It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine if the people actually had a voice.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Imagine if we had a say in every activity going on in our country. Imagine if every person in the world had a say in every activity going on in other countries.
Do you think there would still be wars? Probably not.
Do you think there would be poverty? Probably not.
Do you think there would be inequality? No.

There are countless acts of inhumanity being perpetrated by the people we elect. Come election time, we hope that we are electing someone who we can trust, but this is never the case. We hope that we are electing someone who will represent us benevolently, but that never happens. We hope that we are electing someone who will do right by the people, but whenever they take their seat in the office, they do things that the people have no voice in, and if the people did, those unlawful actions would not have taken place.

We are not citizens of a democratic country, we are expendable pawns in a game most of us don't even know we are playing. We live in a country that, because of the actions of the people in charge, our lives are in danger. And its all for something no one here has agreed to. Do you really think world peace is a pipe dream? Only if you let the people who are in charge run this world to the ground as they do.

Imagine if people had a voice. There would be no inhumane crimes perpetrated by what we call OUR country. I really hope we can soon get it together and have a say in world affairs for once. For the sake of our children. I just don't see the point of all these issues that we are subject to because of private agendas.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Whilst we have a system that is based purely on greed(money) then nothing will ever ever change. People are corruptable, i can kind of understand why a certain famous person said that "money is the root of all evil" and completely agree with the statement. What if we did not have to buy things? what if we just all worked for the betterment of human beings in everything we did, no you are right not gonna happen, but i can dream.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
You do, but once they make internet censoring it's all over. Why do you think these FEMA camps are everywhere? For the Occupy Protestors.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Believe it or not, you DO have a say so in everything this country does.

It's called being active in your Representative Democracy.

Write, call, and meet with your Senators and Representatives often.

Hell, you can even set up a PAC (remember SarahPAC?) and raise money and lobby the government.

You just have to get off the internet for a little while, go outside **GASP** (btw, that large yellow thing in the sky isn't Nibiru, it's called the sun) and go do something.

It's amazing what you can do if you leave your house and go get involved with your government.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Yeah raise money for the crooks, or just turn yourself into them by lobbying for what you want...

WTH? This is no way to make a stand... and you will just end up with another puppet in office. Life is the way it is because we never looked for the big picture. All our past reps have done nothing to preserve the future because they never saw the danger that was lurking, and that's the way they planned it. "The Silent Weapon"

Sure you can run around and raise money to support who you "think" is going to represent you the best, but in the end it's still going to a puppet who can be bought and sold for less then kids use for lunch allowance...

Bankers and CEO's run this land...

"Beam me up Scotty. There seems to be no intelligent life on this planet".
edit on 17-11-2011 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I do have a voice and it's LOUD!!!

I believe Truth in Accounting is a good place to start and the information they offer helps me feel empowered....
Check them out here: Source

Ask your congressional candidates.

What is our current national debt?

How much money do we owe when it comes to unfunded promises? Isn't that debt as well?

Do you believe that our current budget deficit and unfunded liabilities are serious problems that need to be addressed?

What is the amount that we owe in terms of unfunded liabilities like Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security? How do you plan to pay for these liabilities—and how do you plan to deal with the fact that they are growing every day?

How much do we owe in terms of promises made to retirees, to seniors, and in terms of future health care? Are any of these promises funded? With what money?

How much will the promises that you're making in your campaign cost? How will you fund these proposed programs?

How do you plan on funding benefits for the Baby Boomers who are now beginning to retire?

Do you have a plan when it comes to balancing the budget? What is it?

When you make proposals for new programs, do those proposals include how much the programs will cost, how they would be funded, and with what money?

Will you raise taxes or cut spending in other areas to fund your proposed programs? Which specific taxes would you raise? Which specific programs would you cut?

How will our unfunded liabilities impact future generations?

edit on 17-11-2011 by relocator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

Believe it or not, you DO have a say so in everything this country does.

