It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Overwhelmed by Occupy Wall Street Protesters, Motorcycle Cops Retreat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Getting a little crowded down there. I especially like the 3:38 mark where a cop can't even move between cars and has to back away. Immediately I think "Stuck between a car and a hard place".

Mass confusion...

I believe that the police are now seeing something bigger than they are...

edit on 17-11-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Much bigger I'd say..When the snow starts to fly and the police can't use motorcycles and other equipment because of the season,we very may well see the heavy equipment begin to take shape on the landscape.

Tanks and larger vehicles that can manuever easier in the snow IMO will be the next round of the assault.Winter is coming and it will be historical.

Also in my opinion the city will get tired of paying all the money out in overtime and will cut back forces/officers over powerful equipment that can manage and control the populace all the while scaling down foot cops...Swat style military tactics.

edit on 17-11-2011 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2011 by Daedal because: added text

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
"Who's Streets? Our Streets"

See if it was my movement it would be something more actionable like..

"We want an end to these wars, we want to know where our money goes, we want an end to cronyism, if a president doesn't do as he promised he should be impeached'

Who's streets our streets means what?
There's absolutely zero message for onlookers

I'm just saying man, why block a street like that without even having anything to say?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
"Who's Streets? Our Streets"

See if it was my movement it would be something more actionable like..

"We want an end to these wars, we want to know where our money goes, we want an end to cronyism, if a president doesn't do as he promised he should be impeached'

Who's streets our streets means what?
There's absolutely zero message for onlookers

I'm just saying man, why block a street like that without even having anything to say?

I do have to agree with you...a bit.

While many do understand what it's all about, even more are just there because they know something isn't right and they need an outlet. The 'Our Streets' thing is a little confusing but in a sense, it makes perfect sense as they're right. They have a right to protest in the streets that were built with their money.

I just posted this on another thread. Maybe Charlie can help to lay it out for those that are 'almost' there.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I just posted this on another thread. Maybe Charlie can help to lay it out for those that are 'almost' there.

I agree with everything he said until he said this is why people are in the streets
No I doubt that more than 20% of people in the streets, maybe even not more than 8% of them would be able to repeat what he just said

And everythign he spoke about... the root cause is in washington and with lawmakers NOT wallstreet
So they are protesting in the wrong location with zero message

Personally I think that if I entered into a debate with 90% of OWS I would put them all to shame

Otherwise I agree with this guy said, but the majority of what he said is not why OWS is on the streets
I suspect that most of OWS "feels" that something is wrong but they never decided to educate themselves on what

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The vid looks like the front of the NYSE. Is that where they are?

Those tiny streets down in the financial district are like capillaries. It wouldn't take much to snarl them up beyond hope for quite some time. I doubt these people are organized enough to set up strategic chokepoints based on traffic flow, street layout, etc. but even just a dumb heard could make it hard for the wall streeters that don't have private helicopters to take them back and forth from the office. This will get attention.

I heard they were flooding the Brooklyn bridge earlier but I haven't checked up on the status in some time...are other areas of NYC getting impacted at all?
edit on 11/17/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
The vid looks like the front of the NYSE. Is that where they are?

Those tiny streets down in the financial district are like capillaries. It wouldn't take much to snarl them up beyond hope for quite some time. I doubt these people are organized enough to set up strategic chokepoints based on traffic flow, street layout, etc. but even just a dumb heard could make it hard for the wall streeters that don't have private helicopters to take them back and forth from the office. This will get attention.

I heard they were flooding the Brooklyn bridge earlier but I haven't checked up on the status in some time...are other areas of NYC getting impacted at all?
edit on 11/17/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

I think the bridge was last week unless it's started again?

Dunno...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

That's kinda hard to chant.

Anyways I just heard the mayor say not many protesters showed up, ha.

new topics

top topics

join