It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House passes Right to Carry

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

If congressional gun-rights stalwarts get their way, a firearms owner with a concealed-weapons permit issued in Utah could be allowed to carry that gun in New York — regardless of the gun laws in the Empire State.

But as the House prepares to vote on a bill Wednesday that would allow that and please a core GOP constituency, critics are throwing another core Republican belief back at the party: states’ rights.

hamptonroads.com...

This was just breaking the House just passed this and now it is off to the Senate and then off to the Potus nothing to get excited about as of now but the possibliity of this passing is well slim even tho it should be passed.

The main reason the Federal Government get's to regulate Firearms simply because it falls under the Commerce Clause which means guns sold over state lines the Government is the master however guns manufactured and sold within each state borders are exempt from federal law.,

If this passes it will be a game changer anyone can carry to whatever state they choose to go to and locals can't do a damn thing about it.

Which brings up the last point if state rights are state rights and they deem not to want carry then that is infringing on that state rights.

They really do push that line don't they?

What say you ATS?
edit on 16-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If this passes.. it'll be something akin to a miracle. And no doubt Captain Hope and Change would veto it.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Right to bear arms. Simple as that.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
Right to bear arms. Simple as that.

Thats what Im thinking. I dont see anywhere in the constitution that says you shouldnt carry over the border? States joined the union, the union is the land, the constitution is the law of the land.
what exactly is the problem?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Outstanding News Neo!! I'm happy you were the one to start the thread on it too. This needed someone who appreciates the 2nd Amendment to bring it to us.

Now of course, this has a snowball's chance in a hot place of THIS POTUS passing it. No worries though...Passing the House is a major step and in the POST-Obama years, it will make it that much easier to get through all 3 stages on the next run through.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The Second Amendment from what all other right's deemed by God come from not that of Government.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
It's a misuse of states' rights claims. Nowwhre do state rights trump the US Constitution. That would be like saying states rights trumps the first amendment, therefore a state can prevent your freedom of expression.
edit on 11/16/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Shouldn't everybody be allowed to carry guns everywhere? Or is my understanding of the extremely simple and easy to understand Second Amendment right to bear arms skewed? Here's how the process should go: "The Second Amendment protects the right to bear arms. Meeting adjourned."

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

If congressional gun-rights stalwarts get their way, a firearms owner with a concealed-weapons permit issued in Utah could be allowed to carry that gun in New York — regardless of the gun laws in the Empire State.

But as the House prepares to vote on a bill Wednesday that would allow that and please a core GOP constituency, critics are throwing another core Republican belief back at the party: states’ rights.

hamptonroads.com...

This was just breaking the House just passed this and now it is off to the Senate and then off to the Potus nothing to get excited about as of now but the possibliity of this passing is well slim even tho it should be passed.

The main reason the Federal Government get's to regulate Firearms simply because it falls under the Commerce Clause which means guns sold over state lines the Government is the master however guns manufactured and sold within each state borders are exempt from federal law.,

If this passes it will be a game changer anyone can carry to whatever state they choose to go to and locals can't do a damn thing about it.

Which brings up the last point if state rights are state rights and they deem not to want carry then that is infringing on that state rights.

They really do push that line don't they?

I cant wait for this bill to pass, maybe then I wont have to be afraid to go into new jersey or new york, seeing as both of them are right over the boarder from me. Then I can ride the subway and protect the general public from beatings and robberies. Wonder how the criminals would like to see a 3 foot flame shoot out of my .357 and go deaf from the bang.

What say you ATS?
edit on 16-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

What the constitution says and what the lawmakers pass and local restrictions no the right to bear arms isn't what it use to mean.

Simple fact the military is better armed the criminals are better armed and there is the average john doe caught in the middle.

Should be simple but this is America where simple ain't the status quo.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

What the constitution says and what the lawmakers pass and local restrictions no the right to bear arms isn't what it use to mean.

