It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC admits not a single person has died from consuming raw milk products in 11 years Learn more: ht

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PrimalRed

Many of those "heavily regulated" prescription drugs nowadays specifically state that a "possible side effect" is death. Personally, I think that that would be a direct effect, not a side effect.

I'm not saying that all prescription medication is bad, just that big pharma doesn't give a #e about what may happen to the people that take their meds, just about the profit.

It has been proven by people far more intelligent than I, that so-called 'clinical trials' are regularly rigged to show that the next new 'miracle' drug is far safer than it actually is.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dilligaf28

You feed the cat milk it doesn't go get it all of its adult life from another animal.

Barn cats will, every morning they will suckle from one of the dairy cows. So, no we don't necessarily feed the cat milk.

Also, if the cow, or farmer, doesn't make them stop, a lot of other farm animals will nurse off a cow.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalRed
But once again you have to look at some of these raw milk supporters and what they really want. Many of the supporters are under the idea that raw milk is illegal in places that it is not. Many of the smaller farmers are pushing to go unregulated. Meaning that they don't want to bother to test their milk before they sell it.

Every dairy farmer that sells raw milk from his farm in Montana tests his milk from each cow daily, before it is mixed with the milk from the other cows. Many of the larger farms have. by choice, gone to the expense of purchasing in-line testing equipment so that the can use milking machines on multiple cows at once and still have the milk tested per cow before it even gets near the tanks.

Admittedly, not all farmers are as honorable as others, but most won't even feed the milk to their families without testing it first.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Before I address your statements I think you should address part of mine that you have thus far ignored. I am speaking of my original statement about the ill health effects of drinking milk. You've focused on trivial parts of my argument twice now without addressing the very valid and true statement that milk has various adverse effects on the human body.

Would you care to refute the various findings of ill health effects of milk before we continue to discuss the remainder of my post/argument?

BTW I "moved the goal posts" on purpose to see if you would focus on that rather than going back and addressing the ill effects of milk, which you did. I find that interesting.

I will also be happy to address why your statement regarding the internet befits the description I gave it after you somehow refute my statement about the ill effects of drinking milk.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Iam a dairy farmer.Gee the BS on this thread is thick.
Been drinking FRESH (not raw) milk for years,straight from the VAT.
If i purchased the watered down garbage you call milk it would cost $800.00 a year for my family.I serve it to guests and they dont even realize!
Heaps of disinfo in this thread.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
how many sick almiish people have you seen . i used to live in wisconsin and can say i have never known any of the amish people in our area getting sick most lived into their 90 s.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

75,000 people DIE from alcohol a year.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Where are the jack boots when it comes to something so dangerous now?
edit on 17-11-2011 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

Guess what if you drink a gallon or more of water in a short period of time, you'll die! Why isn't water illegal?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Dilligaf28

Before I address your statements I think you should address part of mine that you have thus far ignored. I am speaking of my original statement about the ill health effects of drinking milk.

What do you want to hear, milk is bad for you?

BTW I "moved the goal posts" on purpose to see if you would focus on that rather than going back and addressing the ill effects of milk, which you did. I find that interesting.

No, you did it to support your failing argument,

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
People that suffer from asthma, hears an old wives tale for you.
When we first moved into the dairy community and people realized our son suffers from asthma,they told us straight away, Milk straight from the vat.
Since then, while he still gets it the attacks are not as severe.
I will keep an open mind on it.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

What I wanted to hear was you discuss the critical part of my post which asserted the dangers of drinking milk. Rather than offer any comment regarding that part of my post you decided to pick apart another less important part of my post; the part that small snippets of random occurrences allowed you to try to invalidate the general premise.

Btw welcome to ATS
I see your fairly new to the boards. You have a posting style reminiscent of past members and I must say I'm looking forward to other discussions with you.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I buy my raw milk from organic pastures of California. They produce high quality milk with pathogen levels several times lower than pasteurized milk.

I refuse to buy milk produced by sick cows on anti-biotics, walking in their own dung, eating GMOs in refineries.

I will only buy milk from happy animals that are well taken care of that get to eat as much lush green grass as they want.

Try walking into a milk refinery cow lot and start recording, I guarantee a security guard will show up in a minute to remove you from the premises.

Principled farmers will not hesitate to give you tours of their farm, record for youtube, play with the animals, do what you want.

Support local farmers, don't ever step foot into a major market chain again. Its truly liberating.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
My father always said - only natural products.

We thought he was a lunatic.

That man was right.

Sorry, dad.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

That is just it, it isn't regulated. Just like restaurants can't serve raw meat because of e. coli poisoning, your not allowed to serve raw milk because of bacterial poisonings.

But if a restaurant serves raw meat, since they are not supposed too, who knows what standards they are following.

Not to metion that if people are drinking it for health reasons, but it still comes from cows that are injected with nasty stuff and fed a gmo diet filled with renderred meat, they are better drinking pasteurized.

All that aside,

I have heard that if you haven't drank raw milk in your life, that you need to become acclimated to it. That you need to very slowly introduce your body to it, to build an immunity to whatever is residing in it.
That some of the problems come from people suddenly drinking it when the bacterial ecology in the body isn't prepared for it, like it would of been if you drank it since birth.

if people really want a healthier form of milk then the plastic jug in the store, go with Goats milk. It is closest to human milk.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I was fine drinking raw milk, I guess you wouldn't be used to it if the gut flora and immune system were completely F'd up but if you have a decent gut, you should be fine.

Drinking raw milk is no different than yogurt or other fermented foods.

As long as your source is good and follows good practices, you will be ok, heck, the longer you let it sit there, the HEALTHIER it is for you. We should really go back to our roots, know your farmer, know the source of your food.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

this is why i read and ask questions, what do you think great, great grandpappy was drinking back in the day, raw milk, butter, cheese all from raw milk,
edit on 21-11-2011 by bone13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join