It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GE Filed 57,000-Page Tax Return, Paid No Taxes on $14 Billion in Profits

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Actually not true, at least according to my attorney and CPA.

But the authority you're asking about is contained in a mind-numbingly complex series of Acts of Congress and legal decisions in case law, one build on top of the next. The staggering volume of this legal mess invites challenges from those who would like to find a single line somewhere that brings down the house of cards and proves it all invalid. It is true that it took several false starts before the legal foundation for taxing personal income was strong enough to make it a permanent source of revenue for the U.S. government. The first U.S. income tax, enacted in 1862 to pay for the Civil War, was repealed 10 years later.

Source

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Well, as far as I can tell, an amendment needs to be ratified by all the states. It seems this one wasn't. It also makes sense to bury this fact under a shed load of other laws.

I'm not saying they won't make you pay, just that it actually isn't a proper amendment.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
and the best part is since they paid no taxes on it but yet filed such a huge claim they actually are costing us even more money by the fact of the amount of hours that probably went into going over their taxes by the IRS. that is if anyone in the IRS bothers to check companies like this in the first place since what is the point... they aren't paying anything anyways so why check

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
at least they paid a few thousand in paper and ink to print those 57,000 pages.

Nope, it was sent in electronically.

Number 2's

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

This should be criminal.

The tax code doesn't need to be changed, it is far beyond the point where simple change can fix it. It needs to be scrapped and redone from scratch.

The only loopholes should be for small businesses grossing less than $500,000 a year and human (not corporate) persons making less than $35,000 per year. Those figures are negotiable, within reason.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
at least they paid a few thousand in paper and ink to print those 57,000 pages.

It was filed electronically, just a few cents for the electricity.

Oops, this is GE, they probably don't pay electricity either.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I completely agree with the OP. This isn't a reason not to proceed, but the tax laws need to be written specifically in a way so that GE can't determine next year the tax will cost us x amount, so we will increase the prices on our goods by x, thereby passing the tax on to us consumers.

simple, pay tax on gross margin. NO exemptions. I would also have a graduated corporate tax rate that gets higher depending on the ratio of the lowest to highest paid.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I think most people can agree that there are too many loop holes that need to be fixed. But, if I have to choose between GE paying taxes so that the government can waste the money or GE not paying taxes by making "investments in low-income housing, green energy, research and development", I have to assume that GE got more bang for the buck than if the government had spent it.

In other words, just because a company doesn't pay taxes, doesn't mean they didn't contribute to society.

I'm sure that if GE stopped investing in local communities all together (and started paying taxes) there would be people who would start complaining that GE is an evil corporation that don't care about ordinary people

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
GE has hired a string of lobbyists to ensure it pays as little tax as possible including one law firm made up for former officials from the IRS, the Treasury and almost all the tax committees in Congress.

Five Ways GE Plays The Tax Game (BusinessInsider)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
It's like this:

The IRS is the fireplace, and GE is the dude throwing wood into it.

You, regular people, are the wood, being thrown into the fireplace.

You can't have the wood-throwers get thrown in as well, or else the fireplace won't work. Who would resource the wood and get it into the fire, if not GE and the corporate bodies/persons?

Get it? You have to die, so that the corporate person can live, and create more "jobs". Sacrifice, let's call it. GE will live for 100s of years while you, the actual people and families, are toast. Now go sit down, and pay what you are told, and when appropriate, please quietly die. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I am wondering, do any of the members who starred and flagged this post have shares in GE?

If you invest in stocks and shares, you are part of the problem.

Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
We should all declare our home lives as businesses and start paying ourselves every time we clean, do the bookkeeping of our bills, pay our bills, drive ourselves or others places, fix something, maintain the lawn, etc.
After all, when we aren't working for "the man", we're working for ourselves.
This way, whenever we have to buy anything for our "home business" such as light bulbs, cleaning supplies, etc., it would be tax exempt. My neighbor could come over every so often and purchase an egg from me for a quarter and I could buy a stamp off her.

Also, we should all, or rather those of us who have jobs outside of the home, need to declare ourselves tax exempt on the W-4 forms. They can be changed at any time and it only take a few minutes.
edit on 17-11-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

I've done this kinda, gonna do it in a more extreme fashion next April though. I work online and make websites at home. Food and housing expenses.. gonna write em off this year. My new laptop last year? Wrote that off last year. My iPhone and monthly bills? Wrote that off last year too. Surely, all other expenses I can write off for some reason or another.

My dad is a corporate exec (surprising if you've seen all my posts in support of OWS... or not, if you think about it) and his company has meetings at Ritz Carltons and Four Seasons in the nicest tropical places all of the time, if they can write off all of those buisness trips (which are basically excuses for the execs to have free vacations, they could have just skyped lol) as buisness expenses, WTH has everybody been waiting for? He used to take me with him on his buisness trips. I would always get the movies and video games on demand in the hotel rooms because it would just charge to my dad's company, he wasn't paying for it.

Time for everybody to start writing it all off..

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Good for you!
Everyone really needs to think about this long and hard. When I was breeding rabbits, I wrote off all my vegetable purchases, part of my water bill, part of my electircal bill, and part of my internet bill. My bunnies are enjoying their retirement now, but people need to write off what they use for business and everyday life that has to do with their "income". Even people who aren't employed, they could still write off their internet time spent looking for a job. They could even include their "social networking" time since this is also used to find potential employment. Their phone could also be a write off since you can't get a job if the employer doesn't have a phone number to reach you at in order to schedule an interview.

Every person can do just what big corporations and the government does. You just have to sit down with a pen and paper and get creative.
Then, write the pen and paper off as a business expense.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

i hate this stuff too ...

buy Sony products?

and write off your own taxes ... same loop holes exist for YOU.
edit on 20-11-2011 by rschmfem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hello friends.

Right now on the Internets, you can read how the IRS is using the DC courts, to sue "tax evaders". These DC courts act as if they are imbued with the power of the COTUS. They are most certainly, not so empowered.

QUESTION: How many pages delineate the rights of a human, aka the so called "Bill of Rights".. How many pages is it, this Bill of Rights you hold so dear? Is it not the spine, if the thing called COTUS?

So if your rights, delineated, amount to one or two pages, and the General Electric tax return is 57,000 pages, then can you see the giant DERP which is staring you in the face?

If you are being raped, is it difficult to dislodge the rapist? That is a key question the courts have discussed, in their many, many, many salaciously detailed court cases on the issue of "rape". How much effort does it take, to dislodge the instrument of the raper? Courts have discussed this at length, yet they reach no conclusion. Isn't that interesting? I bet the rape case of tomorrow, will similarly fail to determine how much force it requires to dislodge the rapist, though they will cross-examine the raped, in detail.

Court is awesome. When are they bringing back the pressing-stones, for those who remain silent? You know some judges want it. Probably more than half. Especially when one considers the pressing of stones upon the man, to be like coining gold. For if a man testify is not his wording used against him, in court? Therefore, the judge knows, that to press the man with stones, produces a gold coin from the man's mouth in the form of his own voice, and which allows the man's property to be taken. The judge, all judges know this. and what's true is that some of them would, actually, press the human, in court, with stones.

Stones pressing gold from humans. True alchemy for Satan.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join