Simple fact the military is better armed the criminals are better armed and there is the average john doe caught in the middle.

Im aremed to the teeth my brother... come to the great commenwealth of PA and you can have any gun you want. They guy down the road sells .50 cal sniper rifles good for a 2 mile range or you can get a tripod mounted 10mm or anything in between. The thing I really want but isnt allowed is an automatic gernade launcher, that would be sick.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by fishman1985

the ammo for those are outrageous not to mention their cost yet another means of gun control making it too expensive.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishman1985

Im aremed to the teeth my brother... come to the great commenwealth of PA and you can have any gun you want. They guy down the road sells .50 cal sniper rifles good for a 2 mile range or you can get a tripod mounted 10mm or anything in between. The thing I really want but isnt allowed is an automatic gernade launcher, that would be sick.

Because the single shot grenade launcher just doesn't pack the same punch.....Regardless, this will never pass, it opens up precedence....If you have a weapons permit in one state, that trumps weapon laws of another state....Alrighty, you have a medical dope card in one state, then you can have and smoke in an anti-dope state. This is election year BS, aimed at getting votes, nothing more.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
How does this affect those who live in Vermont? They don't need permission to carry concealed.

This whole thing stinks like chili cheeseburger offal.

I DONT NEED PERMISSION TO CARRY THE MEANS TO DEFEND MYSELF.

Whew, caps lock can be draining.

I will retain my inalienable right to self defense regardless of the tripe spewed by my employees.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem
How does this affect those who live in Vermont? They don't need permission to carry concealed.

This whole thing stinks like chili cheeseburger offal.

I DONT NEED PERMISSION TO CARRY THE MEANS TO DEFEND MYSELF.

Whew, caps lock can be draining.

I will retain my inalienable right to self defense regardless of the tripe spewed by my employees.

Exactly, this is just to get the 2nd amendment folks out to the voting booth, nothing more. It is about stoking the fire under something people feel strongly for hoping that they will vote straight down a ticket....We should start seeing other hot button issues brought forward, like gay marriage, abortion, or social security....Nothing will actually change regarding the issues brought forward, but it will be enough to get people out the door to vote....Oh wait, aren't we already challenging roe v wade?
edit on 16-11-2011 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
No wonder the M$M started pushing this White House "incident" this morning !

Washington (CNN) -- An Idaho man wanted in connection with a White House shooting incident was arrested Wednesday in western Pennsylvania, police and the U.S. Secret Service announced.

Oscar Ramiro Ortega-Hernandez, who was detained by Pennsylvania State Police, was allegedly involved in a shooting Friday night that may be responsible for two bullets found at the White House, according to the Secret Service.

One bullet hit a window and was stopped by bulletproof glass, and another was found on the White House exterior, the Secret Service said. Both bullets were found Tuesday.

I was wondering WHY they waited until today to start with the onslaught.

Man arrested in White House shooting probe

related thread to White House Shots fired;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I can almost hear POTUS saying" I had to veto it because there are those who sole intent is to kill others with firearms." "Just look at the incident outside the White House window............"

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I believe that the statement, "Congress shall make no law..." beginning the 2nd Amendment kind of says it all. I should not even have to have a license to carry a concealed weapon.

I mostly am armed with high caliber type rifles and shotguns. I am not a killer, unless you have fur and antlers, feathers, or are a hog. I only kill what I will eat, and not much that you kill with a handgun is going to be good eating.

I am thinking about getting The Judge for home defense. Not a big fan of shotguns for home defense, but the ability to load out both 45s and 4-10's in the same pistol is something I am warming up to. Perfect home defense, perfect rattler killer, and a great opportunity sidearm to capitalize those turkeys that wander by on the deer lease.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This sums it up,Unfortunately........

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by xuenchen

I can almost hear POTUS saying" I had to veto it because there are those who sole intent is to kill others with firearms." "Just look at the incident outside the White House window............"

I heard that the window that got hit still had Halloween decorations

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join