It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this dream had it all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Last night I had a dream that left me shaking my head in disbelief when I woke up.

the dream starts off in sort of a schoollike setting, a university. I meet these 3 girls who befriend me and one girl quickly falls in love with me and we hold hands etc.. it feels like some time has passed, i've known this girl awhile.
without warning, a nuke detonated just out of range to kill me and this girl.
We were sitting at a 3rd floor overlooking the panoramic view. a bright flash lights up the sky and I can instantly feel the heat. Not enough to hurt or kill, but I KNEW that was a nuke.

anyone who lives in metro vancouver will find this next statement to be particularily disturbing.
"that was New Westminister". thats what someone said in the dream as we are running.

She knows exactly what to do.
We end up on foot moving quickly through abandoned houses grabbing whatever we can to shield from radiation and all that. It all happened so quickly. A lot of ruins simply from the shockwave it seemed.

The dream continues like this for a bit until another nuke hits, we know this is it, we lay together, scared to death shaking, we look into each others eyes as we say our last goodbyes, the heat wave hits and we disintegrate.

Why I decided to post this: my first ever nuke dream which scared the crap out of me.
it was honest to god, something I thought I could never imagine.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I have had many apocolyptic dreams lately, only the main difference to yours is that i never actually die from it, im always "out of range" and flee away from the clouds looming on the horizons, a dark smokey atmosphere with a dull red glow like dusk combined with a volcano or somthing.....

The strangest thing about these dreams is the amazing clarity and real feeling, somthing that my dreams are never like, they are always "dreamy" and not at all so vivid.

I dont know what to make it of it, i think its just my brain running through a few scenarios my concious brain has thought in the day. The realism of the dreams might just be the way i interpret an end of (or start of the end) of my world.

Weird thing is, i think about meteors and comet collisions rather than nuclear war. I guess my sub concious feels differently

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What really seems interesting to me is this: People have been predicting the end of the world for hundreds of thousands of years, which would suggest that it has to do with some kind of evolutionary biological developmental advantage. People may have been having these kinds of "end of the world" dreams which may have sparked big uprisings in people that may have lead to such things like the December 21st 2012 scenario. I have also had the nuke dream that fealt very real. I've also had dreams where I suddenly realize that I'm dreaming and I start changing things in the dream consciously

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Perhaps 11-11-11 did wake yourself up to a higher level of consciousness?

I've found myself having absolutely strange dreams since 11-11-11.

I never really thought the world would end - but perhaps the consciousness shift did start - ending on 12-21-11.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
I have had many apocolyptic dreams lately, only the main difference to yours is that i never actually die from it, im always "out of range" and flee away from the clouds looming on the horizons, a dark smokey atmosphere with a dull red glow like dusk combined with a volcano or somthing.....

The strangest thing about these dreams is the amazing clarity and real feeling, somthing that my dreams are never like, they are always "dreamy" and not at all so vivid.

I dont know what to make it of it, i think its just my brain running through a few scenarios my concious brain has thought in the day. The realism of the dreams might just be the way i interpret an end of (or start of the end) of my world.

Weird thing is, i think about meteors and comet collisions rather than nuclear war. I guess my sub concious feels differently

I had the meteor dream like a month or two ago and posted it. That one was much like yours.
I survived everything up until Earth imploded on itself and I floated in zero-gravity before dying from space pressure in a pure black abyss.

but this was so much different. I hadn't any thoughts of nukes, love or death before sleep.
in fact I went to sleep thinking about the dream my friend told me last night. which was about racing his car, crashing and then a UFO with a lady inside appears to warn him. THAT is crazy.

this is my first nuclear apocolypse dream which I thought I would never have.
and the girl, it's like she was so real, like I knew her. she had a personality, thoughts. how can we dream that?

how does my mind create an entire reality based off my own experiences?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm
What really seems interesting to me is this: People have been predicting the end of the world for hundreds of thousands of years, which would suggest that it has to do with some kind of evolutionary biological developmental advantage. People may have been having these kinds of "end of the world" dreams which may have sparked big uprisings in people that may have lead to such things like the December 21st 2012 scenario. I have also had the nuke dream that fealt very real. I've also had dreams where I suddenly realize that I'm dreaming and I start changing things in the dream consciously

if there were no nukes, there would be no nuke dream I suppose.

must be a subconscious fear I have yet to confront.

