It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU bureaucrats enforce laws that "water doesn't prevent dehydration"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

EU officials concluded that, following a three-year investigation, there was no evidence to prove the previously undisputed fact.

Producers of bottled water are now forbidden by law from making the claim and will face a two-year jail sentence if they defy the edict, which comes into force in the UK next month.

EU bans claim that water can prevent dehydration

Words fail me to describe this complete idiocy by the dictators of Europe...

It is obvious that they are getting desparate to cling on to power knowing that their demise is inevitable.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
That's the stupidest thing I have read all day...

really, water doesn't hydrate the body...

thanks OP....

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Anyone that believes water hydrates the body is clearly a moron and should be jailed. K.

Ukip MEP Paul Nuttall said the ruling made the “bendy banana law” look “positively sane”.

Wat.
edit on 18-11-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Yeah, thats why hospitals make sure people drink to prevent dehydration, or if they are nil by mouth then they have saline which is pretty much the same thing. how idiotic, nice post op, flagged

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
So pizza is a vegetable and now water doesn't stop you from dehydrating? What the hell is wrong with this planet?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Well, water doesnt have electrolytes. It's about time governments stepped in and did something about this erroneous claim. Water belongs in toilets and nowhere else.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

OK, I am going to assume you must be a troll to think water only belongs in toilets, but if not:

Humans are made up of 70% water.

When they are thirsty they drink WATER.

If one doesn't drink water for atleast 3 days, THEY DIE.

edit on 18-11-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

I'm going out on a limb here but my guess is you've never seen Idiocracy?

They used this very scenario. Life imitating art or art predicting the future based on humanities track record?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Probably pressure from the water companies drove this change through.

Currently, at least here in the UK, nobody can deny you a water supply, under any circumstances. You don't pay your utility bill, all they can do is sue you in court for an attachment of earnings (garnishment). They cannot terminate your water supply, ever.

I'm guessing this change was pressured through, so that they can now push through a right to terminate your water supply for non-payment.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Reply to post by thisguyrighthere

So where did humans get their Gatorade from for the last couple of thousands of years to stave off dehydration?

Oh, that's right. They drank WATER.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
wow, leave it to the scientists ... and yet they wonder why they seldom get any respect.

A meeting of 21 scientists in Parma, Italy, concluded that reduced water content in the body was a symptom of dehydration and not something that drinking water could subsequently control.

although, as worded, it would be correct ... why ?
dehydration is the result of multiple conditions occurring in the body
(not just reduced water content)
consuming only water during a bout with dehydration will not effectively control the condition.
and lastly, misleading advertising shouldn't be allowed anyway.

all in all, i do wonder, is a more litigious society really as good as it seems?
why is it necessary for the entire EU to make such a determination ?
there has to be more to the story.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
eu is testing the masses. if theyll swallow this theyll swallow anything.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This does sound stupid. But i think that since it applies to commercial stuff, it is really problem of manufacturer.
What i find idiotic is that the discussion about the issue took 3 years, and in the end panel of 21 scientists had to meet and decide on the issue.
Lots of money was spend in vain. One clerk should be enough to allow or forbid companies to print certain labels.
Enormous waste.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

LOL even trolls know there's water under their bridge
not just in their outhouse.

On a side note maybe the sodium, chemicals and toxic waste fluoride doesn't hydrate you lol but regardless I know I drink water everyday to dilute all the food I eat haha. You can survive on fruit and veggies only if you eat more then 3 times a day
yes meaning no water at all. The fruit has enough fluid inside it.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I watched Idiocracy today. Genius movie, and scarily accurate.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

ok so what does stop dehydration then

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

LOL and if electrolytes good for the body they must be even better for plants, and crops.

I demand immediate change to our aggriculture crop watering systems to be changed to Gatorade, with its many awesome electrolytes, far better than crappy water

Now excuse me while I go put in my vote for Terry Crews as President.

new topics

top topics

join