It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so, on a scale of 1 to 10, how prepared are you?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
So you think your ready, it happens now were are you and what do you have?
The web is up and running so you have that,
all roads in and out of the city or state are now clogged with tin cans on wheels.
In this little game of "are you ready" it is bio chem mix , makes you sick and incoherent, shuts engines down, a diaper in the air intake makes the engine run does not work for diesel engine turns the diesel to a jelly. So know you have a vehicle or know how to get one going again
Yes this is make believe, but then you never know what bio chem they have in the weapons toy store now do ya.

To the op I am a 10 at home -0 at work, just will have my whits that it is it, now get this work has bug out boxes lights first aid, gloves 72 hour food kits , but i have no access to them but once a week, there in a locked room that i get to clean once a week so if it does happen on the night that i clean this room, that is if they remember to unlock the door for me to clean this room then ill be at a 10, er 12 at work, and that is if the building does not collapse

edit on 18-11-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Overall I would say a 7, I have all the equipment I need to survive most situations but I need a hell of allot more knowledge.

So much to learn, so little time.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

On the survival supplies in the locked room...use your universal key...a.k.a. your boot

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

Kicking a door down isn't as easy as it sounds.

Sure, a door inside of a building is going to be far easier to kick in than the front door, but it really is only the front door you have to worry about.

That's why you bring a shot gun and breaching rounds.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

steel door, fire proof, and no ax, the odd thing is this is on the top floor.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
0 I am going to wait for FEMA to come save me

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
0 I am going to wait for FEMA to come save me

who knows, 3 hots and a cot in a facility may be better than eating whatever you can find in a 120 degree desert.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

help is on they way... one month later...You must work harder if you want to eat...you are now being relocated for your own good, we have found you a new home...here are the keys, 6 months is all you can stay... 2 days later, you have to leave due to the fact EPA has deemed your new home unsafe, tell us what you need we'll cut a check... one year later still no check, no place to live and FEMA is no where to be found.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I suppose it depends on what level of SHTF you are on about, is it a slow curly one aka invasion or the faster variety when all is let loose............tbh honest I live my life from day to day and so my home is stocked for no more than a week or two.

I will take my chances whatever may come because that is how I live my life, by my wits

Wolfie

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I'm a farmer's son and a game design student. I also got a advanced multitool!
I have played a ton of left 4 dead and the fallout games.
I have good amount of creativity and fantasy, so 0 I guess.
Mentally I feel pretty prepared though.

edit on 18-11-2011 by bonino90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I'm pretty low, maybe about a 4. I do have a basic bug out bag, but I'd always like to improve it. I've got a few contingency plans on where to go based on different scenarios. I know how to camp and hunt, and fish, and shoot a bow or gun.

I know what I'd raid first and where I'd go to get stuff if it all fell apart. I have local maps with places of note indicated...but I really don't have a lot of supplies stocked up, especially in the firearms department.

I honestly don't really see needing it anytime soon, but as a former scout, better to be prepared at least somewhat...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Unless we are talking of a steel fire rated door with a steel frame.
Anything after that is a joke.
99% of all door frames are made of fir, that is one steb above balsa.

And many doors are veneer with some form of filler, styro, woodchip, Etc.
Both are easily blown through by an average sized guy.

(Edit)
Back on topic, 12.

edit on 18-11-2011 by g146541 because: to add

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
When we have a Carrington like effect..AGAIN...and it causes 100x Fukushima nuclear fallout..I'm wondering what all this prep will do for you then?

This is pretty much the most realistic catastrophic event right on the verge of happening...

Just curious how are you prepared for this with the frequency of Power Plants here in the US?

Radiation pills? Um .... look at what happened to Fukushima and then look at our nuclear grid.

Food and water and hunting supplies may slightly offer you an advantage over others with less...

BUT the only thing that will really help is PREVENTION...however that is achieved.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Barely a 1. So.....0, I guess.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses
When we have a Carrington like effect..AGAIN...and it causes 100x Fukushima nuclear fallout..I'm wondering what all this prep will do for you then?

This is pretty much the most realistic catastrophic event right on the verge of happening...

Just curious how are you prepared for this with the frequency of Power Plants here in the US?

Radiation pills? Um .... look at what happened to Fukushima and then look at our nuclear grid.

Food and water and hunting supplies may slightly offer you an advantage over others with less...

BUT the only thing that will really help is PREVENTION...however that is achieved.

There is not much any of us if there was a nuclear fall out due to another Carrington x45+ blow or an EMP attack except to get as far away as possible. That's one of those situations where you role with the punches. We can't shelter in for long amounts of time, few have an underground bunker...the survivalists will at least have an advantage over the unprepared.

1-10? There is no way to predict that until it happens. I'll let ya know.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

I was thinking along these lines as well.
It's fine and dandy to be at '10' in your home, but chances are excellent that you would need to move...how do you transport several years worth of food?...and shelters...and light source...and hazmat gear...and solar equipment...and anything else that you have stockpiles for the 'if' and 'when'
Roads would be probably be blocked, so taking the big rig isn't a likely option.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Oh heck I don't know, 11?

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

I am also well stocked on fan cleaning supplies as I will most likely be the one cleaning the fan while everyone else is bugging out.
edit on 18-11-2011 by Sek82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

I would put myself at 8. I've been stocking up on skills and knowledge as well as practicing everything every weekend. if I have to bug out, I don't want to be weighed down by anything.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Ahhhhh, you got me.
-1 to me as I have no fan cleaner!

What a business idea, SHTF fan cleaner!
Someone jump on that and gimme 3 percent.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Straight 10 ninja, I'm light on food supplies but at the end of the day, I have enough other stuff to take what I need from other less prepared people, game on!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join