It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France needs to upgrade all nuclear reactors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

France needs to upgrade all nuclear reactors

www.reuters.com

(Reuters) - France needs to upgrade the protection of vital functions in all its nuclear reactors to avoid a disaster in the event of a natural calamity, the head of its nuclear safety agency said, adding there was no need to close any plants.

After Japan's Fukushima disaster in March, France, along with other European countries, decided to carry out safety tests on 58 reactors and its next-generation reactor under construction in northwestern France.

The aim was to test their capacity to resist flooding, earthquakes, power outages, failure of the cooling systems and operational managem
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
No need to worry, unless something happens that nobody can predict. That has NEVER happened before, we always know exactly what's around the corner. Yes, I am joking, simmer down on your angry replies. Fukushima, Chernobyl, the horrifying toxins I release after Taco Bell? Nah, don't worry. The cheese eating surrender monkeys have it all under control, unless something bad happens. What's with the huge push to get id of nuclear power? Well, probably big OIL. Also, can I get a U2U hug? The world is making me sad.

www.reuters.com

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Wonder how they plan to protect against terrorism & acts of war?
Nuclear power... one hell of a way to boil water.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

No need to worry, unless something happens that nobody can predict. That has NEVER happened before, we always know exactly what's around the corner. Yes, I am joking, simmer down on your angry replies. Fukushima, Chernobyl, the horrifying toxins I release after Taco Bell? Nah, don't worry. The cheese eating surrender monkeys have it all under control, unless something bad happens. What's with the huge push to get id of nuclear power? Well, probably big OIL. Also, can I get a U2U hug? The world is making me sad.

www.reuters.com

They better get off their asses and upgrade their plants. Nibiru---61/2 AU out and coming in. Like it or not.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

Speaking of which... my breakfast ramen (don't anyone judge me!) is almost done. This is just a not so sly attempt to bump my own thread to get more opinions. I'm going to keep typing now because I don't believe anyone actually reads my posts and I haven't slept in a few days.

top topics

join