It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pentagon tested hypersonic weapon!No need for drones!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I wonder how this weapon looks like,very interesting,now let's see Iran!A Blitz Krieg?

TextThe Pentagon announced that the U.S. military successfully tested a new weapon system capable of traveling at least five times the speed of sound. Advanced Hypersonic Weapon was released from a facility in Hawaii and reached its target in the Kwajalein Atoll, 3,700 kilometers away in half an hour. The missile, which can maneuver in flight to avoid crossing the territory of third countries, is part of a larger program that seeks to give U.S. forces the means to send conventional weapons anywhere in the world in an hour.
source(www.allvoices.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
No doubt this has been around for sometime...

The question is why release it now....Maybe America are now showing their hand?
(not a good sign)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Maybe the time is approaching..there are some policies to pay!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Sounds like you are in a big hurry to install a Rothschild bank in Iran. Well you can't not expect jingoists to advocate murder in the name of money. Trained well, they are.
edit on 18-11-2011 by jcord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jcord

I don't wan't to install any bank,people just ask they're self if the bells of war are ringing ,ding dong,ding dong!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Why don't they just fire it at a few Iranian centrifuges and caller a day, they know they wanna.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Sorry then. Just needed to hear you say it. What is about to be done to Iran is a crime whether it is called liberation or not.

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by jcord

I don't wan't to install any bank,people just ask they're self if the bells of war are ringing ,ding dong,ding dong!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

MMMMHM, agreed.
You generally don't see the cat arch until just before it attacks.
It seems we are just fluffing our feathers.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
With a per launch cost of 69 million US dollars, these wont be anything launched as a replacement for the much less expensive drone fleet.

The Pentagon has invested 239.9 million dollars in the Global Strike program this year, including 69 million for the flying bomb tested Thursday, CRS said.

source

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Just came across this .

www.guardian.co.uk...

This drone can reportedly travel 20 times the speed of sound and can travel from London to Sydney in 1 hour .

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jcord

Trained well, they are.

Talk like Yoda, you do.

Agreed on the 'be careful what you wish for' thing with Iran.

Better armed, better trained and idealistic. Iran will not be a push over. And they have friends in high places, Russia being one.

The West SERIOUSLY should not pick a fight with Iran at the behest of the real M.E. terrorists (Israel), if we think it's a battle trying to put down a poorly armed and trained, reg tag bunch of taliban fighters in Iraq and Afghanistan, wait until they try it in Iran!

Even if a conventional war is won relatively quickly with minimal casualties, the insurgency, or more accurately, the Iranian resistance fighters, fighting as the Taliban are, will be a war unto itself.

The West, or the UN or even a Russian 'peacekeepers' force will be stuck in Iran for the next 50 years or longer. It will never end.

What reasons are there to attack Iran anyway? Who have they invaded? Who are they slaughtering? How many nukes do they have? How many international incidents have they caused?

The answer is none.

It's about Western imperialism in the M.E., and while Syria is next in the firing line (building up the propaganda on the MSM lately), it will be a huge mistake to send armies into Iran.

But they will anyway...and we'll all regret it in one way or the other.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
You wouldn't even need a warhead for it, you could just use it as a projectile. If it hit it's target at Mach 20 (not sure of the maths), I'd presume the kinetic energy would be the equivelant of an express train hitting the target with a speed in excess of Mach 1.

Peace

Rock Ape

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Rock Ape

Yes Ape you are right!Just like a train,just like train!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

I'd think the $69mil would include R&D costs as well, launch cost will drop once these weapons are fully developed.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead

I'd think the $69mil would include R&D costs as well, launch cost will drop once these weapons are fully developed.
Yes but no technical data released maybe we ask the Chinese for some data about those rockets!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead

Nope. That was the cost of launching that single warhead for the test. If you read the source I linked to or even the quote from it that I posted, it clearly says billions (over 200) have been spent on the project this year alone. that's the R&D.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The only sad thing is I feel we are already behind the times if this article is correct. And that the Russians, Chinese and Indians., who as the article states have already weaponized Hypersonic Tech in there guided missles. As intrigued as I am at the science behind it we may have come up short on this one, and be playing cat and mouse with our deterent ability.

U.S. perfects super-strike weapon:

The U.S. successfully tested the second-phase of its hypersonic missile system for its Prompt Global Strike’ program- a missile defense weapon capable of striking targets anywhere in the world in about an hour. The latest weapons test was launched by a rocket from Hawaii at 1130 GMT. The “Advanced Hypersonic Weapon,” or AHW, glided through the upper atmosphere over the Pacific “at hypersonic speed” before striking its target on the Kwajalein atoll in the Marshall Islands, a Pentagon statement said. Prompt Global Strike was developed by the U.S. for a quick retaliatory response from would-be adversaries or what the U.S. considers ‘rogue or terrorist states.’ U.S. super-sonic missile technology also brings the Pentagon into the same arena with Russia, China and India who have already deployed hypersonic guided-missile technology in their weaponry.

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
With a per launch cost of 69 million US dollars, these wont be anything launched as a replacement for the much less expensive drone fleet.

The Pentagon has invested 239.9 million dollars in the Global Strike program this year, including 69 million for the flying bomb tested Thursday, CRS said.

source

Yeah, you have to wonder about the weapons payload at 69M a pop................. You aren't dropping a 2,000lb bomb, that's for sure.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Please use the original thread to continue the discussion.

Army Tests Its Own Secret Supersonic Attack Vehicle

Thread Closed

new topics

top topics

join