It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids coming up with odd things, need your thoughts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

Hehe, yes, no I know kids do that, my own little one, the first excuse she came up with, was it's the mozzies, she can hear them (she has a mosquito net, so that one didn't fly), next she said, but she can't sleep, so I said, she was sleeping not even 5 minutes ago, then she said, no she had a nightmare, so instead of countering that or dismissing that, I asked her straight if she's looking for a reason to come sleep with me? She was quiet and then she said yes. Last week when this started, there really wasn't much to it, her explanation was simply, she's alone, so she was looking for a reason. So I figured, ok, she probably just needs a little extra security. Her hysterical behaviour last night however and the eating and the bubbles, now that has me concerned. I think there's something, that's making her feel alone, and she's not sure how to explain herself. That's what my motherly instinct is telling me. I'm going to need to find a way without leading her, to get what it is that's bothering her, out in the open so she can talk about it.

If this was isolated, I wouldn't have made this post, it's that it's building up, more kids are talking about the parents getting eaten and the kids being alone. These kids seem very concerned about the grownups in all of this.

I will, although, this started a month ago, so it's not like there are things happening daily. Just these random out of the blue things, that are the same in each child.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Lol, I don't know if she actually means bubbles, I think she's trying to describe something that's she's finding that she has difficulty finding the words for. She was standing here trying to describe using her hands and arms, so I asked her like a submarine? No she says, not like a submarine, smaller, like bubbles but not too small, and they seem flexible? I don't know, what she was doing with her hands and arms made it seem like she was trying to describe something flexible, but really strong and can't break. weird.

I will if something else comes up. These things are not like a daily occurence though, but I will.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Yeah, that's what we thought too when this all started, but now three kids, unrelated to each other, all come up with the same thing dragons eating people, adults more specifically, leaving the kids alone. There are key elements here, dragons, the removal of adults, and kids being left on their own to their own defenses, they are alone. This seems to be the theme with all of these odd stories. Two of them, don't have dragons anywhere in their lives, not movies fairy tales games or anything along those lines. For them to come up with this is rather odd.

Do the kids interact with each other? Maybe this is something they came up with together, and it's a bonding thing between them.

Unless there's something supernatural going on, there are likely inspirations for this around someone's house...like a stuffed animal dragon, bubble set, picture of the moon, etc. Kids like to make up stories and can flesh them out to an amazing level of detail if they are imaginative.

Do they ever watch the cartoon Dragonball Z? This show has some of the elements you describe.

If you do suspect a supernatural cause, it seems to be a fairly weak entity, and would probably be banished from a simple cleansing ritual, if you have faith in such things. You can look up how to do it, but most involve burning sage and anointing doors and windows with a substance such as olive oil, holy water, etc.
edit on 17-11-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Minori

Thanks for looking into that, I'm kind of running around here while I'm at the same time trying to take care of this thread

i will definitely look into it, thanks
I didn't think of looking into the symbolism of dragons.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Minori

We really have no clue what 'she who walks' means.

All I can find are vague references to ancient goddesses.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Kids do come out with some bizzare and hard to explain stuff sometimes though.

I remember years ago I was visiting a friend who had a 4 year old daughter.

Her daughter kept saying to me, amongt all the other burble that kids come out with "Your cat has got blood on your jeans. He has you know. Blood on your jeans". I checked my trousers, told her "No hes not, they're clean" and so on but she insisted that my cat had got blood on my jeans. She finally gave up and I just put it down to kids being weird like that sometimes.

Anyway I got home later that day and the cat had brought me in a nice present. A bleeding, dead pidgeon which he thoughtfully left for me on top of the washing pile.

Guess what piece of clothing he left the bloody carcass on?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

No, definitely not, the wedding was my friend's mother getting married, and nobody agrees with this union, there really is no love lost there. It's a long story, but there are a lot of hard feelings. The little boy is a child of one of the friends of the groom, so her daughter and this little boy don't even know each other.

Hers and my daughter are quite close, when the get they chance to see each other. The thing is, because we live so far apart, there really is only contact between the two girls max about once a year, usually around Christmas and last year it didn't work out that way, so the two girls really haven't seen each other since we arranged a school outing for them together to go to a pond about middle last year. They had to find little bugs and tadpoles and all that stuff. We don't work on the same school system, but this lesson came up at the same time, so we decided it would be nice. That was the last time the girls got to see each other. My friend and I stay in contact via phone, and that happens about once a week.

So yes, they are close, but they haven't had the opportunity to come up with this together.

