It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Daily Show-Occupy Wallstreet Divided

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I never watch Jon Stewart, but I happened by this last night on TV and I had to post this...

I wonder how soon all the people on ATS who use this guy as gospel for exposing the truth in the news, will throw him under the bus because of this piece........

I dont find him credible myself, but this piece did highlight a lot of my thoughts on this movement.

Let the hypocrisy flow like wine, and the flaming begin!

Heres the Link

sorry not sure how to inbed video thats not from Youtube

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I wonder how soon all the people on ATS who use this guy as gospel for exposing the truth in the news, will throw him under the bus because of this piece........

you do realize he is a fake anchor on a fake news program on the comedy network, right?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It's a funny comedy piece, not that interesting of a news piece. There are divisions in every society, doesn't really mean anything besides these people literally do represent the 99% apparently lol. They may have divisions amongst themselves, but diversity is a good thing. The good thing is they all are in solidarity for one goal, the goal stated on the official OWS website.. American Revolution.
edit on 18-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
That was pretty good. Its just human nature to seperate into groups of like minds I guess no matter what.

Jon Stewarts brother is the Chief Operating Officer of the New York Stock Exchange.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

edit on 18-11-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

You apparently didnt read the post at all did you?

I love it when people start insulting me without reading my post at all

edit on 18-11-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Haha. Whether you're a pretentious occupier or an idealist occupier, you're still getting made fun of. Yay, equality!

Do they not realize that using a building in Wall Street to make decisions for everyone else is exactly what they are purportedly protesting against? What am I missing?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

You apparently didnt read the post at all did you?

I love it when people start insulting me without reading my post at all

I did read your full post before I posted, you can't beat me with your silly jedi mind tricks... Oh, and I guess in your book, when people disagree with you, they are insulting you?

I am certainly not a liberal media "fan boy", I always criticize both sides of the mainstream media. But I am not even criticizing John, I just think your silly if you take that story seriously or are somehow trying to make it into a valid argument(or are you? I am not really sure of your motive, by your OP sounds like your trying to trap people who are quick to make assumptions so you can be "right" and get stars one way or another, which is valid enough, people shouldn't make assumptions, but it doesn't sound like your goal is to "deny ignorance"...)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
From DAY ONEEEE I've been saying this would happen, have I not?

Have no list of demands and anyone can hijack your movement
have no goal, no concrete goal and anyone can join to gain support by hitching a ride on your movement

Let me make this clear, i'm not saying that I am a genius for foreseeing this

I am saying shame on the rest that didn't foresee something as clear as crystals
this was never rocket science!!!!!

As I said before, Occupy Wrong Street did serve a purpose, it showed us exactly what must NOT happen in the next movement.

Wake up people who kept saying "how come you guys don't support this stupid leaderless movemetn with zero goals or focus?"

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

have no goal, no concrete goal and anyone can join to gain support by hitching a ride on your movement

I am saying shame on the rest that didn't foresee something as clear as crystals

As I said before, Occupy Wrong Street did serve a purpose, it showed us exactly what must NOT happen in the next movement.

Wake up people who kept saying "how come you guys don't support this stupid leaderless movemetn with zero goals or focus?"

The number one goal and focus is right on their website, it's revolution. We were past "demands" since day one. We want war. The message is clear. Either you support the military industrial complex police state, or you don't.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
Either you support the military industrial complex police state, or you don't.

Either you support McDonalds or not
Now let's go occupy Ford Motors so we can show our opposition to McDonalds

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Wallstreet finances the military industrial complex... /Fact... Your argument makes a logical leap /Fact... People need to take personal responsibility for their place in the world /Fact My opinion is not popular because fear of change and the fact it is always easier to blame someone else for the problems in the system/Fact YES, I AM a hypocrite for saying that! I am blaming the top 0.01% for my problems, I am also taking personal responsibility for LETTING them./Fact We are all hypocrites sometimes/Fact

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

The number one goal and focus is right on their website, it's revolution. We were past "demands" since day one. We want war. The message is clear. Either you support the military industrial complex police state, or you don't.

what dose this revolution consists of? stitting around in drum circles forming clicks and gangs. this is not a revolution at all. just a joke

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
ask any person thats old enough to remember seeing what happened @ kent state and they will tell you that this is not a revolution not even the spark of one.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

I did read your full post before I posted, you can't beat me with your silly jedi mind tricks... Oh, and I guess in your book, when people disagree with you, they are insulting you?