"evolutionary biological developmental advantage"

possible. the dream state could be a way for us to learn things we wouldn't otherwise be able to learn in life.

I can't control my dreams, I seem to be a conscious observer. Living out the dream rather than actually creating it.

Most of them seem to hold very fundamental story lines as well. (rebellion, zombies, asteroids etc..)
They never really stray off the story, like it actually happened. like memories.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

I had the meteor dream like a month or two ago and posted it. That one was much like yours.
I survived everything up until Earth imploded on itself and I floated in zero-gravity before dying from space pressure in a pure black abyss.

but this was so much different. I hadn't any thoughts of nukes, love or death before sleep.
in fact I went to sleep thinking about the dream my friend told me last night. which was about racing his car, crashing and then a UFO with a lady inside appears to warn him. THAT is crazy.

and the girl, it's like she was so real, like I knew her. she had a personality, thoughts. how can we dream that?

The entire reality was not created. This dream that your having are literally glimpses into another dimension where these things are really happening. Therefore your mind is not creating, rather recieveing

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by princessgrey

Perhaps 11-11-11 did wake yourself up to a higher level of consciousness?

I've found myself having absolutely strange dreams since 11-11-11.

I never really thought the world would end - but perhaps the consciousness shift did start - ending on 12-21-11.

i'm not certain, i've had these types of end of the world dreams for about 6 years, maybe 1-2 a year.
it started with a dream of a rebellion against a foreign army invasion, which was a very long and vivid dream, then the next one was a high technology zombie labratory underground connected to a highspeed traintype system where they would create zombies and study their behaviour and what not.

a sign of the times for sure, but I just can't understand why me, or of what significance these are supposed to portray to me? is it a sign we need to change? that seems obvious. do I need to change? or are these things simply inevitable?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

The entire reality was not created. This dream that your having are literally glimpses into another dimension where these things are really happening. Therefore your mind is not creating, rather recieveing

I don't have a hard time believing that either.
It honestly sounds a lot more comprehendable than my own mind creating it.
Why would we receive such messages though? To warn others of our own potential fate?
should we continue down this path?

or is it so I learn a personal lesson? I did in fact from this one. Don't take anything for granted.
even right now i'm sitting here acknowledging the fact i'm lucky to be alive and breathing, even though there was no real danger.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Well maybe I should have phrased myself better. It's not like theres anyone, or anything that is sending you these glimpses to tell you anything. Your mind is literally accessing these glimpses on it's own. For whatever reason you have surpassed the mental block that prevents you from seeing these things, or remembering them. What you should try to figure out, is why your mind is looking at these things. Why does your unconscious, having the ability to see any dimension or time, see the dimensions or times you're seeing. Furthermore before you were born into this physical being, all you were was consciousness. So why did you as conscioness choose to tie yourself down to the physical being you seemingly are today. That is the real question....

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Well maybe I should have phrased myself better. It's not like theres anyone, or anything that is sending you these glimpses to tell you anything. Your mind is literally accessing these glimpses on it's own. For whatever reason you have surpassed the mental block that prevents you from seeing these things, or remembering them. What you should try to figure out, is why your mind is looking at these things. Why does your unconscious, having the ability to see any dimension or time, see the dimensions or times you're seeing. Furthermore before you were born into this physical being, all you were was consciousness. So why did you as conscioness choose to tie yourself down to the physical being you seemingly are today. That is the real question....