No way will I allow my daughter to watch dragonball z. She does have some cartoons, but it's stuff like the kiddies version of Annie (the orphan) which she loves, and Oliver Twist, things like that, she loves the musicals. These DVD's are hard to find, but not impossible, but they do tend to be cheaper than the Disney stuff. She as a tot had some Disney stuff, like Cinderella, and at the time I didn't see anything wrong with it, until she started telling people that her mother is dead. So I very quickly learned my daughter was impressionable, and I immediately removed anything that could be vaguely negative at that stage already. TV is generally a no-no, sorry, but these days what they show on there is just junk including dragonball z.

As for games, there's only one that she plays other than her educational school stuff, and that is a pony game, she has to take care of the pony, groom it, feed it, buy it blankets, things like that. So nope, no dragons there either.

I really wish it was as simple as that, but if it were, I would not have come to you guys.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pixie777
reply to post by Minori

No, Well, my own one's I can trace, and the little boy had this conversation with my friend on Saturday, the mom just said it had been going on for a month, her own daughter, I'm sure that she'd be able to, I'll talk to her and ask her.

Could this be a lunar thing? It does move oceans so it's got some power and I distinctly remember a powerful full moon cycle going on here at the weekend (France). There were links to the Moon in your story and as far as a reference to Dragons and them eating adults...there have been quite a few movies over the years that involve kids befriending and/or winning over dragons and some of the grownups in the movies maybe get eaten. There's plenty of movies out there to inspire young imaginations. Maybe from overheard conversations.

You say you home school your kids? Have you taught them about Dragons and the moon yet?

That way, they won't be so afraid of what they didn't possibly understand as well before and they may also be able to explain their thoughts better to you so can understand.

Not sure about the fan-voices though. Only think I can think of at the moment is outside radio interferance on some kind of digital equipment in the home/homes.

I sometimes hear wispers in the distance on the 5.1 surround system for this computer. Real freaky first time I noticed it because I had no idea where it's coming from, I even checked outside for intruders (I'm semi-isolated here.) The fan effect might be possible due to interferance of the interferance....lol.

End of the day, unless the kids show signs of ill health I'd just roll with it and have fun with the dragons.

Dragons and Moons....sheesh!..... all I got as a kid were blobs, colours and sounds. Really p*ss*d mum & dad off because I just couldn't explain anything of recognisable form.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lozzo

Awww how sweet, your cat loves you. Lol, wish they gave cleaner gifts though

That is actually quite striking, how could she have known that? Kids, are amazingly perceptive, I've learned, we should listen to them. Just because they're kids doesn't mean that we shouldn't listen, yes, always keep that they have great imaginations in the back of your mind, but, listen anyway.

Cool story. Love it, bet you next time she tells you something like that, you will listen?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
So interesting! I was drawn to this thread... I researched the "She who Walks" part... uh may have found something?

Asherah

I searched in google ' "She Who Walks" egypt ' simple enough eh? So page two I see a link with this:

In 1929 a substantial discovery was made in Northern Syria, of texts dating to the Bronze age of about 1400BCE. They contained a cycle of divine myths of the Canaanite people. From them, we learn that chief among the gods were El, the father god, and his consort, the Lady Athirat (Ugaritic version of Hebrew Asherah). Asherah's titles included Creatress of all the Gods, and Mistress of Sexual Rejoicing. She was also called rbt ym which has been variously translated as Lady who walks on the sea or perhaps She who walks on the dragon - both suggested by Albright in 1940. A contemporary Hebrew scholar Baruch Margalit remarks (Margalit 1990:266-7) the fact that this interpretation of the divine name Athirat/Asherah endured for nearly half a century is a measure of its appeal as well as the unparalleled authority of its author. However, he yields to linguistic objections raised by other scholars and eventually agrees with John Day that probably the simpler solution, Lady of the Sea, is a preferred alternative. It is often remarked that this title would suit a deity of the Canaanites who lived on the coastline. Later the Israelites took over the higher inland countryside, and this title of Asherah faded from use among them.

dragons. uncanny coincidence.

Seriously.... sorry to get a bit off, but my life the past few months has repeatedly led me to the Divine Female... I believe 2012 she will reveal herself.
edit on 17-11-2011 by phaesporia63incarnate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Pixie777

The devil is refered to as a dragon,lion and he is always
looking for those that he can devour.I would listen to the
children and make notes of what they say,don't let them
know what you are doing.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I don't know, I haven't really considered that the moon might play a role in this, the little boy was very specific and emphatic, not the man IN the moon, the dragon NEXT to the moon. Like he wanted to make sure they get it right like it was important. So I haven't really considered the moon, although the moon is odd, I somehow don't think this is connected.

