It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does any ATSer know a story about NASA having radar images of dolphin-like creatures in Enceladus?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I was reading this article about scientists from the Lunar and Planetary Institute in Houston and University of Texas at Austin's Institute for Geophysics, reporting the strong possibility of life beneath the ice cap of Jupiter's moon Europa and I faintly remember have read a thread or article somewhere, years ago, about NASA having radar images of one the Saturn's moons, Enceladus, I guess, showing the silhouette of giant dolphin-like animals beneath the ice cap.

Does anybody here remember something about this story?? Any source?? Any link??
edit on 11/16/2011 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

I heard about this a LONG time ago. In 2007 I think they sent a drill there to drill through the ice. They say that they found liquid water there and if there is liquid water, there may be fish.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish

I heard about this a LONG time ago. In 2007 I think they sent a drill there to drill through the ice. They say that they found liquid water there and if there is liquid water, there may be fish.

[color=dodgerblue]Source?

Second.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Closest I could find was of a dolphin-like image on Mars:

www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

Far from a good source, but I came across the image in a couple different locations. I am not sure if that is an image you were thinking of or not.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

I think this information was leaked by the same time when the alleged alien radio signal of Cassini, was being discussed.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn

[color=dodgerblue]Source?

Second.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.unexplained-mysteries.com...
www.universetoday.com...

Ok, so i guess I didn't hear that It WAS launched, but in 07 they THOUGHT about launching it.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

I'm 100% sure that there was a quick discussion on the internet, about this alleged radar image, but I'm having a really hard time to find anything about it.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

[color=mediumorchid]I was pretty sure I would have heard about that.

Thanks for checking.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

NASA is planning on having a probe that will be able to probe down Europa and other targets in the solar system. They will test the platform in the Antarctic. It basically melts it's way down, sealing itself from above by letting the drill hole freeze solid again. They have plans of testing it on the Subglacial lakes, like Lake Vostok. As far as I know, the testing on Earth hasn't even started, let alone on other solar system bodies.

It will be cool to find out what they discover in Lake Vostok.
edit on 16-11-2011 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Sounds like a Sorcha Faal fake story. No I don't. Beware your sources.

It's almost comical that anyone would considering I doubt they can penetrate that much ice anyway. Likely a myth or from one of the bad sites or one of the topic hoaxers. Try the UFO Alien Forum and search.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

It is highly, highly unlikely that Enceladus has a liquid ocean, even under an ice layer...like Europa.

In any event...."dolphins"? Serious?

I mean....just stop for a moment, and think about it....think about the cameras and their resolution ability. If anything, from looking it up, seems possible that some of the unusual ejecta seen (water ice most likely) might have briefly resembled the shape of a dolphin leaping out of the ocean, here on Earth. But, this would have been an event hundreds or thousands of miles in extent.

Or, you saw it on (hate to mention it)......"GLP"....( shudder.....
)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

It is highly, highly unlikely that Enceladus has a liquid ocean, even under an ice layer...like Europa.

Enceladus has geysers on it that emit water (in a snow-like form) from underneath the ice.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by evo80

The guy on the British science show I watched said they were a bunch of old men on Enceladus.
I think the phrase was "a number of Geezers were discovered"....What are they doing there?
I surmise they are telling Cassini to get off their Lawn....

All kidding aside.
I think there is definitely liquid under Enceladus, as well as Europa....Europa is much bigger, and probably has a complete subsurface ocean.
As for Enceladus.....I think there was an impact..A big one, at the Geyser site....And it's still healing..

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Never heard of it, impossible to get images radar or anything to a resolution to make out a dolphin. Galileo spacecraft in December 1997 came the closest to the moon and didn't have any instruments that could image below the thick icy crust.

Galileo Instruments.

There isn't anything on earth that can image anything 365 million miles away like that under or on a surface.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Galileo kinda bummed me out a little.
With the high gain antenna problem, and the Tape recorder problem...( I used to work for the manufacturer of those units)....We got so much less data than we should have. But The ingenuity of JPL, through long distance reconfiguration, got us "something". And that's better than nothing.
We really should have gotten data back nearing the amount that Cassini has delivered.
But Juno is on the way...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Actually its very likely that Enceladus has a liquid water ocean under it's thick icy crust with the tidal forces its exposed to, Cassini right now is kind of verifying that.

Lastest vapor jets images
Where they're looking.
Other ways they're looking.
Other stresses Enceladus is exposed to.
And this post.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
While reading this thread - NASA announces HUGE discovery! I made a comment related to this one.

About eight years ago I worked in real estate and while photographing a property that was for sale I got to talking with the owner. He was an older guy in his 80s who was a retired NASA rocket engineer 1950-1970s, wrote a book on it and everything, he autographed me a free copy too. This was right after Shuttle Columbia disaster and he was telling me how terrible the Space Shuttle design was etc, (he thought shuttles basically pushed on NASA because the USA would appear more "flashy and advanced like "Buck Rogers")

Anyway, back on topic...he also went on a tangent about how there are ice covered oceans on Europa which had whales and all sorts of life in them. He said this as of it were a fact, he was getting up there in age so maybe he was a bit senile...but he seemed of sound mind to me. Besides the whale thing he said nothing else outlandish. It always stuck with me and this thread reminded me of that conversation.

I'll look for the book when I get home today and post his name, if anyone is interested.

Thanks to Illustronic for the heads up!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The NASA engineer I mentioned in my last post is named Robert S. Kraemer and his book is titled 'Beyond the Moon - A Golden Age of Planetary Exploration 1971-1978'

Robert S. Kraemer began his engineering career in 1951, working for the renowned Rocketdyne division of North American Aviation. For his work during the 1970s as NASA's director of planetary programs, he was awarded the Distinguished Service Medal, the agency's highest award.

Searching Amazon I found he has a 2nd book titled 'Rocketdyne: Powering Humans into Space'

new topics

top topics

join