It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two cops fired over horrific video which shows them beating up suspect - then CELEBRATING

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Go to the link to watch the video. Couldn't find it on YouTube so no embed. WARNING GRAPHIC

Two cops have been fired after being filmed brutally beating a suspect then doing a celebratory chest bump. The shocking footage shows the officers holding the man down, punching him and kicking him in the head more than a dozen times. As he lies motionless on the concrete the officers move away - and bump each other in the sick celebration.

I'm actually very pro cop, but when something like this happens I think it important to spread around. This kind of abuse of power is rather frightening, and there is no excuse for it. The guy being beaten had apparently stolen a car, and tried to elude police. His record only shows a traffic violation. I believe police need to be held to a higher standard than ordinary citizens, and those that lose control or are overly aggressive need to lose their jobs. I'm lad these two clowns were fired, and hope they do some time as well. Hurr Durr chest bump two men just beat the hell out of one man while he was lying on the ground, oh yeah we bad, we bad.

Link

edit on 17-11-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

But.. they thought he had a gun, should they not hold him down and kick him repeatedly in the head until he stops moving, all this takes place while he is in handcuffs ofc.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This is disturbing . They should be arrested!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Don't worry, the tape is being reviewed to see if the officers should face any charges... Clearly they don't know if any crimes were committed here....

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
No no no , policeman do not partake in things of this type do they? they are our protectors, they are not a bunch of thugs are they? they are and should be allowed to do whatever theywant, whenever they want, and none of us should ever say a word, they have hard lives, constantly puting their lives on the line for us people preotecting us from all of the baddies out there. (sarcasm off)

Really i hope these pair of scumbags do some time also, when are the police going to wake up and see why they are employed and the terms under which they are employed, it is about time they stopped this kind of behaviour and we all know that if this had not come to light, they would still be out protecting us(doing the same thing on a regular basis) I hope they get the crap kicked out of them if they go down.

I am sure an LEO will be along shortly to tell us all how there is only a very small minority doing this. When we see evidence all around us that the majority should not be employed in this capacity or any other that is to do with protecting human beings.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dav1d

Totally. It's really hard to tell what actually happened, or if the officer kicking in the guys head was acting outside us of force guidelines.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
A night or three in general lockup at the local jail should mellow those thugs out. That is of course assuming they survive the nightly beatdowns by the other convicts.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcanem
A night or three in general lockup at the local jail should mellow those thugs out. That is of course assuming they survive the nightly beatdowns by the other convicts.

You are aware that will never happen? They are protected, will not be put in general population...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Which one is the "bad apple" and which one is the "good cop just doing his job"?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
ah, good ol' albuquerque p.d.
this was on the news here last night, and is now pretty much old news.
i've seen worse from them.
wasn't long ago they did the same basic thing to a guy in a wheelchair.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Of course they do not know if they want to press charges. Let me get this straight...Any ordinary citizen who did this to someone else would be in jail facing multiple charges, and these guys just get fired? They are the ones who abused their power and are supposedly held to a higher standard, since they have this power...

Yet they are immune from the laws they are tasked with enforcing? They abuse their power by beating the people they are supposed to protect, yet they don't know if they did anything illegal? WTF?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Already posted here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My thread has the video embedded too.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Showoff

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Let this be a lesson to you LOSER car thieves of the world.

This sort of thing CAN happen to you when you STEAL cars and get into car chases endangering the lives of others.

Dont do the CRIME if you cant handle the chances of getting roughed up.

Car thieves are SCUM.

edit on 17-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by brommas
No no no , policeman do not partake in things of this type do they? they are our protectors, they are not a bunch of thugs are they? they are and should be allowed to do whatever theywant, whenever they want, and none of us should ever say a word, they have hard lives, constantly puting their lives on the line for us people preotecting us from all of the baddies out there. (sarcasm off)

Really i hope these pair of scumbags do some time also, when are the police going to wake up and see why they are employed and the terms under which they are employed, it is about time they stopped this kind of behaviour and we all know that if this had not come to light, they would still be out protecting us(doing the same thing on a regular basis) I hope they get the crap kicked out of them if they go down.

I am sure an LEO will be along shortly to tell us all how there is only a very small minority doing this. When we see evidence all around us that the majority should not be employed in this capacity or any other that is to do with protecting human beings.

Perhaps that is why some police feel the need to drive around in a BearCat? Such as this,

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Please add to existing thread : here

Closed

new topics

top topics

join