It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikola Tesla Unlimited Free Energy Forever [zero-point energy doco]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

How naive can you be? If it were possible to harness free energy with a machine that could be placed in any home, there's no way they can charge you for it. They would make profit from selling the machine, but people will only need to buy one, then they would have unlimited free energy (until the machine breaks and needs to be repaired).

I have to pay like $3 per battery for a battery I can recharge a few thousand times (I think I have to charge them like once every two months, maybe). They still make a fairly decent profit off of the things, and continue to sell both batteries and chargers just fine.

Further - they would not necessarily have unlimited energy. They would have only as much energy as could be harnessed from the environment around them. In theory - this is all thermal energy and electromagnetic emissions (we'll leave the possibility of just ripping matter and subatomic particles apart with a tesla-coil like device alone... I don't really want to envision how that would work in the home). So you would have an upper limit on the amount of energy that could be harnessed at any given time. Kind of like how you can only draw so much power to your house before the transformer and/or your wiring goes "Poof!"

The oil business will lose a massive amount of profit if free energy were to hit the market, a large percentage of my income is spent on energy bills. The energy business is probably one of the most profitable businesses in the world. Free energy is the number one thing they fear, they will fight tooth and nail to hold onto their monopoly. So much of our oil is wasted on producing energy, when it should be openly used to make plastics and stuff like that. Once it runs dry there's going to be serious problems unless we develop some really good synthetic oils.

Plastics are a byproduct of oil refinement into fuels suitable for combustion.

"Free energy" would mark an industrial transformation. What is valuable and invaluable will change, considerably. Energy-intensive processes no longer have a cost restriction. Recycling, in particular, would become a far more cost-effective approach. If you had an energy bill at all (I'm not convinced an at-home power plant would be all that popular, or practical with such a technological implement... it may just be that it requires too much space to be practical for single homes, or even small neighborhoods) - it would still have to cover maintenance of the infrastructure (power companies would love to cut the costs of fuel out of the equation, and their insurance would go down considerably if they weren't having to manage the chaos of fire 24/7).

Energy storage systems are and will be a large part of the future - regardless of what happens. You will always need a 'battery' that can store a lot of energy and provide power to a wide range of devices (and that won't set you on fire in the process). Free energy will not change that. Interestingly enough - that is where a lot of players in the oil market are placing their earnings and bets, is in those fields. Like I said - they have enough capital and resources to adapt to just about anything the market can throw at them. Even if free energy were to be 'discovered,' packaged, and ready to sell tomorrow - it would be a decade or more before we would be seeing Oil really start to be supplanted in the market.

That is plenty of time to adapt and address the changing market. The only ones left high and dry are those who are almost completely reliant upon oil reserves for their industrial output (many of the countries in the middle-east - who will have trouble finding a market once BP, Exxon, Texaco, MFA, etc all start adapting and moving to solutions that compete within the new "free energy" market.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I never said anything about "absolute zero", you are the one talking about temperature and matter when it has nothing to do with vacuum energy. We are talking about the zero-point state of space-time. Zero-point energy is the energy that still exists in a system even at the most basic ground state (empty motionless space-time in this case).

Slow down, Turbo.

Look at the segment of your post I quoted and responded to. Aluminum - Aluminium ... take your pick.

They are called virtual particles, and they are actually the very essence of vacuum energy.

Well, if you want to pick a philosophical battle - all particles are virtual.

Actually, Zero-point energy is defined as the energy that still exists in a system even after it has been reduced to an absolute 'static' state.

That's Vacuum Energy.

The Zero point cannot contain any energy - at least, not any that we can actually utilize. It's not a Zero point if it isn't at zero. This isn't Dragon Ball Z, where we can just go "Zero Point 2" when we encounter a problem at Zero Point - it's either at zero, or it's not... if it's not at zero, then it's not a zero point.

Hell - even half the people out there with degrees in this # can't get it straight.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

If you had an energy bill at all (I'm not convinced an at-home power plant would be all that popular, or practical with such a technological implement... it may just be that it requires too much space to be practical for single homes, or even small neighborhoods) - it would still have to cover maintenance of the infrastructure (power companies would love to cut the costs of fuel out of the equation, and their insurance would go down considerably if they weren't having to manage the chaos of fire 24/7).
How could they honestly sell something that comes completely free (except the cost of the machinery)? It would be almost worthless, and it would probably cost more to maintain the power stations than the return they would get from selling energy that is virtually free. And why would we even bother with a grid anymore? Power stations are only so huge because they require hundreds of generators or nuclear reactors to power massive areas. Zero-point energy machines can be tiny, and they need only be powerful enough to power a single home. It's absolutely practical in every sense, and it strikes fear into the heart of the grid overlords.

Energy storage systems are and will be a large part of the future - regardless of what happens. You will always need a 'battery' that can store a lot of energy and provide power to a wide range of devices (and that won't set you on fire in the process). Free energy will not change that.
Well it might be possible to design batteries that are made to extract ZPE, John Hutchison claimed to invent a crystal like material which was at natural resonance with the ZPE field and would naturally produce energy when attached to a circuit. So basically a never ending battery.