the first dream I ever had I remember like it was last night's. I was young, I didn't know what it ment at the time because I didn't have a view of world history like I did now or when I first understood it.
(this ties in with a point eventually)
I'm in a corridor with paintings, art, red carpet. nothing distinguishable like the mona lisa, all very abstract.
a short walk up to a door with encryptions on it, two X's across. no handle. it opens and inside are about 50 people eating dinner at a giant table, the cliche secret society table. on the ends are 2 nameless pharoahs.
the only thing that was said to me is "welcome, guest for all the ages". It was in a temple at Karnak.
the place is called "Ipet-isut", literally "Most select of places". but it wasn't ancient Egypt. more like some hybrid, or as you put it, dimensional almost. different times joining. I have never told this to anyone except a random comment on an egyptian music youtube video that reminded me of it.

why did I decide to share this? because if what you say is true then that dream would make even more sense.
Except I feel that it was an invitation rather than myself actually accessing it. and I wonder if it happens for everyone?

as for now that i'm older, I haven't experienced anything like that again, in fact now that I aged a bit, its been doom and gloom with love mixed in between.

when I sleep next i'm going to force my will and intent on asking these questions to whoever will answer them.
unless i'm asking myself, since I am my consciousness?..
it's really difficult, I cannot lucid dream, or astral project. I sort of just spontaneously appear in a dream that is never like the last. a different mental block in a way.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Best way to force a lucid dream is to set your alarm an hour before you need to really be up, when it goes off just reset it for an hour and go back to sleep. Since your main sleep is over you wont enter a full sleep cycle and the chances you will be aware of your dream - all the more likly.

The feeling of a different world or strange feeling of not belonging where your dream is, is somthing i can identiy with.

I had thought of the mind breaching the confines of this universe in some way, i think the Egyptians really were onto somthing so if you do get to ask some questions hurry back and tell us

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Best way to force a lucid dream is to set your alarm an hour before you need to really be up, when it goes off just reset it for an hour and go back to sleep. Since your main sleep is over you wont enter a full sleep cycle and the chances you will be aware of your dream - all the more likly.

The feeling of a different world or strange feeling of not belonging where your dream is, is somthing i can identiy with.

I had thought of the mind breaching the confines of this universe in some way, i think the Egyptians really were onto somthing so if you do get to ask some questions hurry back and tell us

what are your lucid dreams like?
how do you create a setting to start, or even control basic movements without tearing the environment into a million pieces?

even sitting here awake, I feel like if I were to enter a dream lucidly, that I would impact it so much it would cease to exist, because i'd be too conscious of the fact it's a dream and would go insane with the power of control and lose the ability to control myself.

there are rare moments in a dream where I know i'm dreaming, but thats the extent of what I can do about it.
it only lasts a millimoment before something captivates me enough to distract me back into dreamworld and I forget completely.

there is never a beginning, and always an end, usually with a death that feels as vivid as the life.

"I had thought of the mind breaching the confines of this universe in some way,"

you have no idea how cool I think this sounds.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

There is the consciousness of you, but there is also a universal consciousness that connects everyone and everything. People of their own consciousness can, through the universal consciousness access other peoples consciousness. Maybe what is happening is that, possible you were invited, at a time where your mind was open to the invitation, which led you to another dimension in which you were apart of and saw. These things may be happening all the time to us, but we are unaware of these things going on, because we are too attached to the reality around us. Now I've had a couple interesting dreams too

I don't remember if I had woken up and gone back to sleep, but I am pretty sure this happened during REM cycle in a deep sleep. I remember walking through this city. It reminded me alot of San Francisco, where I am from, but it wasn't. It was clearly a different city, one i have never seen before. I was walking through this city with a couple of people that I knew. For some reason, we were climbing over walls and running over rooftops and climbing fences as if we were running from someone or something. Then all of the sudden it hit me. I stopped running, I looked at the ground then at my hands, then over to my friends, who had stopped and looked at me. I felt very odd and I couldn't quite figure it out. Then it hit me again. I'm dreaming. I had realized that I was dreaming and almost couldn't believe it because it felt so real. But then I started thinking, how did I get here, why are we running? Then I thought wait a second if I'm dreaming I can just jump up and fly. I took a leap and suddenly jumped like 50 ft. Then did it again this time 200ft. Third time I started to fly, very awkwardly, like trying to figure out the controls. Then all of the sudden I woke up. This dream felt like maybe 10-15 minutes long, but I was asleep for a good 9 hours

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I have to say that my lucid dreaming is far from fully controlled and doesnt always "work" when i try to get into a lucid dreaming state.

