It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill would make wearing masks during riots a crime

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I was waiting for Mr. Fawkes to be brought up. That's what I immediately thought of.

Anyways, this bill is ridiculous. So, I can wear a Guy Fawkes mask to the grocery store & to pick up my child from school and it'd be just peachy? Just not to a riot? Okay - got it.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
why did reading this story give me instant flashes of "Point Break" ??
hmmmm, choices, choices ... Fawkes is getting over-used anyway, i'm thinking faces like Pelosi, Rangle, Waters, Cain, Nixon, Reagan, either Clinton, Carter, most any congress-critter ... you get the picture.
let's wear the face of the real culprits.

edit on 18-11-2011 by Honor93 because: typo
edit: to all my Canadian friends, whomever your culprits are applies ... am not naming names.
edit on 18-11-2011 by Honor93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by juniperberry

If you are taking part in a riot you are breaking the law, regardless of what you are doing. Simple solution is to get every one of those folks they can get their hands on and throw them in jail for 72 hours, no questions asked, no exceptions. They come before the judge in 72 hours and receive a $1000 fine with no bail. They stay in jail until the fine is paid. If thats 6 months, its 6 months. They need to put them in tents to accomodate the quantity, put them in tents. That would make these low lifes think twice about rioting.

Should they get someone who is doing something more serious, obviously they should treat them accordingly.

This is nothing but the evolution of what constitutes a legitimate protest into a riot. It harms the integrity of the legitimate protest.

edit on 18-11-2011 by dolphinfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by juniperberry

If you are taking part in a riot you are breaking the law, regardless of what you are doing. Simple solution is to get every one of those folks they can get their hands on and throw them in jail for 72 hours, no questions asked, no exceptions. They come before the judge in 72 hours and receive a $1000 fine with no bail. They stay in jail until the fine is paid. If thats 6 months, its 6 months. They need to put them in tents to accomodate the quantity, put them in tents. That would make these low lifes think twice about rioting.

Should they get someone who is doing something more serious, obviously they should treat them accordingly.

This is nothing but the evolution of what constitutes a legitimate protest into a riot. It harms the integrity of the legitimate protest.

edit on 18-11-2011 by dolphinfan because: (no reason given)

Great idea. Spend an undefined amount of taxpayer money holding some clown for an indefinite period of time for a thousand bucks. On top of that, give the police the same power the Gestapo had in Nazi Germany. Namely, the power to arrest and hold people with no judicial oversight.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
ETA: Our screen names are our masks, too. It allows us to speak anonymously in ways that we likely would not be willing to stand up in church and say. Some may call it bravery to decry child molesting in the middle of Sunday mass. Others call it disrespectful and stupid.

So one man's "coward" is another mans respectful, intelligent person.

That is a damn good point. For all the naysayers and tough talkers on this thread, would you openly post your real names and locations ? After all its just the Internet.

Saw this from another thread.....

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

brill
edit on 19-11-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
There is no way they can enforce the law if they are shooting tear gas at people.
Everyone has the right to cover their face if there is poison on the air....And tear gas is noxious stuff.....
The scarf that keeps out the gas is a human right.....
The police cannot charge you with a crime when they were the instigators of your actions which are merely self preservation.....
Is there any sense in them comming up with the pepper spray, and dousing people then arresting them for covering their eyes?
What about your hands?
I suppose covering your face from the fire hoses or the shotgun powered rubber bullets etc is gonna be an enditable offense?
These bogus laws are just blatantly about more control of everyone...in the name of a few bad apples.
I say take out the bad and leave the rest of us alone......or we will do it ourselves......

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
What is the difference between a guy in a mask breaking a window and rioting and some dummy that does it normal-faced? Nothing really. It's like charging someone convicted of a crime for not turning themselves in.

Next step, not leaving fingerprints when breaking an entering.

Not leaving semen sample when raping.

Not leaving SSN# when taking two pennies instead of one.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
In my country it is already illegal to wear a mask in public places,
And i agree that masks are for cowards.
If you have something to lose, and you´re not willing to lose it, then don´t do stuff
that might cause it to happen.
Take responsibility for your own actions.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
From my personal perspective, if there is something that outrages me enough to riot, I don't think I'll give a bloody flip weither it's illegal to wear a mask or not. Just sayin'.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
seriously?

so what's next on the agenda.. a bill making it illegal to wear gloves when doing a break and enter?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Oh something like that is in effect in Germany its called "Vermummungsverbot" = ban on wearing masks. Even if you try to shield you by any means against the use of force they put it against you and say you use passive weaponry! which of course is sanctioned ...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join