It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultimate Fulfillment. The Super-Interrelatable Concepts of Enlightenment.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
You can't have love without joy. I search for love. I seek that fulfillment. Sometimes it is hard to find because I know the fulfillment is what I want, but I don't know where it is or how to obtain it. Then, I remember that I can only be fulfilled if I am happy. Happiness is fulfillment. It is contentment. I am happy, so I love my situation. If I am unhappy, I am discontent with my situation, and I do not love it. It's that simple.

Love is joy. You can't have love without joy. When joy is there, so is love. But that's not all you have when you have joy. You have peace. With the contentment of fulfillment, you are finally at peace. There is no discontent, so there is no inner conflict. There is peace because there is joy. So joy is love is peace.

But that's not all you have. When you have love, joy, and peace, you really have it all. There is no unfulfillment in fulfillment and there is no fulfillment in unfulfillment, and peace is fulfillment. Joy is also fulfillment. So is love.

This is all irrefutable, so if you have doubts about what I am saying, for the sake of preventing a useless argument, think real hard about what I am saying and TRY to understand. Ask yourself if peace really is happiness or if happiness is peace. Ask yourself if love is that too. Ask yourself if the concepts are separately available. They are not. Then see how when there is peace, there is fulfillment because there is no unfulfillment. And if you are going to disagree, and you still can't believe, consider all the people who are going to agree with me in their replies (assuming I get replies) as an indication that perhaps you are wrong in your disagreeing. I just wanted to post this for people with an open mind who might be struggling today so that I could maybe lift their spirits. If you have a closed mind and you are struggling, I urge you to open your mind and reconsider the words within this post. I'm just saying... I don't want to argue about this, because there isn't anything to argue about.

If you are searching for love, you will not find it without joy and peace. If you are searching for peace, you will not find it without joy and love. If you are searching for joy, you will not find it without love and peace.

Peace=Love=Joy=Fulfillment. That is enlightenment.

Also, it is important to be in tune with reality. Be aware of what is going on around you as opposed to what is going on inside your head. That way when you commit to being happy, you are happy with reality and not just your thoughts.

edit on 18-11-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
There is no relationship. There is no love to find or fulfillment to find.
There are not two things.
It is all you. When this is realized, there is love.
edit on 18-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I appreciate your sentiments. I have some question's. If you seek love, find it and are fulfilled, in that same moment an innocent child dies of starvation, How true are the feelings you feel, considering we are all connected? Without equality for all Are your feelings slightly selfish?
I am not trolling and I ask because I truly want to here your thoughts.

Peace

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

WIthout something or someone to love, as a beloved other, there is no love, i humbly disagree on this one, although we are almost always in one accord on everything else.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by InspirationEverywhere

I appreciate your sentiments. I have some question's. If you seek love, find it and are fulfilled, in that same moment an innocent child dies of starvation, How true are the feelings you feel, considering we are all connected? Without equality for all Are your feelings slightly selfish?
I am not trolling and I ask because I truly want to here your thoughts.

Peace

This is an appropriate question. The feelings are true. We shouldn't let the misfortunes of others bring us down. If we adopt a negative attitude in a situation where one finds themselves looking for positive examples, you aren't helping the situation. It would be appropriate to show love to the one's grieiving. Show them that happiness exists so that they have an example of how to cope. Because ultimately, for the grieving ones, moving on means becoming happy again.

And the one who has passed is probably experiencing the same love/joy/peace that you hear about in NDEs. They would not want you to suffer either.

You speak of unity. There is only love in unity. Love is what connects us. Other feeling promote feelings of disconnection. In any case, always strive to be happy, loving, and peaceful no matter what circumstances arise. When very perceivably bad things happen and you can remain positive, then you are strong.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
There is no relationship. There is no love to find or fulfillment to find.
There are not two things.
It is all you. When this is realized, there is love.

I believe in unity, but I have found that projecting my identity onto others is not a good thing. So I believe in unity but I believe individuality serves a valid purpose and should not be messed with.

But I see what you mean though. I can say all is me right now and I instantly feel the need for compassion and service, but it seems like the easy way out. It seems too easy.

