It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else craving chocolate? (Subliminal messages)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I was reading this article about Cadbury trademarking their signature shade of purple (which is, in itself, a creepy occurrence), and immediately when I looked at the picture to the left, of a Cadbury milk chocolate bar, I felt an urge to go to a vending machine and buy some chocolate. At first, when I was considering getting chocolate, I had thought "Oh, what a coincidence that I started craving chocolate whilst reading this article." Then, I started thinking about whether it was even a coincidence. I am now questioning the negative results of the junior-high-school science fair project I did on subliminal messages that I won a blue ribbon with as a boy... Hahaha

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Cadbury is awesome chocolate, but who do they think they are trademarking a color... god? as for chocolate craving's, i don't need no subliminal advertisement for that i got cravings for it alot

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
You know what's really odd about this? Me and my brother were talking about telescopes earlier and then while surfing the interwebz, an advertisement on the side was indeed an ad for telescopes.....Very odd.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Terrorist

immediately when I looked at the picture to the left, of a Cadbury milk chocolate bar, I felt an urge to go to a vending machine and buy some chocolate......

......Then, I started thinking about whether it was even a coincidence.

It was neither a coincidence, nor subliminal.

Clearly, it was right in front of your face.

Nothing personal, but you did not deserve a blue ribbon.

Subliminal:

1: inadequate to produce a sensation or a perception

2: existing or functioning below the threshold of consciousness

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Terrorist

Purple®
Purple™

Nope. It just doesn't look right to me.
I don't think any organization or entity should own colors, in any aspect. I find this disturbing.

I'm never buying any of their products again.
edit on 18-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
After Cadbury's was bought out by an American company I feared there would be a change in their chocolate, for many months it was thankfully unchanged, it tasted as Cadbury's should taste (albeit not as good as it used to be when I was a kid).
Then a few weeks ago I bought a bag of bite sized Cadbury's caramels and bite sized Crunchies as I hadn't had chocolate for a month or so and they was on offer, what a huge disappointment, it had changed, sickly cheap tasting chocolate, I wondered if it was just the mini's so I bought a Dairy milk, yuck, what happened to my Cadbury's chocolate?
If that is what Cadbury's want to pass off as chocolate then they can do all the subliminal messaging that they want because it isn't working on me, that's for sure.

Oh and nobody can trademark colours, they are just promoting what they call the big purple one, its nothing more than a chocolate chosen as one of the favourites in a box of Roses to sell individually...as they have for YEARS!
oooh what secrets can you find next, maybe a green triangle.
edit on 18-11-2011 by keepithush because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The use of font can be as effective as color in producing an advertising effect. If you have ever eaten a product with a particular label before, you are more inclined to desire that product again by association with the label. Chocolate contains theobromine among other chemicals. It is biologically normal to desire it.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by camouflaged

There is a Kroger Blue copyrighted for the chain of grocery stores. It's pretty common.

I don't think you were Monarch purpled into wanting chocolate. I don't see people rushing out for suppositories after seeing a Preparation H ad.
You saw the ad, and decided for yourself, you wanted some chocolate.

(ATS, I love, because of all the nefarious schemes people dream up, and the over the top headlines.)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I think it is subliminal persuasion. I was watching TV in the 90's and there was a burger commercial on. I hadn't eaten meat for 10 years and never craved it. I found myself with my keys at my door, ready to get in my car and go get what I saw advertised. As my hand touched the doorknob, I realized that I don't even like burgers and that even if I chose to eat one, I wouldn't go get it from Hardee's. I'd get a bar burger and have a beer with it. So, that seemed like a foreign thought from the advertisement. I don't eat fast food. It's sub-standard fare. I'm a chef who can't stomach the people and conditions that create that garbage. I'd never eat it.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by keepithush

I totally agree about the taste, it has suddenly gone down hill rapidly.

I hate to say this to our American friends but USA chocolate is rubbish! I know you all like it but that is because none of you get to taste proper chocolate like we have in Europe.

Im from York and hated it when Rowntree's was bought. Thankfully it was by Nestle - yes they have some very unethical policies around the world, particularly the african baby milk scandal but they still know how to make chocolate! Im eating a Yorkie as a type this and taking delight in telling my daughter she can't have any as it is "not for girls"!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Hmmm my dressing room is Cadbury's purple but I can't stand Cadbury's rubbish.
It's rare I fancy chocolate full stop and certainly don't fancy it still after reading that.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I think sometimes your mind is just really susceptible to outside suggestion. The other day I was driving around town listening to the radio and a commercial for taco bell came on. I'm not really a fan of the food at all, but the 4th time I heard the commercial talking about how f-ing great the new "taco double meat suprise" or whatever it happened to be was, I figured I might as well try it. A greasy meal and a restroom stop later, I realised the error of my ways. Plain old advertising works, no subliminals needed.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by keepithush
After Cadbury's was bought out by an American company I feared there would be a change in their chocolate, for many months it was thankfully unchanged, it tasted as Cadbury's should taste (albeit not as good as it used to be when I was a kid).
Then a few weeks ago I bought a bag of bite sized Cadbury's caramels and bite sized Crunchies as I hadn't had chocolate for a month or so and they was on offer, what a huge disappointment, it had changed, sickly cheap tasting chocolate, I wondered if it was just the mini's so I bought a Dairy milk, yuck, what happened to my Cadbury's chocolate?
If that is what Cadbury's want to pass off as chocolate then they can do all the subliminal messaging that they want because it isn't working on me, that's for sure.

Oh and nobody can trademark colours, they are just promoting what they call the big purple one, its nothing more than a chocolate chosen as one of the favourites in a box of Roses to sell individually...as they have for YEARS!
oooh what secrets can you find next, maybe a green triangle.
edit on 18-11-2011 by keepithush because: (no reason given)

Big purple one ??

That aside, why bother with cadbury? personally i cant stand chocolate, horrible nasty sickly stuff. I can just about stomach a small piece of bournville or galaxy. If you must eat milk chocolate, ditch cadbury and go for galaxy.

top topics

join