It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If America never revolted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Hi i have always wondered what if modern day USA had never revolted against the empire.

Lets say in a alternative history, the 13 colonies were not under tyranny, they had the same taxes as there brothers back home, and were fully supported by her homeland, and had nothing wrong to say about being a colony.

Of course inevitably, just like Canada, Australia and New Zealand they would of obtained Independence through peaceful democratic vote, and most likely became part of the commonwealth.

Do you think the USA today would be different? If so, how much? And in what ways

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The USA wouldn't exist in such a case.

What you're describing is a world in which the British Empire was never tamed. I believe the world would essentially become ruled by the British Empire if the Revolution never happened. Think about it, Britain was colonizing more land to make room for their Empire, if all had went well in America they would have continued.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by heyitsphil

I don't think that's true. History has taught every single empire which has ever existed has fallen apart, the Persian empire, ottoman empire, Spanish empire, the Roman empire.

They get too big to fund, not enough troops, not even will power in government to keep every single country with a happy enough populace.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by godofme

I was not necessarily saying they would continue in rule today, hypothetically they could collapse in the 18th century maybe or however long it may have taken them to that point. I agree though, I just believe before the Empire would have fallen apart under its own weight it would have colonized most of the landmass of the Earth.

edit on 16-11-2011 by heyitsphil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by godofme

One could argue that the reasons all of the other empires of old - Rome, Persia etc - fell apart due to the inability to efficiently contact all corners of their empire. Note, I'm not entirely sure if this was why they fell, ignore me if I'm wrong

Maybe with increased levels of communication going on in the empire as technology got better, the British empire may have had a greater chance of surviving.

This is just sheer speculation of course..

new topics

top topics

join