The moon, sure I've taught them the moon and it's cycles, school stuff, that's generally taught in school education systems. Speculation is kept very separate from school stuff. Why would I teach my kids about dragons? This is folklore and myths, not generally taught in an educational system. I don't randomly teach my kids stuff, we have to work on a school syllabus, they have work that gets graded and they do tests. They have X work that they have to do and complete. If we don't, then it's not accepted by the department of education that I home-school my kids. Those are the rules, if I don't comply then I could lose my kids for not having them in mainstream school. Home-schooling is not like you just take your kids out of school and randomly come up with a curriculum. Dragons don't form part of the curriculum

As for off-school topics, dragons is not really something we discuss, I think my son and I, ages ago, briefly discussed that there might be a connection between what's thought of as dragons and the dinosaurs. That was that. It's not something that any of us ever thought of could still exist, so it doesn't come up, considered or discussed. I can not even vaguely begin to articulate ideas such as this, if I don't believe that there is a reality in dragons. How am I supposed to open up an idea that dragons might be real, when quite frankly it's not. I am just as much of a conspiracy nut as you guys, but dragons being real? No, I'm not that open-minded. It's not that I'd dismiss them if they asked, I'd listen, my son can articulate himself well enough, he is older and of the age where he can discuss tons of off-topic topics. Not even he is willing to consider the idea that dragons are real. However, if they did want to discuss it, they would have to prove their case, why they think there might be a reality in something and on many occasions my son has gotten me to pause and think about his point, and proven his case. He has never brought up dragons as a reality.

Whatever it is that the little ones are seeing, I don't think it's actually dragons, I think, dragons is the only way they can describe it, and since my daughter doesn't know anything about dragons, she doesn't say dragons, she says someTHING that's coming to eat the adults. I'll try to find a couple of pictures and not say anything to her, just go through them when she's close, if she points something out, then I will get a better idea of what they are seeing and I will report back to everybody.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
First off...ignore the troll....you know don't feed the bears and such.

Second
I used to see weird stuff as a child. Still can't explain it but I did outgrow it.

Third
When my 7 year old was three he told me this fantastic story of going though his ceiling on a ladder into a space ship. He visited three different shaped galaxies and go to fly the ship around. Yeah CRAZY. I was totally freaked out about his highly detailed adventure.
My 5 year old sees skeletons. I have told her to tell them to leave or imagine them dressed funny. She is also afraid of aliens for no real reason. She hasn't had dreams r claimed to have seen one. She just hates them she says.

So yeah kids can freak you and themselves out. Believe them and help them to overcome their fears. If your daughter is afraid tell her to arm her self with a powerful weapon to destroy the dragon if it comes. Teach her to medoate and imagine a bubble around her home. Many people believe in a bubble of protection. Using her mental powers to create a magnetic shield around yourself and family.

some stuff to read about protective bubbles of all sorts.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.gizmag.com...

www.joys-of-lavender.com...

chrisluck.net...

But the most important thing is to show you are not afraid and your children will gain comfort from you.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by phaesporia63incarnate

Yes, that's one of the goddesses I also came across when trying to look into it, in fact she's the one that sticks out the most. I wasn't quite sure if its believable though, because, well, the Palestinians and the Syrians, don't believe in a god El, their god is Allah. So I wasn't sure, if what I was reading was believable because it doesn't quite tie in with the faith of the area.

However, if you were to entertain for a bit and consider, that these gods however were not gods but rather ancient aliens...

Ok before I continue with that, I'm going to say right now, I'm not saying that I believe that to be real, quite frankly I don't know if there once was something like that going around. I'm not dismissing it, I'm simply saying I don't know, maybe, but I'm on the fence, there seems to be enough evidence either way, so I really don't know. As for right now the world we know today, I don't believe that there are aliens calling themselves gods fluttering about the earth, not in today's world. I'm saying that they MIGHT have been here before, but they are not here now.

Ok, so if I am to consider that for the time, then this female deity Asherah, does fit the description. My friend has been smelling the sea now for ... almost a year on a daily basis, the problem is she lives a good 8/9 hours drive from the sea and it's bothering the heck out of her, as she's not very fond of the sea or it's smell or it's sound. If Asherah is not really a god, and rather an ancient alien who birthed 70 gods (or something like that, she must be a big mamma
, think of the wear and tear!), then I think we have reason for concern IF they came back. Can they come back? Always a possibility and then we'll all know once and for all, what's up with the pictographs in Egypt that looks like humans with crocodile heads, right? From what we know of these 'gods' is they were bad news and sacrifices had to be made to them on a regular basis. Asherah might resemble a dragon, yes, if there is any reality to ancient aliens and I am not so sure that she is divine at all if she pretended to be a goddess. And if you want to consider that ancient aliens might be a reality, then you have to consider that revelations speaks of the whore that rides the beast, in some translations, the dragon. You can't entertain the one and not the other, unfortunately, so if this is one and the same prophecy and deity, then divine? I think not.

