It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Anual Small Business Saturday. Nov 27

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Small Business Saturday

Please note: Some articles are dated as far back as 2010.

The "Small Business Saturday" campaign on Saturday focused on social networking to get traffic into small businesses between Black Friday and Cyber Monday, two of the busiest shopping days of the year. Sponsor American Express has given 10,000 business owners $100 worth of free Facebook advertising to help drive online buzz and get customers into their stores. It is also giving $25 credits to American Express cardholders who register and shop at small businesses on Saturday.

www.ny1.com...
11/27/2010

"For every $100 spent . . . $68 returns back to the local economy from payroll and taxes to related business expenditures," Baxter said in a phone interview last week. That local return drops to $43 if spent in a big-box store, she said.

articles.philly.com...
11/21/2010

The event is not meant to discourage people from shopping at larger chains or online. Rather, its advocates hope to encourage consumers to dedicate a percentage of their holiday shopping budget to local businesses -- be it by having dinner at a local restaurant or buying gifts at neighborhood stores.

abcnews.go.com...
11/27/2010

I just saw a commerical on this and decided to have a search on ATS and couldn't find a thing.
It seems as though a nice deed comes from a big bank, American express. This was actually a date of spending (with credit cards please) that was started on Nov 27, 2010. I haven't really heard of such a thing but apparently they are boasting about their 2m likes on facebook. A few youtube videos, if you will?
Or skip down to some more pointless banter about my opinions..
Or better yet skip my banter and just post stuff after reading the title, that's always nice.
Anyways heres the videos, one is a commerical and the other is i believe advertising of theirs, perhaps it was created to just be informative.

The only thing that comes to mind is that if they REALLY really really cared, they wouldn't spend their time on a silly facebook page and commericals on youtube videos. Perhaps MORE advertising.
Or wait, what are you guys spending your money on?

Ah right can't waste precious toliet paper right?

And here's their fb page, can't forget.www.facebook.com...
This is pretty awesome but it just seems like a low priority for the bank. At least its.... something

Thoughts?
edit on 17-11-2011 by Anttyk47 because: Added date to title

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Also, i haven't seen any local articles on this however my effort on searching is moderate at best

It'll probably be the same as the older ones just advertising the date, so nothing important.

Another side note, i have noticed more than one small business owner on this site, perhaps you could give us your reflections on this date as apposed to others?

edit on 17-11-2011 by Anttyk47 because: (no reason given)

new topics

join