It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will Happen In Winter When Snow Is All Over But OWS Caused City Costs to Soar?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I don't think you have a solid grasp on the city's budget

NYC's budget for 2012 is a staggering 65 BILLION dollars

how is some officer overtime going to actually impact that ?

c'mon man, google before you post !!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
If they believe standing around in the snow all winter waiting for something to change, then they will get what they ask for.

If they got off their rears and put down the guitars and drums and actually went after the guilty parties that are the very supposed causes of this protest, then I'd think they'd get things done and can go home afterward and sleep in a warm bed.

See that's kind of the point.. The warm bed for a night is the opiate in this situation...

By staying downtown.l they keep their ideals alive more than they would sleeping in a warm bed

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Do you at least understand where i'm coming from?

Yes, I do.

I understand that we're not in complete disagreement.

I guess my feelings fall along the lines of "The perfect is the enemy of the good". In other words, if you try and wait until you have everything perfectly waxed before you start something you'll either never get started or the problem will become so bad in the interim that it will defy almost any attempt to solve.

Sometimes - you just have to get started.

I think the biggest thing the OWS protesters want is for those in power (government & private sector) to actually recognize the seriousness of the problems and begin working together towards some constructive solutions.

It's about shining as bright a light as they can on the things the "status quo" gang do not want anyone to pay attention to...

At least, that's my take on it.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

actually, around where I am at.....well, it wouldn't matter, they don't do much of anything with the snow anyways...but I do get your point....
what will happen when they come up short on funding for snow removal???
hey, maybe they won't have to lie about why it's not getting plowed this year???

or at least this year I might actually believe it when they tell me their budget problems are preventing them from doing their job, and maybe we should consider a tax increase to save the day...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
It is the governments responsibility to clear the snow. You don't own the city streets the city does that makes them responsible to keep them maintained. You want to live in the city? Then you pay taxes to keep the streets serviceable the same as it has been done since Rome started building roads.

The interstate is is the federal governments responsibility since its part of the interstate defense system originally designed to help move troops across the country. Yes that money comes out of your taxes. If you don't like paying for stay off the roads. Its a privilege not a right. You can find another way to get to work. buy a horse, you have to stay off the sidewalks too they count.

I hope that when the snow hits the cities the OWSers don't thaw out till spring. Maybe then we can be done hearing about it.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

What Will Happen In Winter When Snow Is All Over But OWS Caused City Costs to Soar?,

Betchya a box of donuts - The OWS will be sitting in their stinky germ filled tents ... picking lice of themselves to pass the time and pee'n their names in the snow .... all the while waiting for the city to come dig them out and whining because the snow removal trucks never come. They'll be too damn lazy to pick up snow shovels and do it themselves.

Originally posted by St Udio
i expect the diehard protestors of the 'Occupy' to eventually huddle in the only sanctuaries left
the churches....

I agree with that ... but they are also free to 'occupy Bellevue' ...
it would be the perfect 'sanctuary' for many of them.

edit on 11/24/2011 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join