Weird, becaue it clearly says i was reply back to phishy........

Interesting how people really having a hard time figuring out whats going on when they are trying to attack me for a video someone else made........

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Upthepunx
what dose this revolution consists of? stitting around in drum circles forming clicks and gangs. this is not a revolution at all. just a joke

We cost the city of new york millions last night in police costs. Anon has cost the system many millions in different hacking projects. The jails can't handle everyone to enforce the law properly. We will keep disrupting businesses. We will keep pissing people off until they do shoot at us, listen to Immortal Technique's free album the "The Martyr" for the game plan. Many of us are willing to die for the cause, (many are not, I know), we just want to do it in the most effective way possible so we don't end up shooting at the white house like some people are.... we want to provoke the violence against us using non violent ways(including, in fact, the threat of violence).

If it is not obvious to you that OWS is not going away anytime soon, well, does it sound like we are going to change our minds?

The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it.

Any attempt to discredit or smear OWS only encourages us to keep going. The more unpopular it is, the more vital it is for us to push now. We know time is running out to wake people up. Sounds like a cult right? Well, just like a cult, you wont convince us we are wrong, nor will you REALLY listen to what we are saying. We are saying we know we are going to win. You want to end the military industrial complex? How else do plan on ACTUALLY doing it besides joining a resistance movement and discussing things on the street irl? Hahaha, that's what I thought, you wont do anything, people have been talking about change since way before Clinton and it's been the SAME since I can remember. OWS is the solution. I am campaigning for Paul, BUT there has to be a back up solution. Just watch the live feeds, we will win.

Do I sound like I have a childish attitude? Well look at the genocide in Iraq our parents created with their attitude.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I want to occupy Mercedes instead. Their cars are much more cushy. It's not fair that I don't have one. Occupy Mercedes!!! ;-)

We cost the city of new york millions last night in police costs. Anon has cost the system many millions in different hacking projects. The jails can't handle everyone to enforce the law properly. We will keep disrupting businesses. We will keep pissing people off until they do shoot at us, listen to Immortal Technique's free album the "The Martyr" for the game plan. Many of us are willing to die for the cause, (many are not, I know), we just want to do it in the most effective way possible so we don't end up shooting at the white house like some people are.... we want to provoke the violence against us using non violent ways(including, in fact, the threat of violence).

On a more serious note, I can't get behind this. I don't know why you guys are intent on provoking violence against you (although it is refreshing that you are being honest about what you are doing.)

Nonviolent means that you want the WHOLE EXPERIENCE to be nonviolent. When you are trying to provoke violence, even if YOU are being nonviolent, but having the GOAL be violence....you can no longer consider your movement to be NONVIOLENT.
edit on 18-11-2011 by GeorgiaGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

You don't find him credible, yet you post a piece from him that you use to justify your own position?

Hmmmm, I guess hypocrisy starts at home, doesn't it?

The reason so many like and trust him is that he is generally pretty honest, and casts a clear eye on the foibles and miscues of every side, not just one or the other.

This piece is both funny and insightful, illustrating an aspect of our society that continually trips us up.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Weird, becaue it clearly says i was reply back to phishy........

Interesting how people really having a hard time figuring out whats going on when they are trying to attack me for a video someone else made........

I am not attacking YOU personally about anything, I am supporting a movement, and that aint about you or me.

Oh, last time I checked "people" is a plural word so I know you weren't just referring to phishy.....

Plus he wasn't insulting you either, just disagreeing. Again, this in not about you or me, people who support the movement do it because it is something bigger than themselves, not because it makes them popular because that is obviously not the case.

If your taking this as insult... Well I miss the policy debate team in high school where it was about the issues not people's egos...

Instead of making this about YOU and ME, tell me a better way to end the military industrial complex besides a resistance movement on the street. I am sure you are an intelligent person and I am just curious, and no I am not being factitious.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

you lost me when you started quoting the matrix. the "movement" knows nothinhg of revloution at all and if and when it comes down to them "shooting" at you. its not gonna be the cops its gonna be the pissed off tax payers your are costing money by "occupying" and vandlaizing and yelling and screaming like a bunch of over privilaged babies.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join