So, what's everybody's thoughts on this angle? Can we really consider that what these little ones are seeing are not dragons but that the ancient aliens are back?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

The God of Israel is also referred to as the Lion of Judah.

I don't think that the devil is out there sitting next to the moon
What on earth would it be doing out there?

I do hear you though, take notes and listen. I do

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by outandopen

Of course! Bubbles, that's must be what she's talking about, a protective bubble. You know when you get that "doh" feeling,
yeah, that's me right now. No I haven't discussed protective bubbles with her, protection, yes, but not protective bubbles. She's not afraid for herself, she's more very worried about us, the grown-ups. She does know how to protect herself though, that she learned a long time ago.

Yes, as you can see, I did decide, best to ignore the troll
I did reply once, and after that, realized it's just a troll, nothing to see here, moving on

Yes, that is something that is very important here, be supportive, but don't show fear, if you show fear the child will be afraid, because they'll sense something is wrong which will just put a whole chain-reaction of its own in motion until later you can not longer figure out, what's fact and what's fear. Don't worry, I'm not really afraid, I'm more concerned about the situation than anything else and of course, confused, I'm really not sure what to make of it all. I don't like my 8 yr old being worried about us, instead of the other way around. She shouldn't be worried at all about anything.

Your kids' story is
and odd. One gives a detailed description of other galaxies at the age of 3 the other sees skeletons and is afraid of aliens for no real reason. Odd, really odd.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Pixie777

I see. Is there any time you can think of, when the kids were with someone else, like babysitting, etc. where they may be exposed to this?

Another reference could be AdventureQuest an online roleplaying game. It does feature a She Who Walks (behind the rows) during one of their events, has Dragon men, and in the She Who Walks story did capture parents, ala Children of the Corn.

Not saying it is so, but just that there are so many possibilities, and while many parents say with confidence they weren't exposed to it, it's hard to be sure what goes on at a friend's house, etc. I know my mother would cringe if she knew half of what we were up to when kids....

Has the child ever talked with you about it? You could probably ask and get some more answers...

When did you see the dragon?
What were you doing when you saw him?
Who is She who Walks?
etc., etc.

If a made up story, then there may be some hesitation with the answers. If not, and something stranger is up, answers may come quick. Even if supernatural, so far, seems pretty limited, so I wouldn't worry too much about it, but if it becomes disruptive, there's always the idea I mentioned above with the cleansing. Can't hurt anything right? Just really believe that you can force whatever it is out.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Oh, I completely and totally forgot to mention something else that was also very striking. Both my kids, as well as my friend's daughter, as well as the other little boy, all 4 of them are obsessed with collecting seeds. They're not planting them, they're collecting them. You must see what our science room looks like over here, there are seeds everywhere in all kinds of containers. My plastics cupboard is virtually empty because all of it is in the science room full of different seeds. Fruit, plants trees every single seed they come across they pick up everything they can carry and bring them home.

edit on 17-11-2011 by Pixie777 because: Formatting

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Its a demon thing.All children have a fear of being abandoned ,regardless of what they are exposed to.Demons feed off of fear energy,and a world without parents is a universal nightmare scenario for children.The fear and anguish energy expelled by the kids is absorbed as a food of sorts for demons.As a bonus,the parents are sure to feel hyper uptight,and add fear energy as a chaser for satan's cub scouts.
Tell your friends to pray with their children ,and in the prayer to ask God to bless all life on Earth,and for God to keep the dragons away from everyone,and for God to take all their power away.In order to foil the demonic plan ,they should turn the prayer,and the talking about it into a bonding experience.If the parents get uptight,and try to seek shrinks,and their corresponding dope to "help" their child,they will drive a mile wide wedge between themselves and their kids,handing the demons victory on a silver platter.The forces of evil seek to divide and conquer,and where all people are most vulnerable to soul injury is the parent-child relationship.If children could be convinced that this was imminent,the terror would just pour out of them.Good luck.BAHGOOFUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Just sounds like complete hogwash to me. I don't even believe the validity of the opening post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join