Even if free energy were to be 'discovered,' packaged, and ready to sell tomorrow - it would be a decade or more before we would be seeing Oil really start to be supplanted in the market.

That is plenty of time to adapt and address the changing market.
They don't want to adapt to a change, they want to suppress the change as long as they possibly can. The energy business is ridiculously profitable, there's absolutely no doubt in my mind they would want to perpetuate it at all costs, it's clearly the number one tool they have for controlling populations, to decide who gets energy and who doesn't, who will pay more and who will pay less. I'm done explaining this, it's clear you can't grasp the importance of the energy industry.
edit on 18-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

They are called virtual particles, and they are actually the very essence of vacuum energy.

Well, if you want to pick a philosophical battle - all particles are virtual.
We are talking scientifically here, not philosophically pal.

Actually, Zero-point energy is defined as the energy that still exists in a system even after it has been reduced to an absolute 'static' state.

That's Vacuum Energy.

The Zero point cannot contain any energy - at least, not any that we can actually utilize. It's not a Zero point if it isn't at zero.
Now you've just proven that you don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about. You're just confusing yourself now. ZPE is energy, it's the energy that STILL exists even after a system has been reduced to the ground state. Vacuum energy IS a type of zero-point energy, I could not make this any clearer, I've provided all the info to clearly prove this FACT! Here it is again:

Zero-point energy is the lowest possible energy that a quantum mechanical physical system may have; it is the energy of its ground state. All quantum mechanical systems undergo fluctuations even in their ground state and have an associated zero-point energy, a consequence of their wave-like nature. The uncertainty principle requires every physical system to have a zero-point energy greater than the minimum of its classical potential well, even at absolute zero. For example, liquid helium does not freeze under atmospheric pressure at any temperature because of its zero-point energy.
--
Vacuum energy is the zero-point energy of all the fields in space, which in the Standard Model includes the electromagnetic field, other gauge fields, fermionic fields, and the Higgs field. It is the energy of the vacuum, which in quantum field theory is defined not as empty space but as the ground state of the fields. In cosmology, the vacuum energy is one possible explanation for the cosmological constant.[3]

Zero-point Energy - Wikipedia
Now the part I have underlined is a link which takes you to the page about vacuum energy, which states the following:

Vacuum energy is an underlying background energy that exists in space even when the space is devoid of matter (free space). The concept of vacuum energy has been deduced from the concept of virtual particles, which is itself derived from the energy-time uncertainty principle.

Vacuum Energy - Wikipedia
ARE YOU CATCHING ON YET?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Even so, if it were real they'd have made something by now. Prison? Really? Prison is like, where you can choose to dedicate your life to knowledge and work rather than other problems in life. It's essentially a monk existence. Even more reason to doubt it's existence.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Even so, if it were real they'd have made something by now.
I would argue many devices have in fact been developed but they were suppressed.

Prison is like, where you can choose to dedicate your life to knowledge and work rather than other problems in life. It's essentially a monk existence.
That doesn't negate the fact that it's virtually impossible to operate an outside business from inside prison.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

A method to channel free energy must be known to mankind... Tesla was on the right track over 100 years ago. It's obvious that we are at the point with technology that we should be able to harvest and channel this type of energy, but the big problem is the fact that it's "free"!

Tesla sending electricity through the air without the use of copper wires was enough to make the Morgan cut off his funding and burn down his lab... what do you think is happening to inventors these days? It's crazy how many promising inventors have mysteriously died, or have had their research destroyed.

It's sad to think that there are people out there so greedy and selfish that they would rather see so many suffer unnecessarily. We are all one - the same species - yet we do so much to hinder our own survival on this planet.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

You should look up memes and temes. Simply put, you can't suppress it. never in human history has technology been suppressed easily, and all attempts simply lead to backlash that kills the suppressor in due time. Temes want to replicate, and memes want to use them to replicate. They WILL replicate. No act of man will change this fact. It's like trying to hold cells in your hand, thinking you can stop them from reproducing. All they will do is replicate in your hand and live on in the given volume.

For prison, that's not the point. The point is you make friends in prison, and work well to spread your ideas. If these prison folk knew how to do it, they would tell another, who told another, and eventually the teme would replicate somehow via meme.

It's not a question of if you are or are not trying to suppress something. It's a question of how hard you want to fall when it replicates.

It hasn't replicated yet, because it doesn't exist.
edit on 18-11-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Simply put, you can't suppress it.
That's an illogical absolute statement based on what you think you know.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Free energy will be the worst thing to ever happen to humanity. It will destroy us all.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CrastneyJPR

Yeh free energy does exist, its geothermal , wave , wind and solar energy!
the onlyt hing is you need to put a tiny bit of energy from the workers to build and maintain the vessels that collect the energy !

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Prison is like, where you can choose to dedicate your life to knowledge and work rather than other problems in life. It's essentially a monk existence.
That doesn't negate the fact that it's virtually impossible to operate an outside business from inside prison.