Also when you project your identity onto the universe, are you not saying to the universe, "All of my misconceptions about this are now what you are."

I just feel desensitized when I project my identity onto the universe.

Any words of wisdom?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

WIthout something or someone to love, as a beloved other, there is no love, i humbly disagree on this one, although we are almost always in one accord on everything else.

See I disagree with this. I can be happy without an object of happiness therefore I can love without an object of love. Joy and love are the same thing. You can say I love you or I love being with you, but you can also say, I love being. When you say, "I love being", you are really saying, "I am happy".

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

It is not about projecting 'your identity' onto the universe, by saying this you are projecting a universe. There is no universe as such, there is just what you are experiencing in the moment..... The moment and you is one thing. And that is all.
What else is there in your experience but that? And you are that.

It really is too simple. Too obvious. There is nothing else.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

It is not about projecting 'your identity' onto the universe, by saying this you are projecting a universe. There is no universe as such, there is just what you are experiencing in the moment..... The moment and you is one thing. And that is all.
What else is there in your experience but that? And you are that.

It really is too simple. Too obvious. There is nothing else.

When I say, "I am you and you are me", I have made two identities one. I can't expect the "other" person to conform to my identity even though, in my head, I have just now created a joint identity. So really, I am just creating an illusion where I think that everyone is me, yet people still retain their own sense of individuality. If everyone was me, they should be thinking what I am thinking, and its not that way. Individuality is real. But I do believe there is some form of unity. Its just not in the form of the unity of identity.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Don't say, "I am you and you are me". You are right when you say this makes two. There is no you and me! There is now. Now.
Only now. Only presence. Only what is present.
You must go and I must go. No you, no me. No identity but 'this'.
'This' is it.
One.

youtu.be...
edit on 19-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

When you realize that you and now are inseparable you will be at ease because you will no longer be lost in time. This is the fulfillment. You and now are the (w)holy communion. It is whole, complete, there is no more, no 'other'.
Unfulfillment, fear, unhappiness is all caused by the belief in a 'you' in another time. People believe that if they can look after tomorrow everything will be ok. It's a fear thing. Not many check to see if they are ok now.
What is wrong with right now, unless you think about it?
If you check you will find that now is always ok. It is the past and future that trouble us. And past and future only exist as thought. Thoughts of past and future appear presently, so is there ever a time when it is not now?
You ARE now. These are not two things. There are not ever two things.

There is not even one 'thing' really. Is now a 'thing'? Whatever now is, it is.
You are present and the present is present, always together=Presence. Nothing else.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Do you find fulfillment and all those things I described as being the ultimate fulfillment in the original post by keeping awareness of the now moment?

I definitely do agree that the now moment is stressless. I actually feel pretty good right now trying to center my awareness in the now. Would you say the now is your religion?

I remember a time when I constantly kept my awareness in the moment. This was a very happy time for me, but I have wondered if other factors contributed or if it was simply my awareness of the now that allowed me to be happy.

What do you think? You obviously are a strong supporter for the now moment. So would you say that keeping your awareness there keeps you happy?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Don't say, "I am you and you are me". You are right when you say this makes two. There is no you and me! There is now. Now.
Only now. Only presence. Only what is present.
You must go and I must go. No you, no me. No identity but 'this'.
'This' is it.
One.

youtu.be...

That was an awesome video dude. I felt sort of like God or some high angelic being connected to some high mysterious presence while I was practicing what he was saying.

I like how he said that our conceptualizations of 'this' always fall short of interpreting what 'this' is.

You should definitely start creating more threads. I've noticed you don't create very many, but people can learn a lot from these things that you present.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

There is nothing to worry about now. The whole world disappears when you stay with now. It could be considered very selfish to live in now because you only look after what is here. I no longer have to deal with imaginary problems, imaginary problems made by the mind. There is no 'thing in this world' that is stable, nothing. Only now stands still, is constant. Once it is seen that you can never be separate from now you can be as stable as now. You might 'think' you lose hold on now but it is always available because it is always where you are.
That feeling you had watching Peter Brown is the presence. It is what you get when you get really in touch with now. You are never disconnected from that presence because you are that presence. It's what you get when you get home from travelling 'out into the world' of 'things'.
You touched the one true 'thing' when you felt like god when watching that vid. It's what everyone is looking for, it is the cure to unhappiness.
That feeling, the presence, is total fulfillment.

