It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Bill is an Emergency for the Internet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dystopiaphiliac

I couldn't agree with you more. The governments of the world have forgotten their purpose and it's time we reminded them. Signing petitions, phoning, sending emails, etc. does NOT work because they simply ignore them.

Rather I suggest that we hit them where it hurts them and use our voting power. Not to elect anyone, but to indicate that we're NOT electing anyone because we're dissatisfied with government, their methods and their policies.

If we instigate a worldwide movement, and ignore their antics, their political rallies, their speechs and only show up on voting day to put a symbol, possibly a 'zero' instead of 1 or 1-10, or whatever method we are supposed to use, this will indicate itself in their counting of votes, their 'elected' right to govern and give a sure clear signal that we are not taking any more of their BS.

It would be a peaceful way of letting them know to change their ways and also that we're not playing their games.

edit on 20/11/2011 by Maigret because: Correcting spelling.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
This bill is a non starter:

SOPA Breaks DNSSEC

“When implemented end-to-end between authoritative nameservers and requesting applications, DNSSEC prevents man-in-the-middle attacks on DNS queries by allowing for provable authenticity of DNS records and provable inauthenticity of forged data. This secure authentication is critical for combatting the distribution of malware and other problematic Internet behavior.

"Authentication flaws, including in the DNS, expose personal information, credit card data, e-mails, documents, stock data, and other sensitive information, and represent one of the primary techniques by which hackers break into and harm American assets.”

The paper was published in May 2011, in response to a different piece of mandated DNS poisoning stupidity, and is entitled Security and Other Technical Concerns Raised by the DNS Filtering Requirements in the PROTECT IP Bill.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by audiopackrat

I agree with you and I really like that idea. But still I plan to do more than that. I am occupying the Internet.

There is only one modern, American way to vote, and that is with the petro-greenback. The only way to have a voice is to put your money where your mouth is (or at least where it would be if anyone were listening).

As you seem to imply, you can't make them see the light. But you can make them feel the heat.

The Internet, and sites like ATS are way too important to me to trust in simple passive resistance alone. One can't fight every tentacle of the oligarchical octopus, but this is a hot button issue to me. I deem this battle to have extreme strategic importance.

I don't want to hear the same roaring silence that the television addict numbs his mind upon. I need real content.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I want to bump this thread SOPA protect IP is Very important, to be defeated and EVERY incumbent on EVERY level be voted out of office, state and federal.

Leave no politician unscathed for this atrocity to be even written in the first place

SOPA/Protect IP

fast and furious

Secret wall street bail outs

(insert local corruption here, you surely know of some)

when, do WE ( the people) hold them acountable?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join