It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese fund managers sentenced to DEATH for cheating investors out of $1 billion.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

And if they refuse?

What then?

Seems to me that the billionaire class simply buys the legal system every time they're caught and actually prosecuted.

How many times does a corporate board get off by paying a bribe, excuse me, a "fine" without admitting or denying guilt? Promising to never, ever do it again, but wind up in court a few months or years later for prceisely the same thing?

And the "fines" are usually a pittance, small sofa change compared to what was stolen.

If we can execute people for small-scale murder, surely we can execute people for large-scale murder. What what is selling a product or using a technique that guarantees x deaths over y time but calculated murder for profit?

Hanging a few of the most egregious offenders (the entire board of Goldman-Sachs and BP comes to mind) and sentencing the rest to life without parole would surely improve the behavior of the next generation of would-be banksters and careless corporatists.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

ATS:

Rapists, Child Molesters and Murders should not be executed!

But get life in prison...

ATS:

Chinese fund managers sentenced to DEATH for cheating investors out of $1 billion.

Yes, By all means kill them all!

I need my hip waders

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

And if they refuse? What then?

You can't refuse a court order.

Seems to me that the billionaire class simply buys the legal system every time they're caught and actually prosecuted.

Sentences are dished out according to minimum and maximum requirements by law.

How many times does a corporate board get off by paying a bribe, excuse me, a "fine" without admitting or denying guilt? Promising to never, ever do it again, but wind up in court a few months or years later for prceisely the same thing?

Increasing sentencing for these particular crimes is a good step. But remember, laws don't prevent crime, they are designed to PUNISH crime. No law is going to stop a thief from being a thief.

And the "fines" are usually a pittance, small sofa change compared to what was stolen.

I agree that this needs to change. All assets held should be liquidated and sized to be disbursed among the victims.

If we can execute people for small-scale murder, surely we can execute people for large-scale murder. What what is selling a product or using a technique that guarantees x deaths over y time but calculated murder for profit?

You have to prove a murder occurred in direct connection to the theft. Then it wouldn't be a fraud/theft trial it would be a murder trial.

Hanging a few of the most egregious offenders (the entire board of Goldman-Sachs and BP comes to mind)

I'm no fan of either but on what grounds? Again 4th and 8th amendment apply here.

and sentencing the rest to life without parole would surely improve the behavior of the next generation of would-be banksters and careless corporatists.

Depending on the level of theft a life sentence is certainly possible. Madoff was sentenced to 150 years in prison, no parole. Perfectly legal when one contrasts what he did with what the law and the Constitution prescribes.

Abandoning the Constitution is NOT the way to go about punishing these crimes.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

The constitution also never said anything about there being a "Federal Reserve"... So maybe if they clear that up first, they can proceed with actually enforcing it, and can avoid having people wish extreme measures upon others...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Increasing sentencing for these particular crimes is a good step. But remember, laws don't prevent crime, they are designed to PUNISH crime. No law is going to stop a thief from being a thief.

I think you hit the nail on the head here. Large scale monetary fraud is easy when it comes from the upper high classes. This is a class issue.

A person earning lower wage, even with decent credit has to jump through hoops for loans, while being put under scrutiny.

Yet somehow, corporations that have a terrible history of wasted spending, balances in the red, acquire loans and grants from Government and financial institutions where the debt is later passed to the public.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

This is why I don't think government should be in the business of loaning anything to anyone for any reason EVER.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

ATS:

Rapists, Child Molesters and Murders should not be executed!

But get life in prison...

ATS:

Yes, By all means kill them all!

I need my hip waders

You're painting the ATS membership with a pretty broad brush there, aren't you?

I'd be willing to be that the anti-death penalty crowd is still against this while those who support the death penalty are the ones who are cheering this action by the Chinese the most.

If it were up to me, Rapists, Child Molesters, Murders AND Banksters would all be headed for the gallows. I've been saying that from day one here at ATS.
edit on 11/18/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I believe the death penalty should ONLY be applied in cases were the body of evidence for an egregious crime, like murder, is vastly overwhelming and irrefutable.

Otherwise it should be off the table.

I don't believe rapists or child molesters should be killed in accordance with the law(even though PERSONALLY I would kill 'em myself), and much less so for monetary crimes.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

You can't refuse a court order?

Maybe the poor can't, but the rich and corporations do it all the time, simply by appealing to a more, ahh, amenable judge.

