It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service now protecting Herman Cain!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Secret service now to protect Herman Cain

Just saw this on CNN.

While early, it is not unprecedented for the Secret Service to take over the security of a presidential candidate. In May 2007, then-Sen. Barack Obama, who was running for the Democratic nomination, was placed under Secret Service protection. It was the earliest a candidate for president had received protection from this law enforcement agency.

Usually, the Secret Service begins protecting "major" candidates designated by an advisory committee, which consists of the congressional leadership, four months before the general election, according to guidelines outlined on the agency's website.

"Major Candidate"???

Does Congress know somthing we dont regarding Mr.Cain?
I have a feeling that this isnt about him being a major candidate.
If the MSM knows why he's being protected, they arn't talking.
I thinks it's total B.S. to not tell us why we are having this ex-pizza boy protected using our tax dollars.

A buddy of mine was at a Ron Paul speech and he said when Dr. Paul arrived he had absolutly no secruity. He just drove the car up to the front door and got out with his wife and grandkids and walked right into the building.

So my fellow ATS brothers and sisters, seeing as no ones talking about why he gets this added tax payer protection, what do you think the reason is?

edit on 18-11-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Obama needs him around come election time, to make Obama look better? The secret service has been assigned to keep tabs on him because current polls have him in the lead. Secret service has left over budget they must use it or lose it by years end.....who knows

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Textreply to post by Talltexxxan

candidates are selected...

not elected...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Never looked into his person but after 5 minutes of watching him on youtube...

Makes sense, guess he made a LOT of enemies just blurting out stupid stuff

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Does anyone know if he's a member of the Bohemian Club?

If he's been hand-picked...then his protection is warranted.

Because if not - it seems only minorities running for office get that protection...so far.

I know...I'm a racist douchebag.

I certainly hope it's more complex than that; and that we're not seeing TPTB guarding their sock-puppet.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman
Textreply to post by Talltexxxan

candidates are selected...

not elected...

I agree, but isnt using secret service to protect him even before the primaries, just a bit ballsy if their reason is "proctecting a major canidate"?

I mean this guy is a joke as a presidential candidate. There is no way in H.. E.. double hocky sticks.. this guy could win an election. He's an embarasment to himself and his family.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Romney, Wife, and Kids were all walking around at the Florida Straw Poll. No security, just some aids to keep them on schedule. Same with Bachmann. Even Newt Gingrich passed me on an escalator with a coffee and one aid. There was almost no security at all during the days leading up to the debate. In the debate room, there was very tight security, metal detectors, etc.

Cain wasn't nearly as available as the other candidates. I don't know if he had security or not, but he didn't come out and mingle the way Romney, Bachmann, Johnson, and Gingrich did. To be fair, I didn't get much mingling time with Ron Paul either. I'm thinking there were just many simultaneous events going on.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I swear, If Cain gets elected then that is proof positive 100% without a shadow of doubt that we have absolutly no say in who is put into office.

There would be no denying it then.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I agree!

But, for now, I'm optimistic, and I think they have probably had some threats, probably racist in nature, or related to his sexual harassment allegations, and this is probably just appropriate precaution.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I agree!

But, for now, I'm optimistic, and I think they have probably had some threats, probably racist in nature, or related to his sexual harassment allegations, and this is probably just appropriate precaution.

So now we're protecting candidates for their past personal 'F' ups.
Sounds like a pretty good deal, I think I'll run for office in 2016 but first I'll go steal from the mob, trip some marines and start a dog fight infront of the PETA head quarters.

nanny nanny boo boo, you cant get me!!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

See, that's the spirit!! You'll make a great politician. First, get your campaign funds by any means necessary. Then, create controversy, there's no such thing as bad press. Then, hide behind political prowess and protection from the government. If you're real, real good, the mob will forgive you for your theft, because you're more powerful as an ally than an enemy, they'll just want a couple of favors.

You've got this thing down!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Who are the Secret Service protecting Cain from?

(a) Himself
(b) Being sexually harassed by women
(c) Rick Perry and his hunting buddies
(d) All of the above

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Who are the Secret Service protecting Cain from?

(a) Himself
(b) Being sexually harassed by women
(c) Rick Perry and his hunting buddies
(d) All of the above

I think its:

(e) His self-rightous ego
Its so big and powerful that it could crush him at any moment!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
No disrespect toward the Secret Service folks . . . I imagine they're pretty bang-on about their jobs and they probably do it damn well, but I really don't think even they can save Herman Cain from the worst evil out there which, in this case, is himself.

in that regard, I think Mr. Cain would be better served by a hockey helmet and a seat on a short bus.

Just sayin'

new topics

top topics

join