This man, John Sherman, can show you another way home.
youtu.be...
He was in prison for 18 years when he found it.

I'm so happy you felt the presence, now you know where it is keep looking. Looking at now is the same as looking at yourself.
If you resonate with Peter Brown there is plenty to get your teeth into on his website, theopendoorway.org, he posts all his meetings there.

edit on 20-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I apologize for not reading all the replies (not that there are even so many but I must dash off to make madeleines for my daughter in a sec) but I do want to reiterated one of the replies above and perhaps add something.

Love is not contingent on happiness nor anything else. Love is absolute and not found outside of the self. Same with happiness. All things are contained within the Self. What you are ultimately searching for is the path back to the Self. The fact that you cannot see this is the source of your discontent.

I had a friend with whom I have lost contact. He was an alcoholic who, at last contact, was finally recovering "because he found this wonderful, perfect girl who made him so happy and was always there when he needed her". I told him that that wasn't going to work. It was too much strain on the relationship. It was not her burden to bear, it was not her responsibility to provide the crutch for his illness/weakness. He alone needed to bear that and strengthen himself to be a full partner in the relationship. I told him that eventually there would come a time when she had to put something ahead of him in her priorities. Life is just that way. It might be work or family or, God forbid, their potential eventual children should the relationship last that long, but at some point she would "let him down" and he would have his excuse to resume his consumption - and it would be all her fault!

You can see perhaps how happiness and most of all Love are not found outside of the Self. All contentment, joy, appreciation, love, beauty, and all the rest are reflections of what is found within. If you see disappointment and sadness and injustice and all the rest in your surroundings, it is because you feel that within. Just because someone is suffering should not make you feel sad. It is part of their path, their own unique life. You would know, once you are whole with your Self, that you cannot know the lives of others. You cannot judge what is good or bad. It is only what it is. Your life is all you will ever know. Your thoughts are a reflection of that. See the beauty in everything, even the "bad". Nothing is as it seems to be anyway. You can only view a thing from your perspective. Remember that yours is not the only one.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

That feeling you had watching Peter Brown is the presence. It is what you get when you get really in touch with now. You are never disconnected from that presence because you are that presence. It's what you get when you get home from travelling 'out into the world' of 'things'.
You touched the one true 'thing' when you felt like god when watching that vid. It's what everyone is looking for, it is the cure to unhappiness.
That feeling, the presence, is total fulfillment.

edit on 20-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

I agree. I am somewhat familiar with the presence, because I constantly seek it. Sometimes it is hard to come by. But it is my favorite feeling in the world. The presence is my soul and it is equal to the souls of others. Sometimes I have been fortunate enough to see the presence in other people and even in animals. It is angelic. Actually, when I have seen it in other people, I thought the person I was looking at literally was an angel. It is the most surreal feeling and awareness that I have ever known and experienced and hopefully continue to experience.

I seek this presence, as you call it, daily, but it escapes me. Yesterday, when I read where you said, "You are the now", I experienced it again. I seek it, but sometimes I forget the way.

I would also like to add that this presence feels like, for lack of a better word, my cosmic future self. I suspect that in the now, you are connected to eternity.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I have just posted this on another thread Justin, i thought it might help you to realize that you do not need to seek the presence.
youtu.be...

Have a great day.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
There are not the same thing.

Peace = acceptance, letting things go

Happiness = feeling good

Love = acceptance, caring (attachment)

Love and Peace are both Happiness. They both feel good.

Peace and Love only share one similar quality and that is "acceptance".

If you are Loving then you automatically have Peace because Peace is acceptance...

If you are Peaceful that doesn't mean that you automatically have love though,

Love has to have care.

You can be Peaceful and not give a damn about anything, just have a neutral feeling towards it all...

top topics

join