When a corporation deliberately withholds or obfuscates data that clearly shows a risk of death to others merely for profit purposes, how else can you define it but murder for profit? BP successfully defied an order to stop using Corexit in the Gulf, a substance banned most everywhere else due to its high toxicity. Goldman-Sachs fraudulently sold garbage deliberately framed as gold, while simultaneously betting against it, causing the world economy to nearly collapse, then conned the government into rewarding them for it with bribes and threats.

Corrupting government should be a death penalty offense.

As far as citing the Constitution and Bill of rights goes, talk to me again when the TSA and Homeland Security are dissolved, and the mere label of "suspected terrorist" doesn't strip you of all your rights.

And btw, I am opposed to the death penalty in general, but in these cases I would make an exception, since we are dealing with irredeemable sociopaths, most likely.
edit on 18-11-2011 by apacheman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Dang! I think death is a bit harsh, and by no means would applaud the Chinese for this. However, I would agree that America needs to treat these types of crimes more seriously. I wouldn't mind seeing financial cheats have to actually work for the people (under supervision of course) to repay their crimes.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by DJW001

If the United States is going to continue to apply capital punishment, it seems perfectly reasonable to follow China's example and serve corporate criminals with capital punishment.

No it doesn't.

American jurisprudence dictates that the punishment must fit the crime.

The 4th and 8th amendment protect against this kind of punishment for these types of crimes. Should they be jailed? Yes. Should they be killed? No.

An eye for an eye makes for a lot of blind people, but, when these @ssclowns willfully with malice enact and complete a premeditated plan to destroy the lives of hundreds, thousands or millions of people, I personally think they deserve to die. Preferably by being torn apart by the people they destroyed, after which, the assets should be spread amongst the injured parties. I think the same should apply to lobbyists, corrupt politicians and the bankster cartel. Give them a fair trial, but if they are found guilty apply the sentence. That might seem harsh but I've seen worse when I was with the military.

Now that's closure ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
with that much cash one would think one could bribe his or her way out!!

Unfortuantly the death penelty for such activities in the USA wouldnt work because it would never be A. found out or B. followed up properly.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well, I'm glad to see that justice prevails in China!!

As for the USA, if justice was served to the corrupt like the Chinese, America would be better of with the execution of, .... I'd say at least 100,000 corrupted business men.

But they won't... just a thought?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
That's awesome. We should take the next logical step and call for the EXECUTION of the supercommittee members if they fail to cut $1.2 Trillion in spending....and then alternate a Congressman and a lobbyist every other day thereafter....and yes I'm 100% serious.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I so disagree!!!!! prison inmates and there life in prison, I pay for in taxes!

They get cable, workout stations, guitars, basketball hoops, ... I don't have these making barley over poverty wages, and each inmate was estimated at fed and state funding on one inmate between $35,000-50,000 per person incarcirated. PUKE, You are now on my rival list, not because I'm mad, but because I have yet to rationalize your thinking, or seeing your point of view.

I will be more open-minded if you elaborate you reason a bit more

They get three meals a day, I do not, and I work my ass off to do the right thing, did they.. I think that America goofed up in the justice system by eliminating the death penalty in the majority of the states. ohhhhhh, touchee subject for me bro, but bring the discussion on my friend, please justify!

Thank you brother,
Much Love
edit on 18-11-2011 by AK907ICECOLD because: adding text

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
You're painting the ATS membership with a pretty broad brush there, aren't you?

Are we reading the replies in the same thread...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Yes, repaying with their lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In reincarnation, they can deal with their Karma in the next life, this one should be done after what they did

if my daughter was raped and killed, I WOULD MURDER THE SOUL RESPONSIBLE, WITH NO REMORSE, IMO. and yes I'm %110 serious!, don't like my opinion? I stand firm in my belief

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
What a refreshing thread. So happy to see a huge crime put to an end and people punished.

When people get away with this kind of thing, more people begin to do it, and in the end the rest of us honest people end up getting screwed.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Billmeister
But, but... that is Goldman Sachs' and J.P. Morgan's business model... well I guess that is what the Chinese do best... they copy!

They obviously forgot the part of giving kickbacks to the politicians, or better yet, creating a revolving door system where your guys are on the inside making the calls!

The death penalty may be a tad extreme, but as others have pointed out, such a deterrent is exactly what has been absent in the unregulated wild west of the western banking system.

the Billmeister

try paying off a politician in china and youd both die together.
China doesnt tolerate corruption and fraud they execute the guilty parties once sentence has been passed at the trial. Giving and accepting bribes carries the death penalty in china and yes they do enforce it.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

As the usa should!!!!! Star my friend!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join