The mafia seemed to have no problems operating many businesses from inside a jail cell!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by K1771gnorance
Free energy will be the worst thing to ever happen to humanity. It will destroy us all.
Maybe it will, maybe it wont. But at the rate we are going it doesn't matter either way. We need to stop destroying this planet for resources.

I would like to know specifically why you think it's so dangerous. Is it because it will give too many people too much power? Power should always be concentrated in a few hands right?

Or is it because you think it will increases the standard of living around the world so dramatically that we will reproduce too quickly and overtake the Earth?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
cant you use a solar panel to send electricity a current to a set of magents in alternating current so that one magnet pushes another magnet held on a gyroscope type thing and the magents either side keep spinning it which then turns a bigger current to a transformer then attached to a generator !

Wouldnt that give us free energy !

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Once we harness free energy we need to expand into our local galaxy thats for sure ! I'd gladly go on a long deepspace mission to colonise a new world in the name of humanity

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82

The mafia seemed to have no problems operating many businesses from inside a jail cell!
Illegal business can sometimes be operated by people in prison, but that's completely different from doing legit trade. And once a person has been to jail, they typically must seek court permission if they want to be a CEO or manager.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

See the thread in my sig. I give an example of "something for nothing" that spread like wildfire from the underground electronics niche to the mainstream before it was shut down. All these so-called "free energy" devices that can be built buy watching youtube vids yet no one who believes in them has actually built one?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

See the thread in my sig. I give an example of "something for nothing" that spread like wildfire from the underground electronics niche to the mainstream before it was shut down. All these so-called "free energy" devices that can be built buy watching youtube vids yet no one who believes in them has actually built one?
First of all, you are assuming that some of the online plans are real, when maybe all the real plans have actually been suppressed. But I don't really believe that, I would have to agree with you that real plans do exist on the internet, I've never really had a good look, but I did I spend a few hours looking around a while ago, but many of them were beyond my knowledge to make or outside of my budget. I presume that's a very big reason why many people haven't built these things, and also because most people naturally assume it simply doesn't work.

Now that doesn't mean no one has done it, I believe many people have done it, mostly engineers and electronics hobbyists I would guess. The next problem that arises, is once these people have made the machine and they know it works, it's clear to them that it can't be patented or else it would have been already. There are several reasons it may not be allowed to be patented, but one of the main reasons is that the patent office has a guideline which states they should just reject all over-unity patents because it's contradictory to science, but ZPE devices are NOT contradictory to science, but I doubt they'll acknowledge that.

The next problem is fear, they feel that even if they attempted to patent it, there's a large chance they'll be attacked. The final problem is money, it typically takes a few million to start-up and fund a manufacturing business. Why go through all that risk when it probably wont work? For all these reasons, once they have built it for themselves, I think most of them simply keep quiet about it. That is the best course of action for them personally, they already have free energy and if they start being a big mouth about it, who knows what sort of attention they may attract to themselves.

That's my take on it.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing, this looks very interesting.
Will check it out when I have time.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

So let me get this straight. This "ether" is not on the electromagnetic spectrum, and has no source, it's just existing in the vacuum of space hanging around being the lowest energy form possible. So it can't be measured nor compared to anything as it's not relative to anything else known. Nor could it be tested if something was known relative to this "ether" AKA "zero point energy." Because you can't isolate it within an environment alien to it in order to conduct a test proving its existence. However it could exist as an undiscovered portion of the electromagnetic spectrum because a few people want to believe it does exist even though there is no mathematical indication that it does making this so called theory being based wholly on wishful thinking, and because Einstein made some hopeful based on nothing speech about its existence one time, and a few others like Tesla wanted to believe in "the ether" too it is then suppose to be an actual theory, not only that, but a plausible theory. LOL

I understand that part of the belief is due to nuclear systems, a gravitational orbit of elementary particles evolving around nuclei. A process that crates magnetic forces, but is simply a dance between gravity and velocity. You see that's what a nuclear bond is, just an orbit like the Moon around the Earth. When orbits are close enough and friction is involved such as how the Van Allen belt is generated, or how any ole generator works you get an electrical field.

Confusing kinetic energy contained/stored within any orbital pattern of matter around a greater gravitational body with it sometimes creating an electrical field when bodies in motion are close enough together to do so in causing friction is easy to do, but just remember this. Many things orbit other things and do not cause electrical fields, but everything electrical has originated from something that does. The true ether is the fabric of space which we cannot see as it is apart of a higher dimensional plane. Gravity is caused from physical indents in this fabric, a plane that is only one dimensional from our perspective, and thus rendering it invisible to us here within our mere 3D world. Everything can cause indentations, even energy, meaning energy causes (vs. not creating) gravity. Gravity is motion due to everything in this would spinning inside another of a higher dimensional order/planes.

Throw a bowling ball on a bed, and that's what true ether looks like if you could see it. How things here enter act with this above us that surround this world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join