I found the waking up and going back to sleep thing by accident, a period of a few months i kept waking an hour before my alarm and i noticed that somtimes i would end up in a lucid dreaming state accidentally (or at least without preparing to, or trying). This lead me to realise what was going on and to take some time to look up the phenomenon on the good old internet.

I cannot control a situation in my dream but i can change the choices i make. When my dream changes on a different tangent like you mentioned (what i like to call a snap), i would be distractred and loose the choice making abilities - somtimes when im not too distracted to try and control the dream after a snap i can alter the snap and new situation, but this is rare for me.

My favourate thing to change in a dream once i know im lucid is to fly, i love to fly, you can take a dream where you are shakled down and awiating some horrible medievil torture - and bam you can fly away from it to another snap. Not so useful on pleasent nice or sexy dreams

I am NOT an expert by any means, just very interested with some odd experiences as fuel.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
interesting how you both pointed out that you flew or like flying while in lucid dreams while you were both writing your responses at the same time.

I'm not certain if i've ever flown, I can't recall that like other dreams. I can breathe underwater for certain though.
most dreams with water i've ever had, I can breathe, and see underwater perfectly.
except one where a ferry sank and I drowned.

so the ability to make choices is there, I will try to see if I have a choice in environment or if it's a dimensional aspect my mind is looking into, I will record what I see with as much detail as possible. and ill try the alarm clock thing.

thanks you guys for your wonderful replies, you've left me with some great questions about myself and where my dreams will be tonight
tomorrow i will reply with the juicy details of my grand adventure, or of my failure to enact a simple dream, but i'm off for now! catch ya later

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

interesting how you both pointed out that you flew or like flying while in lucid dreams while you were both writing your responses at the same time.

I'm not certain if i've ever flown, I can't recall that like other dreams. I can breathe underwater for certain though.
most dreams with water i've ever had, I can breathe, and see underwater perfectly.
except one where a ferry sank and I drowned.

so the ability to make choices is there, I will try to see if I have a choice in environment or if it's a dimensional aspect my mind is looking into, I will record what I see with as much detail as possible. and ill try the alarm clock thing.

thanks you guys for your wonderful replies, you've left me with some great questions about myself and where my dreams will be tonight
tomorrow i will reply with the juicy details of my grand adventure, or of my failure to enact a simple dream, but i'm off for now! catch ya later

It is both. You have the choice of what dimension you go to, as well as what you do in that dimension. However you must note that there is a dimension for every possible outcome of everything and anything. So you may visit a dimension in the near future where you see a nuke go off for example. Then when back in the present mind you might wonder if that nuke will go off in your near future. It may and it may not. This is because theres no way to tell if you were looking into a dimension your heading towards or one your not.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

reply to post by andersensrm

I had a another dream last night, although i'm sure it wasn't lucid, it was more a dimensional observation again.
and strange, it's peculiar to say the least..

it happened like any of the other dreams too, just begins instantly with no warning, and if I had to say, it felt like the dream started near the end of my sleep.
i'm just running at the start, then to use your "snap",
i'm in a command centre. I felt like I was in 2 places at the same time.
Running, and observing the command centre. It felt like I was sort of drifting between the 2.

I was jogging around my neghbourhood, rainy day, cloudy, I checked out this woman who was getting out of her car and the dream just changes over to being in a predator missile room, or UAV, like a US command centre or something, and they're just lobbing missiles on Syria and Iran. I remember specifically hearing "locking targets in Syria", then it switched over to Iran, "Iran is a go", And the equipment was just beyond, they were locking on targets, on a screen they touched with their finger. I've never heard of it. I can imagine it working like a giant iPad though.
then I heard a bomb really close and woke up.

I mean come on! the very next night, another dimensional type dream? I rarely dream 2 nights in a row like that.
which is why I wanted to test out your lucid preparations. I woke up thinking, omg how am I going to explain this one..

new topics

top topics

join