It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS, why is it...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Why is it OWS continues to label the violent and illegal actions of their own movement as part of some "small minority that does not represent OWS" Yet when people get arrested for vandalizing and assault they are once more taken back into OWS and called peaceful protesters?
Does anyone else find it odd that according to OWS none of these "violent protesters" have ever gotten arrested only the "peaceful ones".
There is a huge double standard with OWS. They can claim to be 99% and use the actions of a small number of the 1% to judge an entire group of people yet in the same breath they can shove responsibility of their own illegal actions on some other group within themselves. That is unless they have video of the vandals getting arrested then they are peaceful protesters.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Lol, watch the live streams, every time someone does something or suggest something violent, the whole crowd starts chanting "peace" - I've watched it many times. Of course not all the violent people are infiltrators, you know most people at OWS don't believe that or even say that. A few do, most don't, but the diversity of the people and ideas there is what gives it power.

That really IS the mentality of OWS.

You are spreading disinformation to further your personal vendetta against OWS.

Anyone can tell for a fact your using dis-info by your technique of generalization... A clear give away.

Watch the live streams.
edit on 17-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I agree with Cream here. You have no evidence to support this first off and second off, just watch the live feeds. They are opposed to violent opposition to the police.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Yeah i watched the live streams, people do illegal stuff and the crowd does not support it. But when it comes time for the police to come in and arrest people doing illegal actions they are called "peaceful protesters" being unjustly arrested by the police.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
No one has been chanting Peace in any of the OWS videos I've seen.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalRed
Yeah i watched the live streams, people do illegal stuff and the crowd does not support it. But when it comes time for the police to come in and arrest people doing illegal actions they are called "peaceful protesters" being unjustly arrested by the police.

I have yet to see that happen, I have seen people do illegal stuff rarely, but I have not seen the crowd support them. I have seen a LOT of peaceful protesters that weren't actually doing anything get arrested though, that's for sure.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Because the actions of a few end up bringing the hammer down on the peaceful.
One bad egg can get 100 good eggs arrested.

Whats your point?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
No one has been chanting Peace in any of the OWS videos I've seen.

Look harder.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Why is it OWS continues to label the violent and illegal actions of their own movement as part of some "small minority that does not represent OWS"

The better question is why do pro-OWSers keep saying "Why would you be against a movement trying to change something" when these guys are just turning a private park into a tent city and occupying the consequences of corruption instead of the source of it while having absolutely zero focus, zero list of demands and a bunch of confused and angry individuals?

I mean for a true intellectual isn't that the important question to be asked before yours?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
look at those evil riot police firing tear gas into a crowd of peaceful protesters!

Now watch the "small group" of violent protesters committing acts that "OWS does not approve of"

Moral of the story: Violent acts are not supported unless there is a video of you getting arrested or gass'd, then you are a peaceful protester.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Why is it OWS continues to label the violent and illegal actions of their own movement as part of some "small minority that does not represent OWS"

The better question is why do pro-OWSers keep saying "Why would you be against a movement trying to change something" when these guys are just turning a private park into a tent city and occupying the consequences of corruption instead of the source of it while having absolutely zero focus, zero list of demands and a bunch of confused and angry individuals?

I mean for a true intellectual isn't that the important question to be asked before yours?

Bringing a little awareness to the masses is never a bad idea,
considering the entire world is #ed.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

look at those evil riot police firing tear gas into a crowd of peaceful protesters!

Now watch the "small group" of violent protesters committing acts that "OWS does not approve of"

Moral of the story: Violent acts are not supported unless there is a video of you getting arrested or gass'd, then you are a peaceful protester.

Can you prove they're the same people?
OWS or Oakland cannot control what someone names a video.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Oh yeah "change something", their latest effort to make "change" is laughable.

tv.yahoo.com...
What do Change.org and Occupy Wall Street have in common with some Kardashian haters? They all are organized groups of people trying to get something done — in the Kardashian case, they want the reality clan off of television for good!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Oh yeah "change something", their latest effort to make "change" is laughable.

tv.yahoo.com...
What do Change.org and Occupy Wall Street have in common with some Kardashian haters? They all are organized groups of people trying to get something done — in the Kardashian case, they want the reality clan off of television for good!

Thought the point of ATS was to deny ignorance
I get 80% of my daily ignorance from ATS. Odd.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

Can you prove they're the same people?
OWS or Oakland cannot control what someone names a video.

OWS cannot control anything, this is part of their problem and exactly what im talking about. Since OWS is so disorganized and now just a mish-mash of different groups adding on their own social agenda OWS. They have set themselves up to be in a position where they can take credit for everything they want and blame the unwanted actions on smaller groups and say that they do not support it. Just like bank transfer day, they protested at wells fargo then turned around and made a $20,000 deposit at the bank they were protesting.

link   

A lot of people on the live feed specifically have said they want to end the military industrial complex. That is a demand I agree with and what I think the world needs now. The fake operation in Lybia was the last straw for me www.youtube.com... So I can agree with the occupiers on that demand.

A goal everyone down there agrees on is just opening the discussion about our broken system, because we have not been able to have that discussion on TV. Basically everyone with any control in our media and government is a member of the 1% - they are over-represented and that is the problem.

Other than that, the ONLY stated objective is revolution.

Haliburton Cheney, Isider-Tading-Pelosi, Warlord-Obama, Goldman Sachs Execs, and many others are acting in ways that detriment the people. These people are no longer being held accountable by the government, the media, or the people.

Time for that to change. OWS is has reached critical mass and is only growing.

link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
Bringing a little awareness to the masses is never a bad idea,
considering the entire world is #ed.

It's so funny that you say that while being unable to define the awareness that they bring to the table
2nd line

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Link & gif is the same thing. Gif is not permanent. It will self destruct within 24 hours.

OWS

edit on 17-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join