It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is Mat-Valley's Moon Tonight?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I don't believe that the Moon has been acting weird until the last recent posts I've read here on ATS, and couple of weeks of observing I've seen strange behavior in the moon. So bear with me on my details of tonight's experience. I live in the Valley and to those in Alaska, do you see the moon tonight?

I live 50 miles from Northwest of Anchorage. The view from my front door I can see the sun and moon do its normal path Northeast to Southwest from a northern view. About a week ago I saw the moon out of place by half the distance of the sky where it should be.

Okay, tonight description..... I thought I was going Crazy! The past few weeks when all the stars are out the moon rises with Jupiter on its right from my east to west. What bothers me is that tonight from to horizon (tree level) to the highest point in the sky stars are everywhere, Jupiter is shining bright, not a cloud in the sky, But no moon, anywhere, not to the left of Jupiter? My neighbor is even questioning where the position of the moon is, he hasn't said anything either to anyone, be he knows that I'm a lil persistant on my search for truths around the world.

Anyone in anchorage, or the slope, or fairbanks see the moon tonight?

I'm looking for serious replies, anyone trolling here, go catch a fish instead.

Thanks, n Much Love

I am curious why I cannot see it? I can see Orion, Scorpio, planets, even a satellite go by, but no moon.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I live in Anchorage and just went outside to have a look. Perfectly clear night but yet no moon. Just the other night I was noticing some nice ice crystal rings around the moon at around this time. Very strange indeed.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
So what we got then?

Is the moon in a diffrent location or missing entirley, do you have a computer program which can tell you where the moon should be tonite?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Maybe this will help. The Moon rises about 50 minutes later each night.
www.timeanddate.com...
edit on 11/17/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dratsablacinyc

Yeah, hell yeah! I saw the rings as well, but same time now as yesterday when I saw them, tonight there are stars everywhere but no MOON,!!!!!!
Where is it?

If there is a scientist or Whoever, please critics aside, explain?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes indeed that will. Looks like we have another 25 minutes until it makes an appearance, Thanks...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

Stellarium is usually pretty accurate with location. I usually look up something on stellarium go outside and see if its in that general vicinity, and it usually is so that software can be a start for you.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
May be a little off topic.....but, I have a cousin who lives in that area. They tell me that the coal mining operations up there are causing lots of problems. Maybe they are to blame for this too.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I live in Anchorage as well and i saw the moon this morning right next to clouds. It might come out later? It's schedule has been strange lately..

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Okay, I think you just gave me the answer, I will be looking outside on tonight moonrise

Boy, I feel dumb.

Anyhow, my major at UAA was not Astronomy, just plain ol' Construction Management. But if they need help building the Enterprise or building on the moon, I can be the superintendent
edit on 17-11-2011 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

Can we blame HARRP too?
BTW, read the HARRP book, making my tin foil hat now!!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
you say that you are "persistent for truths"?

but you cannot be bothered to spend (it certainly wouldn't take more than) 5 min on Wikipedia?

is it your understanding that the moon and Jupiter should ALWAYS be rising together?!

asking people to not make fun of you on this is a nearly impossible request.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

I hope you know I was making a joke about the mining operations being responsible.

Are you familiar with the coal mining issues in the Mat-Valley area?

What's in the HAARP book? I don't really think HAARP is a joke. Do you?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

So far its working, lol.

But any how, I am no expert, and I do as I'm told, all teachers and professors told me not to use wikipedia, LOL

Some of the searches I have done in the past really don't bring much up. Even in college I would try to stay away from Tech, i.e. Computers, Kinda new to it, forgive my ignorance

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

No to the HARRP, hehehe

My AKA Friend, works as a intern at Pebble here in there, and I worked there at Tazimna overhauling the turbinesfor six months in Illiamna 25 miles northwest next to Roadhouse mountains, heard all about the Pebble mine, monsters, UFO's n such there. I have good friends there now and plan to support those against the mine n such

BTW I have yet to meet a fan of Palin there, they dislike her greatly, almost got in a fight mentioning her name.

edit on 17-11-2011 by AK907ICECOLD because: change name

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I have to be honest, if I had seen this post at any point in my past my first thought would have been that it's just another delusional post by some out of touch with reality ATS'er. That being said.

I live on the east coast, last night one of the people I live with came in and said to me "did you see the moon?" I said no. She asked me to go look at it so I walked outside to take a look. The moon was just above the horizon and what I saw was odd but still nothing that struck me as something that couldn't possibly happen. What I saw was a moon that was shaped like a pear. By this I don't mean the moon was shaded like it was a pear, what I saw was a moon that looked like it had been distorted with mirrors. I walked back inside and said to her " yeah, you're right, it looks like a pear" her reply was "see! thanks I thought maybe I was just seeing things" I then went on to explain to her what I thought I had seen was caused by the same effect you get from gravitational lensing and then to explain what gravitation lensing was.

Glad you posted this, still not sure what I saw but I will keep a closer look from now on, thanks.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Interesting to hear someone else saw something funny with the moon last night. A good friend of ours had a call from her mother stating the moon looked strange, like the top had been cut off. Our friend who is approximately 70 miles away went out and looked at the moon and said she saw the same thing. She thought possibly clouds were obstructing her view at first, but it was clear outside.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

10:05pm is what wikipedia said, clears skies, yet no moon at 10:30?? and I'm on top of a tall hill seeing all around Pioneer Peak? Wikipedia, huh?

Okay, FT Rich website says tonight moonrise is at 6:36pm and sets at 11:04AM

who's right? Are military or wikipedia? just throwing it out there

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

10:52pm and still no moon, I glad to know that wikipedia is so dependable!

still so clear, yet still no moon? Just a thought

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

okay, so the event horizon is the wiki time, but still some moon behavior is strange to me, moon is now visible, did some more research and found out more about it.

Like I've said, I'm here to gain knowledge and with the help of other's here on ATS I can find it

Thank you for the extra info

Much love

top topics

join