It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lake Vostok conspiracy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
WHY NOT SEND A DEEP SUB WITH A CAMERA INSIDE THE LAKE SMH@ the games here seriously and then SHOW what is really going on. Takes a few seconds to gather COLLECTIVE INSIGHT, pauses..... Just realized they already did nvm
Wonder if a light source has been detected of some kind

edit on 11/18/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

The Russians are going to send a robot in it says think it was here.
en.wikipedia.org...

I believe this shows the anomaly it looks like a large cylinder.
www.cyberspaceorbit.com...
edit on 18-11-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Picture of a new microbe found there here..
(judging from the unique microorganisms that scientists were actually able to culture in the United States and Russia, when retrieved from their icy prison) ... current biological activity.

www.enterprisemission.com...

Looks like a hot war over the area in the future.

"he international treaty covering Antarctica will expire in 2048 but the report warns Australia is lagging behind other countries that are already working to bolster their claims.
''China is investing in a new ice-breaker ship, ski-equipped planes and helicopters as well as extensive Antarctic astronomy and astrophysics, and is refurbishing its stations for year-round occupation,'' the report states.

Read more: www.theage.com.au...
edit on 18-11-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Can't say as I do, nothing on the net other than Nazi base in antarctic, blah.... So nothing concrete I do remember that being referenced as a possibli-doom in one of the WW3 threads. One positing that Australia would be the center of WW3 because of its large share of Antarctic and the resources beneath them.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Regardless of who is covering what up in the past, shouldn't we be watching this now? I would think that they would start drilling up again soon and if within the next 6 months, if no new information can be found on what IS going on down there, wouldn't that be telling? I for one am very curious and would like to remember to see if there is any new information at least every couple weeks or so.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
WHY NOT SEND A DEEP SUB WITH A CAMERA INSIDE THE LAKE SMH@ the games here seriously and then SHOW what is really going on. Takes a few seconds to gather COLLECTIVE INSIGHT, pauses..... Just realized they already did nvm
Wonder if a light source has been detected of some kind

edit on 11/18/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

they haven't broken the ice yet, no camera has been sent down they are planning too... that is a Loooooonnngggg cord....

Read this and you can expect the same at Vostok just 10-25 million years older, as far as microbial life... it is food for thought that they may dig up something new.

www.mendeley.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Regardless of who is covering what up in the past, shouldn't we be watching this now? I would think that they would start drilling up again soon and if within the next 6 months, if no new information can be found on what IS going on down there, wouldn't that be telling? I for one am very curious and would like to remember to see if there is any new information at least every couple weeks or so.

Brother you said it, I have always kept an eye on Vostok myself, strictly because of the microbial content, yes the construction is fascinating, but until we get a good look at it, it is all supposition, I wait for its unveiling because I really am a proponent of previous ancient technological civilizations existing on this planet before us. What isn't supposition though is the science behind undisturbed life existing at the bottom of that lake, and no one can say it is going to mix well with ours, they are taking great caution in sampling though,what has taken so long to get the ok for drilling was the process by which the lake would be sampled the scientific team had to show that ZERO cross contamination and complete containment on both sides of the fence, meaning top side and contamination to the lake below, would be complete and successful.

They apparently demonstrated that to international community, because a little more time and we will have all kinds of answers about Vostok. Unless you know... It is a UFO or ancient city, then we wont know jack....

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by LanternOfDiogenes

A thread with a dead source and a small quote with nothing else? How is that "meaty"?

You missed the point of the my reference to that thread. The link worked at one time. The circumstances of the sudden evacuation of the Russian scientists is interesting, and imo a bit fishy, especially since his link no longer works, dont ya think?
The "meat" is in the other threads, which i suggested searching for in ATS. According to the limited information you provided, i assumed you did not know much about the subject. Therefore, I offered some additional reading for you... If you are interested. I too will be very interested to see how the Lake Vostok research unfolds.

SInce I suspect you didnt bother reading the other link i provided, here is the most interesting Vostok story imo:

Time vortex erupts As one bizarre event followed another, a research team of US and UK scientists accidentally came across a mind-numbing discovery. While working on a joint weather research project, the team witnessed the creation of a spinning vortex of time. US physicist Mariann McLein allegedly testified that she and her colleagues became aware of a “spinning gray fog” in the sky over their heads. They initially dismissed the phenomenon as merely part of a random polar storm. The spiraling vortex, however, did not disperse. Stranger still, despite gusts of wind and briskly moving clouds overhead, the weird spinning gray fog remained stationary. Deciding to explore the odd phenomenon, the group took one of its weather balloons and attached a meteorological instrument to it that calibrated temperature, barometric pressure, humidity, windspeed and a scientific chronometer to record the times of the readings. After attaching a cable to the balloon, and securing the other end to a winch, they released it. The balloon and instrument package soared upwards and were immediately sucked into the gaping maw of the swirling vortex. The balloon and instruments disappeared. Tunnel to the past After a several minutes, they decided to retrieve the balloon. Despite some difficulty with the winch they succeeded in bringing the balloon back to earth and checked the instruments. McLein stated that everyone was stunned by the readout on the chronometer. It displayed a date decades in the past: January 27, 1965. McLein claimed the experiment was repeated several times with the same result. Later, she said, the entire episode was reported to military intelligence and passed on to the White House. Presumably the strange vortex phenomenon—a highly magnetic tunnel to the past–was code named The Time Gate by military intelligence. As the phenomenon was generated in the same general vicinity as the discovery of the giant apparatus deep under the ice, it’s thought the two may be related. If indeed a magnetic time vortex is appearing and disappearing over Antarctica–and if the phenomena is not natural, but generated by some unknown technology deep under the icecap–it may reveal the physics of time and could potentially allow control of the past, and by implication the future. If true, it’s no wonder the military is so intensely interested and so closed-mouthed about it…

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well here in this of MANY links I found on the lake, there is nothing at all about a metallic ship or what ever it was called in the op. No alien ships here. If there were any enviornmental hazzard, maybe the russians nuked the ice to drill and thats the enviornmental hazzards of which they speak
But yes, it would be hevily protected as a HUGE source of fresh water which russia will protect until the US decides to take it away one day imo
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18-11-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by spoor

It seems as though your eyebrow has been raised... Mine sure has. Regardless of whatever evidence there is leading to what it looks like, what it could actually be, etc. The answers behind it will most likely be highly speculative even if there were pictures or more sources for these "claims".

I think it's great how you're trying to find some sort of proof but quit picking apart something that will remain speculation until all answers are given right in front of your face in a very visual and literal scale.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
When the Russians had to stop in February of this year, they were only 20 meters from reaching the lake. The drilling project is being overseen by Russia’s Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute (AARI).

The reason they want to reach the lake is because it has been completely isolated for over 15 million years. They believe that completely unique organisms may be found in the lake. If so, it would make the possibility of life on Jupiter's moon Europa much more likely.

Nothing classified or mysterious here. Just another scientific pursuit at the bottom of the Earth.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Back in 2003 i posted this information here on ATS under a different username about Lake Vostok that is animated :

www.earthinstitute.columbia.edu...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

I disagree. It's a topic that has peaked interests around the world from day one, yet we have very little information about it. Discovery has not touched the subject at all yet, which is rare. I feel that what information has come out is very small and lacks details. Seems suspect to me.

It feels very much like a lot of the projects the space program does. Information is scarce and specifics don't exist. Kind of like they're covering things up.

edit on 19-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join