It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOMacLeod reporting for duty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hey everyone, very happy to be here. I've been reading the articles/forums forever, but since I run my own site I hadn't signed up until now. EXCELLENT venue here.

fyi my claim to fame is this video:
www.youtube.com...

Biggest youtube video of July 2009, beating MJ's biggest vid the month he died. Whoa. Surreal.

Glad to be here!
Mac
edit on 17-11-2011 by UFOMacLeod because: youtube didn't work

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Whoa....definitely strange. Nice video. Did you film that or find it? And can you give more details on it? Strange how whatever organisms those are seem to react to light. I don't know ANYTHING about sewers so I wouldn't know if this is something that is commonly occurring but would love to know more.

Thanks for the video!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Thanks man, it is indeed bizarre! Its still in there, my attempts to get a permit to take it out have all been denied.

Here's an article on it: mashable.com...

Basically a city employee (water and power) leaked it to me through my website, and the video (after uploading) went superviral and I entered a public fued with the city of Raleigh and the University of NC biology dept (though they were far more civil).

Here's another: www.uforadar.com...

It was a very weird time for me. I just can't believe they never let me in to take it out and dissect it. I still plan on going, and bringing a cam crew. Its fascinating and the jury is still out on what it is.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOMacLeod

I remember that video and was wondering what that was found to be. Welcome to ATS UFOMacLeod
. If you have any info on what that was hope to see info on it in time. see you in the boards

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

LOL please......pull the other one dude.

These are worms....i forget what type but they are 100% worms. Il find a link and post it back here.

You cant fool us dude...good try...but no where near good enough

EDIT: Tubiflex worms...google them

please push your hoaxes elsewhere

edit on 17-11-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

EDIT: To add more information

en.wikipedia.org...

Tubifex tubifex, also called the sludge worm, or sewage worm, is a species of tubificid segmented worm that inhabits the sediments of lakes and rivers on several continents. Tubifex probably includes several species, but distinguishing between them is difficult because the reproductive organs, commonly used in species identification, are resorbed after mating, and because the external characteristics of the worm vary with changes in salinity. These worms ingest sediments, selectively digest bacteria, and absorb molecules through the body wall.

edit on 17-11-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Welcome aboard UFOMacleod...

Glad you've decided to join THE crew.

Collectively we make a rather large looking glass upon the world in which we live.

Your input is welcomed with respect and courtesy....well most of the time..

Cosmic..

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. I remember that video. The most revolting unknown thing I've seen

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
My first thought was Tubifex worms too, I can't believe that video went that viral.
Welcome to ATS, please enjoy your stay....

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

Welcome aboard UFOMacleod...

Glad you've decided to join THE crew.

Collectively we make a rather large looking glass upon the world in which we live.

Your input is welcomed with respect and courtesy....well most of the time..

Cosmic..

Hey, thank you very much! Love love love it here.

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
please push your hoaxes elsewhere

If you take the time to search various articles and interviews on the video, you'll see its not 'definitely' tubifex worms. If it is its a gross mutation, its similar in color and that's all. And also that's a cheap shot saying its a hoax, the city of Raliegh's Public Works Dept has released statements on it saying it is real, and that's a city watermark on the video. Its not a hoax, its just a highly strange 'thing' caught on video. I'm perfectly willing to spar/debate the merits of what is it, but avoid the cheap shots if you want me to take the time to respond. Thx.

Mac

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

If you take the time to search various articles and interviews on the video, you'll see its not 'definitely' tubifex worms. If it is its a gross mutation, its similar in color and that's all. And also that's a cheap shot saying its a hoax, the city of Raliegh's Public Works Dept has released statements on it saying it is real, and that's a city watermark on the video. Its not a hoax, its just a highly strange 'thing' caught on video. I'm perfectly willing to spar/debate the merits of what is it, but avoid the cheap shots if you want me to take the time to respond. Thx. Mac

Im not bothered whether you respond or not to be honest.
You have 8 million views on the vid so you are obviously the expert on sewers lol

Its obvious what it is. Im sure had they taken a sample it would have also proved it. But seeing as these are quite normal in sewers i doubt they took the time to analyze it further.

If i were to stick a camera in a sewer im sure i could find the same thing.

Not an alien, not a new creature, the same worms have been living in the sewers since they were built. Its only since the rise of the internet we get to see things like this. Just because it looks weird doesnt mean its not normal.....i could show you many things, and you wouldnt be able to tell me what they are.

8 million views....kinda shows how ignorant the public are.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Aww come on. The public watched it same as they watch David Attenborough. We like to see strange creatures and stuff we don't see every day. Watching this video ruined my hiding place for WW3 though. I was planning the sewers but that's now right out the window.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

You should work for the city of Raleigh, they misidentified it publicly and the University of NC bio dept admitted on the news that 'its really weird' then added that the closest thing they could think of was tubifex. Also Proseiben (a huge German tv show) did a full episode on it, they interviewed me for it, and they were only 90% in the end (with full scientists hired to show examples) that it was some form of tube worms. I'm glad you are so certain, its everyone else that isn't.

top topics

join