It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Who Shot At White House Faces Assasination Charges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Man Who Shot At White House Faces Assasination Charges

www.whptv.com

The man accused of firing shots at the White House is charged with attempted assassination. He appeared before a federal judge Thursday as investigators look for a motive.

21-year-old Oscar Ramiro Ortega-Hernandez made his first court appearance Thursday in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

He's charged with trying to assassinate the President or presidential staff.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
So apparently he really was shooting at the White House I stopped tracking this after they said it was a drug shooting. This guy sounds seriously whacked out, but honestly has anyone noticed every potential presidential assassin, or successful presidential assassin seems to be a whack job. Are they really all nuts or is that just how the media wants to paint them? Anyway thought I would share.

www.whptv.com

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Don't think any hit men will be hiring him anytime soon. He's suckie aim for an assassin.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Maybe they are just the right type of profile to have someone else "persuade" them to do it. On the other hand there are so many crazies in this world, add that to easy access to fire arms, it's surprising we dont see more of these type of events.

(That was a schizophrenic reply if ever I read one)

link   
don't you at least have to make visual confirmation of a target for it to be attempted assassination. this looks like an illegal discharge of a firearm within city limits and destruction of property.

if you don't know whether the president is in his house or if and where staff are in the building, how can you attempt to kill them.

link   
Hahaha Called it! in the first thread.

Except they haven't blamed it on Iran yet.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
And yet again, the assasin is referred to by his full name, including middle name.. spooky how that works out.

ok, I admit... that was just a "conspiracy theory" movie reference..

edit on 11-17-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I'm sure with a name like Oscar Ramiro Ortega-Hernandez there will find some connection between him, and some group that's opposing immigration reform.

It still surprises me that till this day there is no "real" security around the white house. The can use microwave technology to see me in my house, but a man with a gun, some time to aim, and take a shot, with a bullet mark actually found, seems to get right past.

I can smell "set-up" right away. I am surprised that this hasn't already taken the "speculation" route that was taken for Jared Loughner. Oops is it to soon?

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Totally ridiculous.

Any judge/jury with a brain will dismiss those stupid charges till they come up with REAL and SANE ones.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
don't you at least have to make visual confirmation of a target for it to be attempted assassination. this looks like an illegal discharge of a firearm within city limits and destruction of property.

if you don't know whether the president is in his house or if and where staff are in the building, how can you attempt to kill them.

I was actually wondering about that too. I guess I just figured it made sense as usually anything associated with that is usually heavily enforced. I mean if you make threatening phone calls about the president i bet you would be charged with something major as well. Whether you had any intentions of doing anything or not. I actually was joking with a friend that I bet there were a lot of KKK members picked up shortly after Obama was elected. Just because I could picture the phone calls.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I think the guy was mentally unstable.

other than that the WH is one giant kevlar mat in the walls and as they said bullet proof glass. I think they learned after the last unstable guy several years ago. That stuff happens in every country regardless of where you go.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Totally ridiculous.

Any judge/jury with a brain will dismiss those stupid charges till they come up with REAL and SANE ones.

I respectfully disagree. He will be found guilty of this and put away for the rest of his life. It will be easy to make a case that his intention was to kill the President even though the President didn't have to be there. We must protect President Obama, or any President for that matter, at all costs.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

The more famous ones appear to have been recruited and brainwashed so that they are not even sure whats going on. The perfect crime really

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
What can I say about this? Its wrong to take shots at the White House or the President. If you wish to protest, there are other ways to do this. Not take shots at the President or his house. Frankly, he sounds seriously unhinged. Perhaps he can be given the help he needs.
edit on 17/11/11 by arbiture because: correct punctuation

edit on 17/11/11 by arbiture because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
It is stupid to stick that charge on him. It is bound to fail.
Points to pounder:
Was the Pres visible through the window at the time?
Didn't the perp know those windows are bullet proof?
Did the distance from where the shot was fired allowed the perp to recognize any figure at the window?
Was there a figure at the window at the time the shot was fired?
(Wasn't the bullet's hole or imprint discovered later? Anybody in the room would have heard the noise of the bullet hitting the safety glass even it it didn't penetrate into the room.)
Did the rifle have a telescopic sight?
Was the perp a seasoned shooter or not?
Did he have a plan--or any at all--that made sense?

'Ain't no way they can make an assasination charge stick. But that type of tactic is done a lot in the law-and-order bussiness. It is a preliminary tactic to load the deck.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804

So apparently he really was shooting at the White House I stopped tracking this after they said it was a drug shooting. This guy sounds seriously whacked out, but honestly has anyone noticed every potential presidential assassin, or successful presidential assassin seems to be a whack job. Are they really all nuts or is that just how the media wants to paint them? Anyway thought I would share.

www.whptv.com

The first rule of any conspiracy, is say a nut did it. Sadly we really do have a lot of them.

new topics

top topics

join