It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Daily Show-Occupy Wallstreet Divided

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I wonder how soon all the people on ATS who use this guy as gospel for exposing the truth in the news, will throw him under the bus because of this piece........

you do realize he is a fake anchor on a fake news program on the comedy network, right?

I know... this reminds me of a while back when somebody posted a Colbert Report clip. The clip was of Stephen interviewing two people from OWS and he was trying to join. He was "representing" the 1% and asking shallow and ignorant questions while the two protesters were answering the questions pretty sensibly.

Guess what happened. The thread was flooded by people who came in to agree with a fictional character and had no idea that the joke was on them for agreeing. Some people just don't understand satire.

In any case, this Daily Show piece was made for humor. They expect the viewers to be mature enough to not allow a light-hearted jab at OWS to actually sway their opinions of it. Again, The Daily Show gave viewers too much credit.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Upthepunx
reply to post by CREAM

you lost me when you started quoting the matrix. the "movement" knows nothinhg of revloution at all and if and when it comes down to them "shooting" at you. its not gonna be the cops its gonna be the pissed off tax payers your are costing money by "occupying" and vandlaizing and yelling and screaming like a bunch of over privilaged babies.

OK... and your point is? Oh, now after typing that.... read the matrix quote again.

You totally missed my point of using that quote, obviously I lost you with it if you had to go on to say "when it comes down to them "shooting" at you. its not gonna be the cops its gonna be the pissed off tax payers your are costing money"

READ THE MATRIX QUOTE again... You fell right into where I was going with that...

Oh, and I am "privileged"? Mmk bro, I am self employed and do community service, thank you. And the reason I am pumped about this movement is because of the community service I have done in 3rd world countries, I have seen the impact of America's greed. I have seen the mines, factories, and shanty towns. I have seen the modern slave labor and I don't care what ANYONE thinks of me. Those people who make all of our cheap ish don't have a voice in this country because people like you don't speak for them, you are comfortable in the status quo, you don't have to suffer. Well, other people do, and it is EACH of our responsibilities.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
blah blah blah blah blah blah.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Upthepunx

I am enjoying your use of satire to support the Occupy movement. I am just not sure if you are doing it on purpose, or if you are using the subconscious Herman Cain method?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I wonder how soon all the people on ATS who use this guy as gospel for exposing the truth in the news, will throw him under the bus because of this piece........

you do realize he is a fake anchor on a fake news program on the comedy network, right?

You do realize that is it also one of the smartest shows on television. Them and Southpark are the only people to actually tell it like it is. It's sad that we get truth from our comedy central programs and we get lies and BS from our " news " stations.

Yes he is a comedian and it's on a comedy station and it's a satire of real new....

But they talk about real topics and find a way to find the faults or idiocracies in things most people can't.

The thing is....Most of the jokes fly right over people's heads because they are not intelligent enough to get it.

Doesn't mean they are bad people, they just aren't that bright, so they label it as just comedy and think it's all fake, even when they talk about real events and occurances and situations happening.

I'm fine with people not thinking he is legit.........Just keep getting dumber while we actually decipher what is really going on.....

Go ahead....keep believing CBS,ABC,NBC, FX , CNN..........You can keep their mangled half truths and left out facts.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
You do realize that is it also one of the smartest shows on television. Them and Southpark are the only people to actually tell it like it is. It's sad that we get truth from our comedy central programs and we get lies and BS from our " news " stations.

Yes he is a comedian and it's on a comedy station and it's a satire of real new....

But they talk about real topics and find a way to find the faults or idiocracies in things most people can't.

The thing is....Most of the jokes fly right over people's heads because they are not intelligent enough to get it.

Doesn't mean they are bad people, they just aren't that bright, so they label it as just comedy and think it's all fake, even when they talk about real events and occurances and situations happening.

I'm fine with people not thinking he is legit.........Just keep getting dumber while we actually decipher what is really going on.....

Go ahead....keep believing CBS,ABC,NBC, FX , CNN..........You can keep their mangled half truths and left out facts.

Awwww, and the mainstream media has successfully separated you into your own camp, where, of course you see things as they really are! Unlike everyone else right? Naw... you've been programmed too by your selected TV programing....

I try to watch as little TV as possible... TV programming is just that, programing, even comedy central. I like to think for myself. See, TV sways people's opinions by telling people what they want to hear, which is often both sides. South Park made fun of both the police and protesters, now neither side is taken seriously (it was not just south park, just an example). But, in order to move forward, it can't work like that, we have to choose sides. Watch the live feeds, who do you identify with more, the police or what the protesters are saying? Watch for a few hours before you make up your mind if you want to conduct this experiment in the most scientific way possible. By watching reality LIVE, you get the REAL story... Who woulda thunk?

Oh, and since neither side are being taken seriously, they are both begging for attention by escalating things on both sides. And yet again, the country has been dazed and confused by the media into not doing anything, and yet again it's turning into bloodshed...
edit on 18-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join