It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran accused of deception over nuclear arms

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Iran accused of deception over nuclear arms

www.cbc.ca

The U.S. and its Western allies bluntly accused Iran on Friday of deceiving the world on nuclear arms, as the United Nations atomic agency passed a new resolution criticizing Tehran's nuclear defiance.

Iran shot back that the West's allegations were based on fabricated American, Israeli, British and French intelligence fed to the International Atomic Energy Agency to try to discredit the Islamic Republic.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Allegations fabricated, Iran responds after UN resolution passes

Does this remind anyone of Iraq? It sure reminds me of it.

It's sad we in the free world cannot see the evidence they used to accuse Iran of doing this. I would bet money Iran isn't building one but trying to look like they are, so they can get attacked on a baseless accusation further undermining the western powers.

Already I think western powers are a joke and I am a westerner! It seems blatantly obvious this is a set up, I think we will be seeing a war within a year with Iran.

www.cbc.ca

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

Fool me once...........

But who am I to question the authenticity of secret evidence produced by completely unbiased and objective parties like the US, Israel, Britain, and France.

Then again, at least France spoke out about the BS lies leading up into Iraq, will they do that again?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I think this was the most important part of the article:

Russia and China support resolution Delegates at the closed meeting easily passed a resolution based on the report urging Iran to end more than three years of stonewalling of IAEA attempts to probe the allegations, and to heed UN Security Council demands to stop other activities that could be used to make nuclear arms. Only Cuba and Ecuador voted against, and Indonesia abstained.

With the Russians and Chinese on board, Iran had better come to heel quickly or there will be... trouble.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan

Allegations fabricated, Iran responds after UN resolution passes

Does this remind anyone of Iraq? It sure reminds me of it.

It's sad we in the free world cannot see the evidence they used to accuse Iran of doing this. I would bet money Iran isn't building one but trying to look like they are, so they can get attacked on a baseless accusation further undermining the western powers.

Already I think western powers are a joke and I am a westerner! It seems blatantly obvious this is a set up, I think we will be seeing a war within a year with Iran.

www.cbc.ca

If you read the article China and Russia backed the resolution as well...... Only Cuba and Ecuador voted against, and Indonesia abstained.

Iran is following the North Korean blueprint for getting nuclear weapons (Delay, delay, delay) and we are about to let it happen again.

They can enrich uranium, with the capability to get to the right enrichment level for nuclear weapons. They have researched detonation devices that can only be for a nuclear weapon and have been working on a warhead delivery system for such a device. You can say many things, but you can't say that Iran isn't working towards having the ability to have a nuclear weapon. You don't work on that kind of detonation device unless you plan on creating a nuclear weapon. There is no other use for such precise devices, except to start the chain reaction.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
If you read the article China and Russia backed the resolution as well...... Only Cuba and Ecuador voted against, and Indonesia abstained.

The resolution was "watered-down", so other reports are saying.. So China/Russia would get on board.

Big powers ok watered-down IAEA Iran nuke paper
rt.com...

Originally posted by pavil

Iran is following the North Korean blueprint for getting nuclear weapons (Delay, delay, delay) and we are about to let it happen again.

Exactly. Why else would they have "hundreds" of North Korea's working on site?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Exactly. Why else would they have "hundreds" of North Korea's working on site?

No, I'm talking more about the NK rope-a-dope policy. They would proceed with work, then try to negotiate for a little period, then start work up again and repeat. They played everyone like a Stradivarius, till they tested their nuke.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Their supporting a water-downed version of it is not scary to me, what is scary is that the western nations are pulling the same wool over our eyes they did many years ago and no one, not a soul, is attempting to stop it.

When will enough be enough?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Here is a report take out bush add obama, replace Iraq with Iran, change 2003 update to 2011, now send it off and hope no one notices.
Could it be that easy?

Iran has the nuke get use to it , they have not used it yet , they just want more than one, they want to say yes we made one of our own, so let them no big deal , they know if they use it, they will be no more.

It is a fail safe for them the real threat will be if they sell them, why launch one when it would be best best served on a platter, no one could trace where it came from.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
this shouldn't surprise anyone!! -

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

It sure reminds me of how a select few other countries must of deceived the world years ago and now the blame game is being handed over to another country who have only followed in the accusers footsteps. We are all as bad as each other. Any word from the global media outlets is nothing more than spew to condition your minds.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Can you really see Iran building a nuke and then just saying, lets blow up a few countries? What would be the point... It would defy the logical of attempting it in the first place. I think they are protecting there country and nukes are the best option against countries like the USA and Israel, who have them. Whats good for one, is good for everyone otherwise no-one should have them.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Iran should just pull out of the NPT..
Then there isn't a problem.

Iran would just be like India and Israel if the went on to make a bomb..

I don't see anyone screaming for NATO to invade India or Israel..
Iran would be the same, right.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

if your gonna question my post please read it first for this is what i said, form my post

Iran has the nuke get use to it , they have not used it yet , they just want more than one, they want to say yes we made one of our own, so let them no big deal , they know if they use it, they will be no more.
your point is????? my point is they,IRAN has one, note the HAS and the ONE. not yelling as one might think, just BIG SO YOU CAN SEE IT.... IRAN HAS ONE NUKE

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

IRAN HAS ONE NUKE

Says who???

Though I don't doubt they could buy one, I haven't seen any proof that they have..

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

You never build just one nuke......how do you test it? You at least build two, one to test and one to keep. Nothing worse for a country than nuclear impotency.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Saddam Hussein has weapons of mass destruction

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
It's deja vu all over again, quick, somebody roll the "Axis of Evil" theme music.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

never said they built it just said they have one , from when they were at war with Iraq 1980-88 www.globalsecurity.org... it was rumored that Iraq was in the proses of getting one through Russia then USSR channels but was never delivered , the cargo plane or flight never made it to the destination went down in Iran so what happened to this war head , was there a war head. Iraq was using WMD"s on Iran , Iraq wanted something bigger than bio chem weapons that would be... a nuke.
I do recall a An 12 being shot down about this time frame it was during the "war of the city's" the plane the cargo and flight crew all went missing in Iran.
What good is one? see how it is built , make others from it (when the time is right), when the "copy's" are complete then you can see how well it works.
Say you have it, the only one, the gig is up now will,Iran say they have one from the 80's hell no, how big is it, well how big was the biggest long range Artillery piece or bomber Iraq had back then , this will give you an idea of what the size is, 2 kilo to 1 meg? what was Iraq's dream city to wipe out back then ? find this then you might find how big the nuke is yes this is all speculation an some well defined clues , the old saying is where there is smoke there is fire. now do you see why I say Iran has the bomb.

edit on 19-11-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

this should make for some interesting reading for it might be the flight I am thinking of then again how knows, does make for some good reading and does say yes USSR was supplying classified weapons to Iraq during the Iran Iraq war
www.jamesoberg.com...

edit on 19-11-2011 by bekod because: editting

top topics

<<   2 >>

join