It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here to share my thoughts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I've been "lurking" around in these forums, and just in a generality of the site, for a while now. I figured it was time to join.

My name is Harry. I enjoy sharing my thoughts a lot. I'm open to new ideas and I giving out my opinion and what I believe in are some of the best things I'm good at.

I'm hoping that my "stay" here will be a good one and that I can spread some of my thoughts to others at least so they can understand my position in an argument.

In my opinion, in an argument, it's not always about who's wrong and right but the fact that you understand both sides.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by GiftingMyThoughts

Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

~Keeper
ATS Moderator

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Thanks. I'm going to guess that's some kind of general message xD. Either way it seems helpful enough as a introduction rather than feeling like I'm just ignored. So far, from what I've read from many of the members, people find it much easier to share their opinions here than other places. This is the internet but even online people do still find difficulty in sharing opinion. I actually didn't even know there were these rules, otherwise I would've joined sooner. Mainly because of this: "No Shorthand: Please do not use "txting" shorthand in your posts, this is an international site and many people may not understand your post. " I've literally received headaches from trying to read terrible "English"

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

You're welcome. That is a general template I use just to get you new member started, there's a lot of stuff that needs to be covered, as this is a very big place.

We certainly do emphasize the importance of proper English, however being an international site, we don't want to come off as the grammar police.

Really there's only a few rules that need to be kept in mind.

Be civil.

Alert posts that violate the Terms & Conditions to the staff & do not respond to those posts.

Otherwise ATS very much encourages the discussion of multiple view points and intelligent debate, which can only be achieved if we are all nice to each other.

~Keeper
edit on 11/17/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/17/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Welcome, Harry!

Enjoy!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. But probably don't ask me (I haven't been a member for very long).

What kind of topics do you like? I enjoy political and theological discussions.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Hello Harry and Welcome to ATS !!

Hope you'll have fun & enjoy !

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by EPH612

Welcome to ATS. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. But probably don't ask me (I haven't been a member for very long).

What kind of topics do you like? I enjoy political and theological discussions.
Well, to be honest, I have a vast general knowledge on a lot of topics. For me, it's not a matter of what topics I enjoy, it's a matter of which discussions in a generality. Basically, it hardly matters for me. It's more of a matter of what I feel comfortable with.
Personally, I like to argue with people and play this game with them: In every argument, there are at least two sides. Yourself being one of the sides. In this argument, can you prove yourself correct or does your "opponent" have more valid points? Coming out of this argument, you want to make sure you know two things. 1.Who won/why they won. 2. The understanding of the opposite side.
So if I feel comfortable in a discussion and feel my point is valid, I'll always express my thoughts in detail.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Harry, I think I'm going to like you. Best wishes!

new topics

top topics

join