18-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by godofme

As a brit as well. I am ashamed of you.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I was raised by parents who were taught getting under their desks at school would save them from a nuclear explosion.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by godofme

I've been trying to volunteer for months. Nobody will even call me back. The one place I did get a call back from said I had to go through a training program that only occurs twice a year, before I could apply.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by godofme

The riots in the UK, were about a black guy getting shot by the police. He was unarmed... As you will discover when the report is finally released, in the papers tomorrow. (Just heard that on talk sport listening to George Galloway)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I cant stand these Anti- OWS threads!! Mayn!!

You said be gratefull we're not African and starving..yes?? and yet theres enough money, food and resourses for everyone..yes? Hell!! we even have FREE ENERGY AND CURES FOR DISEASES that are being surpressed...yes?????

WAKE THE FEKK UP. PLEASE.

Me and my boyfriend actually nearly split up over this the other day. I showed him some police brutality footage. (Plenty of that btw) and he said, "Dont protest and you wont get hurt" "whats the point of protesting?!" "Everyone else wants a peacefull life, leave the establishment to it".

Anyone with half a brain can see why we got frustrated with each other. Seriously. the best people have got is : Do as your told and think no more.

What a joke. Thank these protesters for doing what we all should. If there was a protest near me, i'd be there, doing all the hard work for you slackers.

Fix up!! Thats all i got to say.

Thank you.

P.S: In regards to the UK riots, it intially started in london over a police shooting. The rest was escalated and created by the police. I was in Birmingham town centre when they started kettling innocent black people telling them there was a riot. There wasnt a riot untill they made one :| all to enforce new laws as per.....
edit on 18-11-2011 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

The article did state that the Index was based on equality across households.....you forgot to post that part I think...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by godofme

In otherwords, bow down to our Bankster Monarchy just like you guys have always done? Not that I don't respect you, because I do and my blood runs the same as most of yours over there. Other than the mass immigration that has dominated you just as it has ourselves, we choose to not lay down and be enslaved. I hope that you guys will do the same one day, because it is just as out of control in your Nation, as it is in ours.

One day though, The people of the world are gonna understand that about us Americans. When they come for our guns, it will be an all out resistance Nationwide, which very well could end with a Military coup. Let them try. We are not gonna have it. It's really that simple. ~SheopleNation

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I knew this would be an asinine thread when I seen the word "Brit" in the title...

I have yet to see a thread on here with intelligence from one of them.

Just another garbage thread from another ignorant Brit clown.

edit on 18-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by godofme

I - English Not British - presume you have already read the enclosed ???? and in that case you will see a few points worth considering. Pur Grandchildren have literally 'NO Future'. But who am to say that ???
Should leave everything in your promising hands eh ???

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by godofme
I'm not really for this occupy wall street nonsense, first of all do you guys know how much it's costing the tax payer to just police this "occupation"??

What are you trying to achieve? Do you think the US government are going to say, "Ok guys we don't need money anymore, lets fire all the bankers, destroy the economy and start all over again"??

That's madness.

First of all, you live in the UK so you might not get all of the information that we do.

Second, you probably had no idea that J.P. Morgan Chase (elite banker) donated $4.6 million USD to the NYPD. So you don't have to worry much about "tax payer" money.

Third, they are trying to achieve change. As some of us like to say, "Wall Street is Washington and Washington is Wall Street". Too much government in corporate matters. Which relates to fascism.

Fourth, no the government won't "fire the bankers" because the bankers own the government. The Federal Reserve Bank in the U.S. owns everything. AmeriCo is $15,000,000,000,000+ in debt (or so they say). We just simply print more money when we run out. How does that make sense?

Finally, you have to realize that no country wants to default but who wants to do something they don't want to? Sometimes you HAVE to do it. Many countries have to hit rock bottom. We have spent too much money we never had. Now we have to pay for it. If we keep printing more money, we just prolong the problem and make the entire situation that much harder to deal with.

People need to understand economics and realize that the whole world is going bankrupt but people are too busy watching their TV shows and partying. OWS is trying to open up peoples minds to the fact that there is something very wrong going on in the world. The main stream media in the US lies over and over again about what's really going on over there. In conclusion, people were expecting "change". The same change that Obama spoke in his inauguration speech when he was elected. 3 years later, we only find out that Obama has broken every promise he has ever promised. We are fed up with all the crap that we are getting fed. It's time to wake up.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I wonder did the op give the same speech to his own countrymen when they were rioting in the streets about how much it cost to go to university? Where was the speech telling them to get a job and pay their own way?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by godofme

Do not be so pessimistic. The first politician in Korea has just been elected on the back of the OWS movement...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Sorry--those stats don't paint as bleak of a picture to me as they obviously do to you. We will ALWAYS have poverty. Even Jesus said, "the poor will always be with you". Times haven't changed in the past 2000 years... But other than the Human Poverty Index, we're not looking too bad at all on those other ones.

The only reason we have poverty in rich countries is a consequence of the economic system we support.

Also--I actually think that some of our poverty statistics are skewed because of unreported income. For example, I know a lady who cleans houses. She gets paid in cash and earns a bundle. She also doesn't report ANY of it as income. I'm pretty sure according to her tax forms she lives in poverty. But in actuality, she drives a really nice car and lives pretty well.

so she's fiddling tax! A lot of our problems are due to people avoiding tax. It works like this :
Person A avoids tax and thus government income is lower by an amount Y
Person B fiddles welfare and thus government income is lower by an amount Y

We look up to person A and hound person B.

Hypocritical. ( I bet you haven't reported that person to Inland Revenue have you or whatever it is in the states)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

No, I haven't reported her. I think two things about her situation:

1. She is wrong for lying about her income.
2. The system is broken, and this is just one small example. There are thousands? millions? of people just like her.

You said it's hypocritical of me NOT to report her, but I just can't be that person who tattles on someone to the government. Would you?

Personally, I think we need to move to the FairTax. The "underground economy" would be taxed every time someone purchased something.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

I do agree with the fact that the large amount of national debt is a problem. I'm not really sure how it would be possible for the government to "collect" a share of it from every citizen. I'm in favor of us doing what it takes to curtail spending NOW, and to make sure that we do not increase the debt, but instead begin to pay it down. I don't know the specifics of HOW to do that....

My issue continues to be that I wish everyone would stop throwing around the "slave" rhetoric. While we certainly have problems, it is FAR from the classification of slavery.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

reply to post by ILikeStars

I do agree with the fact that the large amount of national debt is a problem.

Oh. .. Ok then.

My issue continues to be that I wish everyone would stop throwing around the "slave" rhetoric. While we certainly have problems, it is FAR from the classification of slavery.

I can empathize with you position here. I truly can. It does not seem like slavery.
Meanwhile we dwell inside the boundries of acceptable behavior, ie the collective fears and rules of all the members of our society, our allies' societies, and billions of dead people who preceded us.

The rules in my head are there, living rent free in my skull. And, they do not always compute, or are at the very least extremely time consuming and difficult to internalize rationally, for many. Often the rules are contradictory, and diametrically opposed with eachother. Rent free in my head.

If the GH in the word ENOUGH is prounced "F"
& the O in WOMEN makes the short "I" sound
& the TI in the word NATION is pronounced "SH"...

Then the word "GHOTI" is pronounced just like "FISH"

Welcome to the English language.

edit on 19-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: add one of these: '

top topics

<< 1   >>

join