It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baghdad explodes in US face (leur p�te � la gueule)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
looting, ransacking, suicide bombings... blatant mismanagement in the occupation of a 5 million city

news.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I say we let them have a little fun ... They just got liberated from a tryant after all.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   
whining french trying to eat sour grapes...

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Netchicken, you're a funny guy .. always trying to divert attention from your own failure

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Look frenchie, I know all about your country, I even made a webpage on it...

stuffucanuse.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
At least we share a certain sense of humour

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I wouldn't consider looting an act against American liberation. In many cases they are looting Baath party offices, Army building etc.

If the coalition was there to occupy, like you say, and not liberate then I might agree with you. However, they're there to liberate, not control, Iraq. Ultimately, the Iraqis are responsible for their own fate. Trying to control them is going to backfire.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
probably been a day or two since they had a good riot, or got drunk off their bums and smashed a few windows. also, it'll do em some good to see some iraqi chicks too.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
most of the looting seems to be government building, in a way that's a good sign.

Speaking of being drunk and what not. I read somewhere an Iraqi said something like 'The Americans will bring democracy to Iraqi and whiskey and sexy'
(not to sure what 'sexy' is)

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Im not sure if prostitution and drug abuse/trade really are funny things, Bob88

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Most of the looting is in government buildings.My guess is if you had your throat stepped on for 30 years you would do a little looting too.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
yeah ! imagine the unleashing of the prison percentile in US

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   
No need to do that,we have gangs....

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Mind you many prisoners being release in Iraq are political prisoners that were opposed to Saddam. Perhaps this is good also!

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
does the releasing of political prisoners in Iraq encompass the mollahs ? That would be quite a funny thing ...

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Several diplomatic buildings were burglarized including the German Embassy, the French cultural center and the house of the Finnish ambassador -- where one looter staggered out carrying an air-conditioning unit.

www.abcnews.go.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi

Baghdad explodes in US face (leur p�te � la gueule)

Don't take your most wet dream for reality.

Netchicken, now that I've read what you wrote about France, I'm sure that you lived in France.Otherwise, it was impossible to have a so clear picture of this country.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   
What's funny is that the people who are complaining about the looting (which they are looting government buildings out of resentment for the way the government treated them) are the same people who would complain if the coalition forces did police the people (which they can't do until they have secured the city). They would call the coalition imprerialists trying to control the Iraqi people. It's a no win situation since those are the people (who won't admit) that they are more concerned with finding ways to fault the US.

Some in the Arab world claim that all the footage of the Iraqis celebrating are fake and that the soldiers are forcing them by gunpoint to celebrate. The point being that people will only see what they want to and if all they seek is fault, that's all they are gonna find. This is how amazingly one could turn a triumphant day in history into a topic such as the one in this thread.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Mokuhadzushi in the US we have a term for how your behaving its "sour grapes."

Who is to say what the man meant when he said sexy?

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
Mokuhadzushi in the US we have a term for how your behaving its "sour grapes."

" Sour grapes " . In french, you can say : " Amertume, d�sapoint� ".

OTH, they don't accept what they see because they don't like ( they hate ? ) what they see.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join