It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tenant/Landord Legal Question. Please Help!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheInterceptor

www.courts.ca.gov...

sounds like you got screwed from many angles. You can sue them without an attorney, Ca has a pretty decent self help center. The clerks in most courts are usually pretty helpful and kind.
I think you could even have a cause against them for over charging on the security deposit in the first place.
edit on 17-11-2011 by outandopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by outandopen

Thank you for the information. I have never needed to go to these measures before and realy need some guidance. Thanks for the link again, i will look at it right now.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by outandopen

Depends on whether the unit was furnished or not, and whether there was a waterbed.

www.dca.ca.gov...
edit on 17-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Wow they have no right to hold your deposit plus a judge will usually double the amount in punitive damages for unlawfully withholding your deposit. Sue them in small claims...it is so easy and any 5 year old can go through the process. Don't waste your money on an attorney for something this easy....My husband is an attorney and he is always telling people to do it themselves because it really is that easy.

No record of pre and post walk through no receipts of work done no proof easy case! What a scoundrel she is.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

did property management in Cali, they cannot charge you for a new door the can only charge to repair it unless the dog clawed through actually making a whole. As for the screen how was it torn? By weather or by a person, weather would take liability out of your pocket. You have the upper hand pictures are great evidence. As I said you file suit first you will probably win and the management would have to pay your cost to bring it to court plus if you work and have to take court day off they would owe you that also. File for a.judge to hear your case then call manager and tell them, chances are they will back off you if they say they would leave you alone make them give you a signed statement verification, then drop the case.
I lived in a house the well pump went out after 3 months, law say 24 hours to fix it, 2 weeks later I brought a letter declaring they exceded their legal time and I hearbye end the contract, I also said in letter I want all deposit and rent I payed while living in the house, plus electric payed, pump ran 24-7 all the time, management realizing if we went to court they would had payed me the value of the 1 year lease, if I broke the contract I would be liable for one year rent. Anyhow I got what I TOLD them was legally due back to me without going to court. Use strong mid tone words, don't anger stay professional, you hold the upper hand go use your rights and back themdown

top topics

<< 1   >>

join