It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civilian UAV Films Polish Riots From Above

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Here's a cool gadget. I'm sure, we would all want to own.

The video below showing a civilian operated drone chopper filming riots in Warsaw, Poland last Friday is a great example of the democratization of what was until very recently, military-grade tech. This is a straight up ISR drone that’s flying high above the streets of a major city taking camera footage that was once the exclusive domain of high-priced news choppers and government helos.

experts — speaking anonymously to encourage open and honest debate — an Army conference on the future of warfare warned of the rise of civil UAVs and ever-shrinking ISR gear that could be used by non-state actors:

The first technology approach would be the use by terrorist groups of new forms of airborne attack. Except this time they would use model aircraft as “a homemade cruise missile” or even building a model sailplane out of plastic or composites with a pound or two of explosives and something to serve as shrapnel,” the presenter said. Such a craft could evade radar and penetrate no fly zones to hit specified targets such as “the next presidential inauguration,” he said. “Let’s call this a homemade cruise missile,” he added.

Read more: defensetech.org...
Source: Defense.org

Link to video

edit on 16-11-2011 by C21H30O2I because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by C21H30O2I

good one!,lol, weird how i saw chopper on sale yesterday and was thinking in that same idea.to find it here today.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bumpufirst

Funny how things play out. I want one, Just to cruise the neighborhood. Good fun. Plenty of civilian apps. Hunting, hiking.....many, many more.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
They are actualy remarkably simple to create,the hardest part is getting the video feed,many mid-size model aircraft can carry the equipment if light enough and a simple SPAD type aircraft can be built for around £100 with radio gear

Actually fancied building one myself a month or two back hehe

top topics

join