It's called being active in your Representative Democracy.

Write, call, and meet with your Senators and Representatives often.

But what good would that really do? People do that all the time, and we are still in conflicts that the majority don't want to be in. THE MAJORITY DON'T WANT TO BE IN THEM AND WE ARE STILL IN THEM. That should be proof that democracy is dead.

Even if I did go stick my head up some politician's butt and hang out with them for a while, they would still be harboring their private agendas and only making it look like they gave a crap about what the people say. All politicians want is that paycheck and that power. Most of them don't care about the issues, or if they do, they're caring about the wrong ones for the wrong reasons.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SmArTbEaTz

and you will just end up with another puppet in office.

Indeed you would, you would end up with YOUR puppet in office, doing what YOU want them to do. Sit back, and think about that for a moment, then tell me how stupid of an idea it is.

Don't hate the player, hate the game, and you wouldn't hate the game if you played it.

But what good would that really do? People do that all the time, and we are still in conflicts that the majority don't want to be in. THE MAJORITY DON'T WANT TO BE IN THEM AND WE ARE STILL IN THEM. That should be proof that democracy is dead.

It's not dead, it's just massively underused. The reason that we appear to have no control over our government is that the vast MAJORITY that you are talking about just whines bitches and moans about stuff and doesn't do a damn thing about it.

Now if you had every single person in this country writing, calling, and visiting with their representatives, you would see a massive change. If the population actually woke up and took part in their governments instead of the lobby groups, the politicians would be working for the people again.

Apathy and ignorance is what does the most damage to this country, not special interest groups, and not the politicians themselves.

The problem we have is that we let go of control over our government. And NOW you're pissed? Well, whine, cry, and act like a spoiled little brat all you want, see how far that gets you to changing this country for the better.

OR

You can man up, take some personal responsibility and start participating in your government and stop acting like a prima donna. It's your government, always has been, always will be. But your voice doesn't count for squat if you don't use it. They aren't mind readers, they are going by what lobby groups and old people who do participate tell them what to do.
edit on 17-11-2011 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Yeah you keep thinking that...

Just because you tell a dog to jump it doesn't always do it. SO unless you are a CEO or a banker I'm sorry but you aren't controlling diddly... and when your money runs out so does your worth... and there went your change...

You apparently are still stuck in the "Vote to make a change" mindset. Well that's okay, for sheeple. As for me I understand the system is corrupt and it won't change until you rebuild it from the ground up. Otherwise you will still have the same issues pop up after he get JKF'd or turned by the MIC...

Say it won't happen and I'll show you countless times it did...

And the Illusionist takes a bow...

You can man up, take some personal responsibility and start participating in your government and stop acting like a prima donna. It's your government, always has been, always will be. But your voice doesn't count for squat if you don't use it. They aren't mind readers, they are going by what lobby groups and old people who do participate tell them what to do.

They go by who ever donates the most. GET REAL. Haven't you ever seen Distinguished Gentlemen with Eddie Murphy? That's how things are done. It's all a con game and your vote, going out and bitching to their face, on a web site, or in a court of law is not going to change crap. Your living in their controlled world so you better just sit back and wait for your hit points to run out so you can go on to the next game.

For there to be a new beginning there has to come an end first...
edit on 17-11-2011 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Al Gore called

He managed to gasp out "You're wrong" in between fits of giggling and laughter. Then a solar flare knocked out phone reception : /
edit on 17-11-2011 by Resinveins because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Burn it before it burns you. Man has surrendered his responsibilities allowing those who assume it to do as they please. Man occupies his own streets expressing disdain for the results of choices that have been enacted on his behalf. The enemy is unknown until the fire that casts the shadows begins to wane, this is the allegory of the cave, this is the age of the prince, the great work by Niccolo is but one looking to the fire. Everything is given freely as a whole, it is Man who divides and prices. If Man were to learn to fish again perhaps the world would be saved.

new topics

top topics

join