It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why no pics of FEMA trailers allowed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I’m not sure what forum to put this in. I have a simple question, but I will also explain why I am asking.

Why would FEMA not want pictures taken of them setting up trailers for disaster victims?

I live in New York State and our area was widely affected by the September flooding. Our home was also flooded, and I have documented the events with photographs and video from the start of the flooding on through cleanup, which is still going on for many people. A few days ago, the infamous FEMA trailers have started arriving. Of course I wanted some pictures to add to the rest of my flood photos. I took some shots of a bunch of them sitting behind a warehouse by the railroad tracks near my house. My husband’s friend’s neighbors have one in their yard now, and the FEMA workers were doing work on it, I guess putting on finishing touches? I’m not sure of the process. My husband has been helping his friend rebuild his house and today I went with him to help. I brought my camera to take photos of the house and him working on it and decided to get some shots of the trailer and the workers next door. I took some pictures from a distance, then wanted some up close and from a different angle. Since the men would be in the pictures, I thought it would be polite to ask them if they minded. One of the guys said immediately, “No, you can’t take pictures. They tell us to not let people take pictures of us.” I said, “I wouldn’t get your faces in the pictures. I just want to document flood related stuff.” He said, “They don’t want people to take pictures. Please take them when we leave.” I said, “Why?” He replied, “I’m sorry Ma’am, they just don’t allow pictures to be taken.” I said, “Ok, sorry, thanks.” I then just went inside.

It didn’t seem like camera shyness. He was definite about pictures not being allowed and he used the term “they” more than once. It seemed that it was a rule of theirs or something. I am interested in speculation, but I also hoped someone from FEMA or someone else who really knows why would possibly reply.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hmm that is pretty odd. It certainly does not help FEMA dispel rumours flying around about FEMA depopulation and detention camps. It does seem though in the US that anything government related is paranoid about being documented. You should have told them that it was in public view and you will take pictures anyway as its in public its perfectly legal to do so and that they can either get out of the shot or be in it. Did they seem to be very authoritative with you? Like do you think they would have tried to take your camera away? Surely they dont have much authority being part of disaster relief?!?!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Did you get any cheeky sneak photos btw?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
You mean the poisonous trailers?

Maybe the fact that they are poisonous is the reason they don't want pictures.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
as said on ATS -because with no pics IT DIDNT HAPPEN-

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I don't live in America but I watch what's going there closely.

All I can say is there is definitely something sinister afoot. The whole FEMA camp thing is ridiculously obvious.
Why the barb wire facing inwards, why the black plastic coffins, why the secrecy?

It seems like whoever really pulls the strings and runs the show over there is playing a game with the population.

If you take all the weird unexplained stories/events/tragedies over the last 10-20 years and look at them closely there are an unprecedented amount of irregularities in the data, things that just don't add up It's written all over this whole forum and the entire world. What is America up to?

All I hope is that people with a similar view of the world who live over there make it through whatever is coming, and manage to make a difference when it comes time to change the way things are going.

Peace

PW

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

Because they are trying to sell them off on craigslist,that's why!
I even heard that some were donated to some native american
reservations a while ago.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

They didn't seem very authoritative to me. There were 4 of them and only the one is the one who talked to me as the others looked on. They looked like regular working people and the guy that did the talking seemed apologetic almost when he said they weren't allowed to be photographed. It didn't seem that they would have taken the camera.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

Hehe, I did take one more (for a total of 3) from inside the house using zoom. But, I didn't want to push it.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Poisonous? What do they use in them?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
CloudsintheSky may have some insight. He is dealing with the FEMA folks in Joplin, MO.

I know they have major jurisdiction problems. Drugs are rampant in the FEMA camps, and the local law enforcement has been prevented from serving warrants or enforcing laws, because it is deemed "Federal Property."

There are some major issues already developing in the relatively small and well-organized FEMA trailer camps in Joplin. It is very sad and concerning.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

The guy said take any pictures after they left though. Maybe that was his personal advice to me, so he wouldn't get in trouble for allowing the picture taking? I have no idea. But if you are serious, I wouldn't be the one selling it, so it shouldn't matter.

Honestly, though, how bad could they be? I spent part of my childhood living in a trailer, and not a classy one at that. I figure the people that have them should be happy for the shelter.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Ah that could be it, maybe, the Federal property aspect of it. This one was not in a camp though, just in their yard in front of the unlivable house.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

How do I make pictures smaller? ATS says only 500kb or smaller are able to be uploaded. These are much larger.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Open in Paint, then resize and save under a new name.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Thanks to getreadyalready I resized the pics so I could post them.

edit on 17-11-2011 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I really can’t contribute to the OP’s topic…

I will get the wife to ask the FEMA chiefs here in Joplin concerning their policies…….

I noticed today more trailers are being set up off Fountain Rd…………I may go noise around and see what the workers say this weekend………

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

The fema campers that I am talking about were the ones
made for fema after katrina in 2006.There were reports that
the campers were making people sick from toxic fumes.
Like I said earlier,I have been looking at campers on craigslist.
The ones that look like fema campers,I overlook them.

Before I met my husband,I was buying a doublewide and the lot
I put it on.I have no problems with campers and trailers.

top topics

join