It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New protest chants that may turn out to be "off the hook"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
So, I was driving home today from work and they were doing a piece on WNYC radio here in New York about people across the country marching and protesting. They had a couple of chants that they had recorded going on, one in NYC and another in LA. The chant in NYC sounded like a bunch of young men yelling.

"What does a police state look like?"
"This is what a police state looks like!"

The one in LA was yelling

"We are the 99"

The one in NYC, like I said, sounded like a lot of young men, but they were very strong sounding, it was full of passion and anger, almost as if the words were building up energy inside of these young men. Made me think it might be a little scary even to be a cop standing in front of these guys. Listening to it kinda got my blood boiling for a minute if you know what I mean.

The one in LA sounded like a bunch of old ninnies.

Okay, so chants create energy, they harness power, they purvey a message and they can become the symbol behind a movement in a way. They are the message, and they symbolize the power. It is not going to work if it is a weak chant, and it can very powerful if it is a strong one with just the right words.

Thought it might be a little fun and maybe a little educational to try and get a few opinions here at my fav hangout and see what you guys think they should be yelling out there. WHAT ARE SOME OF THE WEAKER CHANTS VS SOME OF THE STRONGER ONES? WHAT ARE THE FUNNIER ONES, AND WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THEM CHANTING IN FRONT OF THE MSM NOW THAT THEY ARE STARTING TO GET A LITTLE FACE TIME?

I would like to have a little carefree fun here, but I also believe that there could be some serious talk about this subject. I really liked the NYC chant they had going on and would like to see some of this kind of energy coming out of the group. There are a lot of you out there who think OWS is a waste of time, well what is a message you might stand behind if you heard it going on out there. I know the "police state" was one a few here might be a little proud to hear.

Come on folks, I know you've got some great ideas for the guys out on the street tonight, let's hear it... Stars for the best chants!

Any cheer leaders in the crowd?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by phoenix0714

OPEN YOUR HEARTS
OPEN YOUR MINDS

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Sorry, hate to say it, but, although it may be great message, that ones for the ninnies. need something stronger.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Well, you're definitely entitled to your own judgments,
but thousands of voices coming together united out of love
in my opinion
is thousands of times more powerful
than people uniting out of hate, fear and anger.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
In Vancouver I led a chant of "We the people have a voice, it's time our government listened" seem about right to sum up what is wrong, we speak, and are never heard. Well now's the time they should open there ears and listen.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Okay, you got me, that one would be great for a few million to march to while doing a cross country trek, I mean all the way across, chanting the whole time, that may bring awareness to the world in a big way, but what do you have for the unruly, soaked bunch that are facing off out in the streets tonight in the rain, something that will keep them warm. Give me something Hot and Strong like an espresso with tequilla hot and strong. These guys need it.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I have some good ones!

How about these……

• 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – WE DON’T KNOW WHAT WE STAND FOR!

• OCCUPY IS HERE TO STAY – GIVE US FREE STUFF OR YOU WILL PAY!

• 99% IS WHO WE ARE – WE’LL TAKE A DUMP ON YOUR CAR!

Do you guys like any of those?
It’s my intellectual property but I don’t mind if OWS wants to use any of them.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

See I knew this could be fun, I bet you would LOVE to see these guys chant this kind of stuff, but what could they say that might get your blood running hot.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix0714
reply to post by seabag

See I knew this could be fun, I bet you would LOVE to see these guys chant this kind of stuff, but what could they say that might get your blood running hot.

Well, the stuff they chant NOW gets my blood running hot.

Ya…..I’m tapped out for now! I can’t think of anymore??

But if you can get any of them to use the ones I’ve contributed so far please take video and post it here. I’d love to see it!

*****EDIT***** Though my contributions on this thread have been significant, I won’t troll anymore. I just couldn’t resist! Carry on!
edit on 17-11-2011 by seabag because: Disclaimer

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Brilliant.
Accurate.
On Target.

Applause

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
the march on brooklyn bridge now are chanting....

you're sexy, you're cute
take of your riot suit!!

I think we have a winner !

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmickat

Sorry, no good, that ones been lame for a while now. I think it lost it's steam after Portland.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

ahhh!! I am crushed had not heard it before .....oh well

new topics

top topics

join